Walters, Should he will he make the team?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2e0tnq3y said:
MizzouHawkGal":2e0tnq3y said:
DavidSeven":2e0tnq3y said:
Only way I can really see this happening is if Seattle keeps 6 WRs, and IRs Norwood, and keeps two QBs and/or 4 RBs.

It's possible.
Why only 4 RB's?

Seattle usually carries 5 WRs (even while only carrying two QBs), so an extra spot would have to come from somewhere.

Could break down like this (assuming 25 offense, 25 defense, 3 ST):

2 QB
4 RB
6 WR
3 TE
10 OL

They can carry 5 RB/6 WR if they drop a TE or OL, which is very possible. Can't see them carrying 7 WRs tho, so Norwood would need to be IR'ed if we keep Walters (assuming Lockette's spot is safe).
I see. I was assuming they would IR Norwood.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3o045m4g said:
They can carry 5 RB/6 WR if they drop a TE or OL, which is very possible. Can't see them carrying 7 WRs tho, so Norwood would need to be IR'ed if we keep Walters (assuming Lockette's spot is safe).

They sure as heck aren't dropping a TE, in fact they might have to go out and sign a TE with Helfet's injury........and I doubt they drop a O-lineman.

Norwood will be IR'd if I had to guess.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2kre0sys said:
Bigpumpkin":2kre0sys said:
hawknation2014":2kre0sys said:
Two concerns with Walters: injury history and ball security. I think he makes the final 53. If he gets hurt or coughs the ball up too much, they can always activate Kevin Norwood off the PUP list.

According to the post game interview with Tony V., Brian said that was the first time he has fumbled this year.

Also, is Norwood even on the PUP list. He passed his physical and practiced even if it was once or twice.

Norwood is not on PUP. He practiced during training camp and lost the eligibility.

kearly

Reaction score
Last year started with:

2 QB
6 WR
5 RB
2 TE

They did add a 3rd TE a few weeks into the season, but they kept 6 WR all year and kept 5 RB until Ware hit IR about midway through the season.

I think the initial numbers this year will be fairly similar to that.

With Harvin and Baldwin being injury prone and Richardson being built like a twig, it's practically a shoe in that they go with 6 WRs to help offset injury risk. Lockette and Walters provide some ST value too which helps their case.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":6q5hnkpn said:
Last year started with:

2 QB
6 WR
5 RB
2 TE

They did add a 3rd TE a few weeks into the season, but they kept 6 WR all year and kept 5 RB until Ware hit IR about midway through the season.

I think we started with 5 WR last year (Harvin on PUP). Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse and Stephen Williams? Lockette and Walters didn't get added until later after Williams was cut and Rice got injured.

Edit: though we did carry an extra defensive player last year, so we could add a WR if we go 25/25 on offense/defense and carry 2 QB/2 TE (10th OL will basically serve as an extra blocking TE).

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3808ybsn said:
kearly":3808ybsn said:
Last year started with:

2 QB
6 WR
5 RB
2 TE

I think we started with 5 WR last year (Harvin on PUP). Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse and Stephen Williams? Lockette and Walters didn't get added until later after Williams was cut and Rice got injured.

Correct

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Basis4day":2fxqh0w1 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2fxqh0w1 said:
Bigpumpkin":2fxqh0w1 said:
hawknation2014":2fxqh0w1 said:
Two concerns with Walters: injury history and ball security. I think he makes the final 53. If he gets hurt or coughs the ball up too much, they can always activate Kevin Norwood off the PUP list.

According to the post game interview with Tony V., Brian said that was the first time he has fumbled this year.

Also, is Norwood even on the PUP list. He passed his physical and practiced even if it was once or twice.

Norwood is not on PUP. He practiced during training camp and lost the eligibility.

Walters had another fumble on a kickoff in the 2nd preseason game that was negated by a penalty.

My mistake about Norwood. I guess they will have to send him to IR, unless they want to risk waiving him with an injury designation. Of course, that didn't work with Michael Bowie. I think Norwood has a chance to be really good.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1y1rl1uk said:
My mistake about Norwood. I guess they will have to send him to IR, unless they want to risk waiving him with an injury designation. Of course, that didn't work with Michael Bowie. I think Norwood has a chance to be really good.

The difference between Bowie and Norwood is that Bowie played and started. Teams have an idea of what Bowie brings. Norwood hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2onxwls6 said:

Why would they waive/injure him when they can simply IR him and retain his rights?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kpak76":2hal8svx said:
ImTheScientist":2hal8svx said:
nope......

Why do you think this?

I think he will make the 53rd as a 6th WR/ST guy.

No need for a sixth WR IMO. I would rather them keep someone at another slot. I don't view him as an nfl WR. There is a reason he hasn't done a thing in 4 years.

Tical21

Reaction score
Well, do we prefer an inside receiver or an outside receiver. Right now, who plays the slot when Percy is out? Is it Walters? Does Baldwin move inside? Is it Richardson?

I would think we would want a bigger body guy. If we don't keep Lockette or Bates, and Norwood doesn't play, we're smurflike out there.

I like the upside of Bates and maybe even Lockette more than Walters, but if we need depth inside, you have to keep Walters. I do like the return ability, although I don't know that he stands out at it, and I'd feel plenty comfortable with Angry Doug back there.

King Dog

Reaction score
Over the past couple of years, I've commented (to myself) that Thomas would have way more interceptions if he would catch the ball when the opportunity arises. That's what has me worried about him returning punts, not him getting injured.

I don't care one way or the other, but wouldn't shed a tear if Pryor or Ware were released.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I can't put my finger on it, but he reminds me of an unpolished ADB.

He has been great in the return game, I think he makes the roster.