Marshawn Lynch to hold out of training camp

kidhawk

Reaction score
As long as they work something out before the season starts, I'm not too worried about Lynch practicing. If true, this will give us a better chance to see how Turbin and Michael do with the ones.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Figured this would happen after Jamaal Charles got a new deal from K.C. despite multiple years being left on his old one.

Can't really blame Beast after that precedent was set this off-season. But yeah, he doesn't need to practice (and probably actually benefits from sitting out), so not a big issue to me.

Lithium

Reaction score
This is great news, no wear and tear on Lynch plus the young guys get more practice.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Yeah, at the risk of being all sunshine and lollipops about whatever bad news comes our way, I feel like this news isn't that bad. He'll be back in time for the regular season, he doesn't have to go out there and get beaten up...as long as he's not missing any actual games and as long as the FO doesn't overpay him or make it hard to cut him loose cap-wise in an extension (two things which I doubt), I'm okay with it.

Also, it was nice of Marshawn to help his buddy M-Rob get a scoop. He's even a hell of a guy while holding out!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Lets hope both sides can settle this before it gets to late into training camp. If there's installation of new plays/offense, I want Lynch to be a part of it. On the other hand, I'm kinda excited to hear Cmike, Turbin, and Ware will see more snaps.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Lynch always brings it. Pretty much a non issue unless something can be worked out

General Manager

Reaction score
Not good news but it's not unexpected and hopefully they give him some more money and it's over fairly quickly.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
keatonisballin":d3usfiqw said:
So no one else is annoyed by this? I love the Beast but cmon man.

I feel about this particular holdout the same way I feel about Walter Jones's yearly holdouts. When an elite veteran player that goes as hard as possible during the regular season and playoffs holds out, it's about the money, but it's also about not needing the beating of training camp to some degree.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Working out a new deal for Lynch could be complicated. Does Lynch want a big signing bonus so he can retire after this year? If he did, that entire bonus would hit next year's cap, a year when they will have numerous free agents and plan to extend Russell Wilson.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete gave him the okay to hold out. He doesn't need the extra work after 3 seasons of 300+ carries and long seasons (Playoffs) to boot.

Give him the time off, it's not like he needs to learn anything new. In one of the SoundFX Pete Carroll was trying to tell him something and Lynch just said "I just read 'em" Carroll smiled as he walked off b/c he knew Marshawn was going to do what suited him.

It's a long season with a BRUTAL December, I see the hold out as beneficial all around. I think when it counts, 'Shawn will show up.

Then there's the added benefit of our other backs getting practice and playing time. How jacked are those guys right about now? (Funk Soul Brother).

The Radish

Reaction score
I love Lynch but hate this kinds of crap from any player. Would he like to make more money? Yes. Wouldn't we all?

I'm one of those guys that think people that sign contracts should live by them. Because they would scream bloody murder if our side didn't live by them.

Besides we basically saved/made his career that he had about pissed away in Buffalo.

So love him? yes. Hate him? Yes also.

:roll:

p.s. besides I figure I'll get enough chances to see Turbin put the ball on the ground even with him.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Isn't there a nice stat about players who hold out? Where they usually have a lackluster year...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SeaChase":1eeu1zew said:
Isn't there a nice stat about players who hold out? Where they usually have a lackluster year...

Yeah Chris Clemons was terrible here.

And Walter Jones was terrible as well.

General Manager

Reaction score
ivotuk":2z4ijhuo said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete gave him the okay to hold out. He doesn't need the extra work after 3 seasons of 300+ carries and long seasons (Playoffs) to boot.

Give him the time off, it's not like he needs to learn anything new. In one of the SoundFX Pete Carroll was trying to tell him something and Lynch just said "I just read 'em" Carroll smiled as he walked off b/c he knew Marshawn was going to do what suited him.

It's a long season with a BRUTAL December, I see the hold out as beneficial all around. I think when it counts, 'Shawn will show up.

Then there's the added benefit of our other backs getting practice and playing time. How jacked are those guys right about now? (Funk Soul Brother).

The fines start Friday don't kid yourself if they don't give him more money it's possible he never takes another snap so this is a serious situation. We'll see where were at in a couple days.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The Radish":hepzpcij said:
I love Lynch but hate this kinds of crap from any player. Would he like to make more money? Yes. Wouldn't we all?

I'm one of those guys that think people that sign contracts should live by them. Because they would scream bloody murder if our side didn't live by them.

Besides we basically saved/made his career that he had about pissed away in Buffalo.

So love him? yes. Hate him? Yes also.

:roll:

p.s. besides I figure I'll get enough chances to see Turbin put the ball on the ground even with him.

I see where you're coming from, but none of us complain when the team cuts a player with several years remaining on his deal or forces him to take a pay-cut. In fact, we often celebrate those decisions.

I'd completely agree if these deals were guaranteed like the MLB or NBA.