Just Another Championship Off-Season

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just love this team because of the all the little things:

There also was something cool to see over Quinn's shoulder as he was talking - the veterans still out on the practice field helping the rookies.

"That part you take great pride in, too, knowing that they're trying to help their group become as good as it can be," Quinn said. "That's competition at its truest sense. It's not competing against the guy they're going against, but competing to see how good they can be and they want their unit to be that good."
"

http://m.seahawks.com/s/30860/260?itemPos=1&itemUri=502402398/701314281415915536513471150

They want the Dynasty label.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Pete has always said that he wants to build a team that will win for a long time! Not just throwing together a supposed dream team to try and win a ring. Here's looking at you Denver, Falcons, Eagles...

Love his philosophy.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
What I love is that PC/JS have financially rewarded the guys who have gone out of their way to help their teammates get better, even though those teammates are their "competition" for playing time and cap space. Think of the guys who got paid recently: Earl, Kam, Sherman, Baldwin. Based on everything I've seen and heard, these are the guys who assumed leadership roles and freely shared their knowledge with teammates before they ever got paid. It sets a great precedent for the young guys.

This is why I've always tried to say that paying your homegrown talent at market value is a celebration for your organization, not a reason for concern. You just have to be sure you're rewarding the right guys i.e. the best players and the best locker room examples. By paying these guys, you're sending a message to the rest of the team regarding what traits are truly valued. That's how you replicate success and "buy in" as young players keep coming in. It's pretty obvious that rewarding homegrown talent was a major emphasis this off-season, and I believe it will be in the future as well.

Latest posts