Lynch vs Clayton

General Manager

Reaction score
Ever since the Super Bowl Clayton has been floating this idea that ML can't be trusted to be there on Sundays , He's said on more than one occasion that he could decide to just quit playing for no reason and leave the Hawks hanging.
I've never heard of an instance in his pro career where this happened. I know that during the run up to the big game Clayton was one of those that believed ML had to talk to the media and I've heard it was him who whined about it to the league office. I have never held JC in that high a regard particularly on the draft he has no clue imo, but this latest BS from him in about Lynch has reduced my regard for Clayton to a new low.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Used to be a Clayton fan, now he just sounds like a pompous whiney bish when he talks about Lynch.
He's still butt hurt because Lynch didn't talk to the precious media on a few occasions. He doesn't owe you anything Frodo.

Jville

Reaction score
Well this certainly reads like an ugly mud slinging thread.

It should be titled as such.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
When Lynch retires he should grant Clayton to do his last interview, LIVE and Lynch should do his best to do a great interview while keeping it PG-13 but at the end when Clayton is thanking Lynch and goes to shake his hand...

Lynch will refuse and then tell John Clayton "To Go Screw Yourself, Beast-Mode out!!!" and then ride off into the sunset, like a boss.

Edited by Throwdown

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3vc5p3nh said:
I hope Clayton rots in Hell and dies of gonorrhea.

Shouldn't that be "dies of gonorrhea, then rots in hell?" Just sayin'

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
These media people don't get Marshawn so badly it's almost comedic. He doesn't like to talk to the media. He doesn't like to be the focus of people's attention. He loves playing football. I don't think anybody had more fun celebrating with his teammates and 12's than Marshawn did. He had the time of his life.

Anybody who thinks Marshawn would quit on his teammates is a complete fool. Do they think he's lying when he talks passionately about how important loyalty is to him? But at the same time when he decides he's done he'll be done, that I'm pretty sure of. And he'll have the support of his teammates and the people who know him when he makes that decision.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I mean, who plays harder than Marshawn Lynch? Very few. What else matters? Dude brings it EVERY time he is on the field.

Cartire

Reaction score
Is there a link? I want to hear him say it and hear his justifications. When has BeastMode ever quit on his team? I would like him to cite even a single occurrence. What exactly is making him think this? BeastMode got his payday awhile ago, and not once have I seen any signs of him slacking.

hawk45

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2nk0uuhf said:
Clayton is a decent reporter, but his analysis sucks, mainly because he's not that bright. He should stick to breaking NFL news and keep his moronic excuses for analysis bouncing around inside his tiny little cranium.
Nailed it. He works hard to gather facts, and gathers them well, and should stick to reporting.

The instant he attempts to synthesize those facts using his tiny CPU he sounds idiotic.

chris98251

Reaction score
And the media wonders why Lynch would rather have a hot poker enima then speak with them.

HawkWow

Reaction score
You knew when Clayton turned to Metal, dementia was certain.

Moms and Dads...just say NO to Metal.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I in no way think Marshawn will quit on his teammates. But he did indeed say he was going to retire if they won the Superbowl. Most were completely unsure if he meant it or not, and he declined to elaborate.

Lynch is still stiff and cool, still wrapped in the same face-warmer, hoodie up. Lynch has been telling teammates all season he’ll retire if they win the Super Bowl. Sherman doesn’t believe him.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/...mmates-he-would-retire-if-they-won-super-bowl

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1mtllg97 said:
I in no way think Marshawn will quit on his teammates. But he did indeed say he was going to retire if they won the Superbowl. Most were completely unsure if he meant it or not, and he declined to elaborate.

Lynch is still stiff and cool, still wrapped in the same face-warmer, hoodie up. Lynch has been telling teammates all season he’ll retire if they win the Super Bowl. Sherman doesn’t believe him.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/...mmates-he-would-retire-if-they-won-super-bowl

Retiring is one thing..."leaving the Hawks hanging" is another. If and when he chooses to hang up them cleats, the team will know, his teammates will know, and we will know.

chet380

Reaction score
Clayton made a big deal about ML's reluctance to cooperate with the media and it fizzled -- he is probably being shunned by the team -- expect a year-long grudge against ML.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Take it easy on Clayton; the man covered the Seahawks for a decade during some of their worst years, and he did a pretty damn good job at the time. He might be blind with asshurt at Lynch's press shield, but he has no vendetta against Seattle or the Hawks.

Quite the opposite, in fact. Immediately following the 2102 Week 3 Packers TD call review, here was Clayton's reaction:

john-clayton-pete-carroll.jpg