Questions about attending a road game - vs Chargers

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The year is going better than I thought, but going into the season, I was thinking at secondary ticket prices I was not going to attempt to make the trip down to Seattle for a game this year. With the Hawks in LA to play the Chargers I thought of attending that game since Charger tickets aren't in demand (still available in the primary market)

I've never attended a Hawks road game before. Is it best to sit on the side of the Hawks bench? is that where fans of the road trip usually try and sit? Anyone from here going? I figured visiting fans at Charger games don't get harassed too much. Any other tips for anyone who has been to Sofi?

Thanks in advance

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I'm a bit curious about this for a few reasons.

My first two Seahawks games (in person) were in Foxborough in 1984 and 1986. I think my dad just got whatever tickets he could get, and we didn't worry about where we sat. We were totally surrounded by Patriots fans. During both games, I only saw a few other Seahawks fans, and they were far from me and scattered. There didn't appear to be any kind of "Seahawks section."
The first half in '84 was good, but the final result sucked. Fans around us didn't like that I was . In '86, it was a battle, and the Seahawks ended up winning. During the game, I was urging the Seahawks' defense to put pressure on Eason so he'd give up the game. At one point, when Eason completed an important pass, a Patriots fan in front of me turned around to yell in my face "presha!" (that's Masshole for "pressure").
Now, of course, it's easier to find other people - through the web or social media, for example - and organize a group.

At the other extreme, I live in Brazil, and at soccer games, they sell tickets for a separate designated area for fans of the visiting team. This is mostly to prevent fights between fans, but it works out well in terms of organized cheers and songs, which become possible even for the visiting team's fans when they're all together.

It would be cool if there were some specific place in NFL stadia where fans of visiting teams tended to congregate.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I usually just get tix wherever the best value is. I went to a lot of Hawks games in SD back in the AFCW days and never had an issue except one drunk guy who has mad because I touched him to get him to move away from the railing and blocking my view. I’m usually with someone in Chargers gear when I go.

I haven’t been to SoFi yet and I’m not going to a Rams game until we’re competitive. It’s a different crowd from Chargers although it’s pretty well known the away teams tend to have more fans in attendance than Rams fans. In fact I believe they practiced this week for a silent count against the Cowboys. Hawks fans travel well but no fans beat cowboys fans for away games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I agree with Fatty. I've been to a number of road games, and Hawks fans are scattered throughout the stadium with no section having any larger numbers than another. Take the best seat available that's within your budget irrespective of what side of the field it is on.

There are certain teams that have very weak fan bases where road game tickets are relatively cheap. Of the road games remaining, I'd check out the Rams and Cards games. Kansas City has a solid fan base and tickets will be expensive, plus your liable to freeze your balls off in an outdoor stadium in December.