Lynch vs Clayton

rigelian

Reaction score
warden":2ov9oq08 said:
It is not Clayton in general but the media. They feel it necessary to create drama, conspiracy, unrest. This is lazy journalism but attracts a lot of readers. The days of good old fashioned journalism based on facts are pretty much over.

Good old fashioned journalism was just as bad if not worse. Yellow journalism or journalistic bias is nothing new. The big difference is what we now consider newsworthy. That's more on us than journalists.

As far as Clayton is concerned, it wouldn't surprise me if he is carrying some baggage from Lynch's effort to participate as little as possible in press day. The upshot of which is that fans were more sympathetic to Lynch than the press.

amill87

Reaction score
I like Clayton a lot. He always has some sort of news and the inside scoop on a lot of things in the football world.

Even his analysis isn't that bad most of that time. When he gets in trouble is when he is wrong. If he is wrong, he doesn't let it go and try to move past it. He tries to convince everyone his reasoning and that something unforeseen happened that changed what he predicted and in normal circumstances, he would've actually been right.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've always liked clayton. Don't really get his beef with Marshawn but he always has good insight. He may not be right 100% of the time but nobody is. I also like La Canfora though and most people here seem to hate him...well..really everyone here seems to basically hate everyone so. ..

birdman5

Reaction score
Clayton irritates the heck out of me sometimes but I will always be grateful to him for helping get Cortez Kennedy into the HOF. Without Johns advocacy, he may never have made it, as well deserved as it was...