Seahawks Primetime games? Predictions?

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Hey guys! Obviously the schedule hasn't been released yet but whats your predictions on how many games will be Primetime games (SNF, MNF, TNF). Also which teams do you think they will be against?

There are so many juicy games next year - you could argue for more than half the games being worthy!

kidhawk

Reaction score
All I know is we get the Season opener at home this coming year and that is better than all the others put together.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm going with 5 prime time games, with a 6th being "flexed" later in the year against a divisional opponent.

Obviously Thursday to start the season, and I'm guessing 2 MNF, and 2 SNF and another TNF (one of the Sunday's as a flex)

Packers, Niners, Cards, Green Bay, KC and Carolina.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion the league will do a Super Bowl rematch in the opening game. That said, I could see them putting the Seahawks-49ers game in that spot so that they could then easily do the second game in Sunday night game (I doubt they want both Hawks-9ers in Sunday night games). I could see CBS lobbying quite hard to be able to have the Seahawks-Broncos game so that might not even be a prime time game. I could see a Hawks-Cardinals game on Monday night, possibly a Thursday night (depending if the Hawks play a second Thursday night game or not).

djTOY2000

Reaction score
when will the season opening thursday night game be ? i will have to start my travel arrangements and flights because i will no longer be in the pacific northwest to easily get up to that game (yet i am still renewing my season tickets, but giving my un-used tickets to my older brother)

kidhawk

Reaction score
djTOY2000":2zz9smy5 said:
when will the season opening thursday night game be ? i will have to start my travel arrangements and flights because i will no longer be in the pacific northwest to easily get up to that game (yet i am still renewing my season tickets, but giving my un-used tickets to my older brother)

Everything I've heard puts opening day at Thursday September 4, 2014. I looked at the Mariner's schedule and as of now they have no game scheduled for that day (of course rain delays could change that I suppose, but as of now it's an open date. Hopefully it stays that way

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Put me down for 4 (which will really be 5)

TNF - vs. Green Bay (Week 1)
SNF - at Philadelphia, vs. Denver
MNF - at Arizona
Thanksgiving Night - vs. San Francisco

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":1nkze8dm said:
djTOY2000":1nkze8dm said:

Everything I've heard puts opening day at Thursday September 4, 2014. I looked at the Mariner's schedule and as of now they have no game scheduled for that day (of course rain delays could change that I suppose, but as of now it's an open date. Hopefully it stays that way

They're on the road. So any rain delays are moot.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":g9wefbww said:
kidhawk":g9wefbww said:
djTOY2000":g9wefbww said:

That's right, it's the following thursday they are off. I had checked their calendar before I heard the opening date. Knowing it would be one of those two thursdays the season would open, I had in my head that we should get the game unless there was a makeup game on that 11th slot where there is currently nothing scheduled. Then I heard the date for the opening weekend but muddled which week for the Mariners was away and which was on off day. That's what happens when one is a Seahawks fan and not a Mariners fan

davidonmi

Reaction score
TNF- GB week 1, STL
SNF-@SF, DAL,
MNF: DEN
Fox #1 crew: SF, @ARI. @CAR
CBS: #1: none

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jwsk2ks said:
Hasselbeck":2jwsk2ks said:
kidhawk":2jwsk2ks said:
djTOY2000":2jwsk2ks said:

That's right, it's the following thursday they are off. I had checked their calendar before I heard the opening date. Knowing it would be one of those two thursdays the season would open, I had in my head that we should get the game unless there was a makeup game on that 11th slot where there is currently nothing scheduled. Then I heard the date for the opening weekend but muddled which week for the Mariners was away and which was on off day. That's what happens when one is a Seahawks fan and not a Mariners fan

First thing I do every year MLB releases the new schedule is look at where the Mariners are playing in September.

Week 1 - road
Week 2 - home (Sunday game is at 1 PM PT even)
Week 3 - road
Week 4 - regular season over

So we could see 2 of the first 3 games at home just like last year.

Erebus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fc61dnp said:
First thing I do every year MLB releases the new schedule is look at where the Mariners are playing in September.

Week 1 - road
Week 2 - home (Sunday game is at 1 PM PT even)
Week 3 - road
Week 4 - regular season over

So we could see 2 of the first 3 games at home just like last year.

One thing we definitely don't need to worry about is the Mariners making the playoffs and causing a scheduling conflict like the Cardinals did for the Rams.

seadoc30

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ll2jp9n said:
djTOY2000":3ll2jp9n said:

I don't think the Mariners games have anything to do with the Seahawks. They don't share stadiums.

Erebus

Reaction score
They are next to each other and so they do affect each other. It would be a traffic nightmare to have both playing at the same time. Thats why the Ravens opened on the road last year, despite not sharing a stadium with the Orioles. Those stadiums are right next to each other.

Basis4day

Reaction score
What's the current limit on Prime time games? 5 or 6?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I thought the limit was 4 + the Thursday night game they added for everyone but I could be wrong.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think SF (SNF), Denver (SNF), GB (SNF), @Carolina (MNF), @Rams (TNF)

5 would be quite a few, but if we can get 1 of the 10AM NFC East games and @KC as the games of the week, I will be thrilled.

Edit: Forgot that the beginning game will be primetime, so let's the change the Rams game to home.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
from doing some googling it looks like the max a team can have is 5 (4 + Thursday night), but could have 6 in the case of flex scheduling which trumps it.

I dunno if Seattle/STL is going to get much consideration considering that Monday night stinker and the dominant game to end the season.

ARI@Seattle will probably be on the list.

Denver is a lock

at least one SF game is a lock.

After the fail mary, that's almost certainly a MNF lock.

JMR

Reaction score
Not sure what the total will be, but it seems unlikely matchups vs GB, Denver, and 1 of the SF games wouldn't be prime time. Cowboys and Panthers are other candidates.

I also really doubt we'll open up the season vs Denver. That's the night where we'll make a big deal in front of the 12s about the SB win, raise the banner, etc. I can't see the NFL rubbing that in Peyton's face. Plus, that game is going to draw huge ratings no matter who the opponent is, so why waste a marquee matchup on it?

Latest posts