How awesome is today!

blkhwk

Reaction score
Wow, I remember being a young 8-9 year old boy watching the Jack Patera & Knox Seahawks practice in Cheney, then the Erickson and later the Holmgren teams practice in Cheney as an adult. This day always seemed like it would never come. Congrats to the team and to all of you who have Cheered for the Blue and Green for all those lean years. Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire, Stan Gelbaugh etc..... those demons have been exercised!

Great day to be a 12!!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
blkhwk":8hks13kq said:
Wow, I remember being a young 8-9 year old boy watching the Jack Patera & Knox Seahawks practice in Cheney, then the Erickson and later the Holmgren teams practice in Cheney as an adult. This day always seemed like it would never come. Congrats to the team and to all of you who have Cheered for the Blue and Green for all those lean years. Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire, Stan Gelbaugh etc..... those demons have been exercised!

Great day to be a 12!!!!!

I wrote something similar to this on my Facebook account late last night (after quite a few cocktails).

I remember chasing the Fircrest police cars around on my bike in the late 70's begging for Seahawk trading cards (our police use to hand them out to kids), suffering through all the horrible seasons, all the draft pick busts, throwing my Hawks hat in the garbage as I watched Behring's moving vans leaving town. All that pain and misery, all those scars cut into my sports soul..........finally being washed away last night.

It truly is a beautiful surreal feeling.

HawkSquawk

Reaction score
I fondly remember the days of watching the Seahawks practice in Cheney. Glad we got to the big game and won it in a dominate fashion.

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
In those early days, it felt like teams that played in the Super Bowl were truly in a different league. Now we are the different league. Sureal!!!!