A Hawk fan from the beginning......some of my memories

blkhwk

Reaction score
I do not post often, but on the verge of greatness, thought i would share the thoughts of someone old enough to be a fan from the beginning.

Most are good, a few not so much......

70's & 80's: too young to drive, hitching rides to Cheney WA ( 25 miles away) to watch training camp. Got to sit in the grass with Steve Largent for about 30 minutes one day after practice talking football. Another time Ed Bailey gave me his cleats. The Knox years, Easley, Brown, Harris, Simpson (an early version of the LOB, these guys would knock your head off if you came over the middle), Curt Warner, Jacob Green, The playoff win in Miami, The Franco Harris Cameo, Fredd Young's rookie year playing special teams, Krieg to Skansi vs. KC (Derek Thomas 8 sack game) Rufus Porter on Monday Night Football vs. Cincy, The Boz & Bo, The Boz & Elway, Largent's 100th TD

90's Would rather forget the early 90's, except the 92 defense! Lots of bad memories the Blades boys being involved in a shooting. Mike Frier car accident. Potential move to California. QB's: Stouffer, McGwire, Mirer. The Erickson years: tons of talent never got it done. Holmgren the "savior"

2000's: Waiting, waiting waiting for this team to come together. Alexander's big year, XL, losing Hutch Ruskell's drafts, Jim Mora's "dirtbags", Lime green jerseys,

2010 to today: Carroll to the rescue. Beastquake, CBJ, boatloads of personnel moves, the 2012 draft, Win on the road in Chicago, almost in Atlanta, trade for Percy, Green Bay I, comeback in Houston, the tip, 48, trading Percy, Green Bay II, waiting for 49!!!!!

Would love to hear others memories.....

BLKHWK

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
My first game was a road game in San Diego in 1977. Bought my first jersey in 1980 in a sports store in down town Philadelphia.

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
Some things to add....

First jersey & helmet 1978: Jim Zorn jersey with pants and shoulder pads.
Steve Largent jersey purchase 1985 (still have it)

Latest posts