Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Jermichael Finley wants to Sign with Seattle
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 pm 
NET Veteran

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-seattle/

Quote:
“I mean there’s a couple of teams I would love and would be on the first flight out to play with but like I said the Packers are going to come at me with something and I’m going to go to them first and see what they’ve got and if it’s not I would love to be on the first flight out to good old Seattle,” Finley said.

Whether the Seahawks land Finley or not, the notion that the Seahawks have become a magnet for free agents is very good news for a team that could remain a contender for years to come.

Post subject: Re: Jermichael Finley wants to Sign with Seattle
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:14 pm 
* NET Sage *

And so it begins.

Finley won't be the last one that wants to play up here. Word is out.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:15 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

He could be a bargain, with his injury/concussion history.

But damn dude, let's talk about the Superb Owl! ;)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm 
NET Veteran

I heard this also.... interesting.:)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm 
NET Veteran

COMPETE!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:17 pm 
NET Veteran

If he could get his head straightened out he is a top 5 receiving TE in the NFL. God that is awesome to hear. We have officially become the Patriots of the early 2000's where a lot of high profile players want to play for us just to be a part of 'the team.'

I'd love to sign him but Miller's contract is very reasonable next year and is a fantastic blocking TE while Luke Willson is being groomed into the next stud for us. I don't really see a spot for him unless our FO wants to cut ties with Zach.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Saw a segment on NFL network that was featuring Sherman, it had one aslepct that showed and said that players are texting, tweeting or whatever Sherm asking if Carroll is really that cool and if having fun in practice was true, answer was yes yes.

Seems that FA's are already testing the waters. I'll wager that a lot of other players are getting these as well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:25 pm 
NET Rookie

He's going to want too much money. We need to save that salary cap money for Wilson, Sherman, & Thomas..

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 pm 
NET Starter

Sign him to a one year deal like Bennett and let him ComPete

End of story

*NorthHawk's view of SB XLVIII

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:44 pm 
NET Veteran

The best thing about this is that players also know they're not going to break the bank here.

Bennett and Avril have already proven that guys can get paid a fair amount, but not get the fattest contracts. Pete has created an environment that players love, and at the end of the day...all these guys want to win. And we're the best spot for that.

No state income tax certainly has to help.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:47 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Drops Finley? His money will be spent elsewhere.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:55 pm 
NET Veteran

Players wanna play for Pete!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:20 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Must... wait... three more days... before... rosterbating...

Argh! I can't hold it in anymore. I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March, and if the Steelers axe Troy Polamalu to get out of his $8.25 million cap hit, I think he'll be on the first flight to Seattle as well. Cleanup on aisle three!

Course, we are going to lose some guys. Rice and Clemons are obvious cap casualties, with Bryant and Miller being in play. I think Seattle will have the flexibility to go after some value free agents, and usually the best bang for the buck FAs are defensive players over 30. Finley though? It's cool that he wants to come here, but I don't think he really fits what the Seahawks do.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:39 pm 
NET Veteran

He must not know that we do not throw to TEs

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:45 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I'd rather keep McCoy at a reasonable rate if he's healthy and I doubt Finley would take much less than Miller, who might be cut because of how much he makes.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:50 pm 
NET Veteran

no thanks! Zach will restructure his deal, and I kinda like Willson

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:57 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

m0ng0 wrote:
no thanks! Zach will restructure his deal, and I kinda like Willson

Sure would be nice for Zach to "step into the spotlight" Sunday...he's done it before!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:02 pm 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:

Argh! I can't hold it in anymore. I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March, and if the Steelers axe Troy Polamalu to get out of his $8.25 million cap hit, I think he'll be on the first flight to Seattle as well. Cleanup on aisle three!

Course, we are going to lose some guys. Rice and Clemons are obvious cap casualties, with Bryant and Miller being in play. I think Seattle will have the flexibility to go after some value free agents, and usually the best bang for the buck FAs are defensive players over 30. Finley though? It's cool that he wants to come here, but I don't think he really fits what the Seahawks do.

I'm curious as to what you think Polamalu's role would be, or what role he'd like to take, if he came here, what with ET and Kam and everything.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:05 pm 
NET Veteran

Thats awesome. Love to see that free agents view Seattle as a premier destination.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:05 pm 
NET Veteran

Please bring me Finley on a platter. He is a TE on Graham's level. Same type of big, fast, great hands --almost a massive WR. I would rate him as Graham, Julius Thomas, Vernon Davis, Gronk, etc. --that type of TE. He is very good. His only downfall is that he is Percy Harvin like injury prone. But that may be good news, due to his injuries and thus his sub par production this year, he should come at a great deal like price.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:29 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

It doesn't seem like long ago and Pete was kind of a joke to a lot of people outside of Seattle. a lot has changed. keep winning and this could be a crazy fun run.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:31 pm 
NET Rookie

I think Finley would want more money than we'd be willing to pay him. I'd rather see us spend a draft pick to get ASJ with another nice and cheap rookie contract.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:46 pm 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:

Why do this given we have better options in house? Though if the price is right....Finley would be a major get and the price will be reasonable if Green Bay decides to play hard ball ala Wes Welker.

Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:50 pm 
* NET Sage *

plyka wrote:
Please bring me Finley on a platter. He is a TE on Graham's level. Same type of big, fast, great hands --almost a massive WR. I would rate him as Graham, Julius Thomas, Vernon Davis, Gronk, etc. --that type of TE. He is very good. His only downfall is that he is Percy Harvin like injury prone. But that may be good news, due to his injuries and thus his sub par production this year, he should come at a great deal like price.

What Jermichael Finley have you been watching lately? He's nowhere near the elite TE's.. the guy has hands like Jerramy Stevens used to have. The Graham comparison is incredibly off too.. Graham already has 1000 more yards in his career than Finley in 3 less seasons..

Bringing back McCoy and restructuring Miller would be a better option.

Last edited by Hasselbeck on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Hasselbeck wrote:
plyka wrote:

What Jermichael Finley have you been watching lately? He's nowhere near the elite TE's.. the guy has hands like Jerramy Stevens used to have.

Keeping Willson and restructuring Miller would be a better option.

FTFY

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:55 pm 
* NET Sage *

OkieHawk wrote:
Hasselbeck wrote:
plyka wrote:

What Jermichael Finley have you been watching lately? He's nowhere near the elite TE's.. the guy has hands like Jerramy Stevens used to have.

Keeping Willson and restructuring Miller would be a better option.

FTFY

Luke is obviously not going anywhere.. and I wouldn't mind having McCoy back and letting Davis go. But I suppose the difference is pretty minor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Used to like Finley a lot...not so much after all the abuse and injuries

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 am 
NET Starter

Who wouldn't want to play for the Hawks?

Great HC who has fun and runs his team like a college program.
Awesome training facilities at the VMAC.
Amazing home game experience at the Clink where we're almost unbeatable.
And to cap it off we've got the key players to be Superb owl contenders for another 5 years+

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:12 am 
NET Starter

Finley is good but please really...Do we need another injury prone player?Neck fusion is no joke,I don't want to see this guy play anymore ...Besides the neck he has had numerous head and back injuries..I'd rather draft a TE like the one from Notre Dame or UW...GO HAWKS!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:19 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

nategreat wrote:
I'm curious as to what you think Polamalu's role would be, or what role he'd like to take, if he came here, what with ET and Kam and everything.

Big Nickle. After Jeron Johnson went down Seattle couldn't do their true big nickle defense. JJ has been just average in the NFL outside of the preseason anyway. Our depth at safety is lacking as well. Totally expect 1-2 moves at safety this offseason. And if Troy P. comes for a Winfield type pricetag, I think it's actually a pretty obvious move. Pete will move heaven and earth to get the players he loves, and there wasn't a player at USC he loved more than Polamalu.

Remember how Seattle's "amoeba" defense was a lot of fun early in 2010 and Lawyer Milloy was a terror? They've gone away from that recently because of personnel issues, but if Seattle added just one more very good safety they could be a lot more aggressive with DB blitzing.

In the 2012 draft Seattle had Mark Barron rated extremely highly on their draft board, tied with Bruce Irvin and Luke Kuechly. Mark Barron was a safety, both Kam and Earl were coming off pro-bowl seasons. There was a rumor about moving Kam to LB, but it's equally possible that Seattle was trying to load up with 3 elite safeties to perfect their big nickle defense. Seattle is constantly in nickle defense, it's just that personnel issues this season made them go with a 2 safety version.

Last edited by kearly on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:23 am 
NET Veteran

As a huge Vikings fan as well. I say...HEEEEEEECCCCK NOOOOO. Stay away from this guy. WAY to injury prone and just not worth it

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:24 am 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
nategreat wrote:

Big Nickle. After Jeron Johnson went down Seattle couldn't do their true big nickle defense. JJ has been just average in the NFL outside of the preseason anyway. Our depth at safety is lacking as well. Totally expect 1-2 moves at safety this offseason. And if Troy P. comes for a Winfield type pricetag, I think it's actually a pretty obvious move. Pete will move heaven and earth to get the players he loves, and there wasn't a player at USC he loved more than Polamalu.

Now THIS I could get behind. That would be one hell of a secondary

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:52 am 
NET Veteran

I think Finley is an awesome player. But we barely use the receiving TE we have now. And we have a good one.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:53 am 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March

Agreed.

Cheap veteran deal, a last dance for a ring.

And it'll be awesome.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:23 am 
NET Bench Warmer

On local (Wisconsin) sports talk radio, hosts were discussing Finley's potential return. There's a general feeling here that the GB staff won't clear him to play following the single-fusion surgery on his C-3 and C-4 vertebrae. Of course Finley 'wants to play'. But, folks here aren't optimistic that he could/will ever be a game-changer again.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:04 am 
NET Starter

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
kearly wrote:
I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March

Agreed.

Cheap veteran deal, a last dance for a ring.

And it'll be awesome.

i mentioned this in a previous off season thread. glad to hear im not a complete madden head and some knowledgeable folks think this too. i just think allen would be ultra motivated being a vet and sitting in that stink hole in minni for so long. plus i also think his personality would be great to add to the mix. what spot would he be taking, not sure if hes more clemmons or bennet???

i also hope he rocks his mullet, as thats a crucial piece to our d i think we are missing.

Last edited by Mr.Hawkbrah on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:05 am 
NET Rookie

Finley - Meh. If there is free agent money we have needs at OG. That being said...

Jared f-ing Allen - that would be excellent.

Our high priced free agents (AKA Wilson, Thomas, Bennett and Sherman) - I wonder how high priced they will be. They are great players but they are playing in a scheme and in an environment where they can really excel. I'm sure as individuals they must realize they have perfect conditions right here.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:18 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Msfann wrote:
It doesn't seem like long ago and Pete was kind of a joke to a lot of people outside of Seattle. a lot has changed. Hawks WILL keep winning and this WILL be a crazy fun run.

FIFY......... :D

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 am 
NET Starter

Liked Finley a lot, but he is one hit past the "you shouldn't play anymore" level.

He would have to be REALLY clean medically, and even then he would be a lower priority for our cap space than retaining some of the other guys we already have.

Dude may play TE, but he is every bit the WR as well. In a perfect world, I would love to see it.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:06 pm 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
nategreat wrote:

Remember how Seattle's "amoeba" defense was a lot of fun early in 2010 and Lawyer Milloy was a terror? They've gone away from that recently because of personnel issues, but if Seattle added just one more very good safety they could be a lot more aggressive with DB blitzing.

In the 2012 draft Seattle had Mark Barron rated extremely highly on their draft board, tied with Bruce Irvin and Luke Kuechly. Mark Barron was a safety, both Kam and Earl were coming off pro-bowl seasons. There was a rumor about moving Kam to LB, but it's equally possible that Seattle was trying to load up with 3 elite safeties to perfect their big nickle defense. Seattle is constantly in nickle defense, it's just that personnel issues this season made them go with a 2 safety version.

Well that would just be amazing, I love it! Here's hoping you're on to something! :thirishdrinkers:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]