Why wouldn't you go to the SB?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
If you won A ticket, or were given A ticket. Would you go?

Or is there something that would stop you?

I would have to leave my son alone, (mom will be out of town), good luch getting a room for less than $1000.00 a night NOW! Airfare? LOL... yeah right... let's see you only need one kidney right?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Free ticket would definitely be enticing, but I am currently in the midst of a home purchase and the timing just sucks for spending the money right now. But if I were to have say two tickets free and I could trade one for the airfare I would probably be there.

cboom

Reaction score
I would be much quicker to spend the money if it was in warm weather climate where we could make a nice family vacation out of it. Been to NY once and have no desire to ever go back.

dbmack

Reaction score
mr dbmack wouldn't be able to go and I would never go to a Super Bowl without him, free or not.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't understand it either.

I know at least two people that won the lottery and are not going.

And they have plenty of means cost is not the issue.

I don't understand why you would have season tickets for so long and then when they actually reach the moment before the finish line...not bother to go watch.

I do know it was something of a pain to get the tix, I guess you had time limit or something to get your money in? But I think they picked them up, so they could sell them. At least they sold them to Hawk fans but wth.

I am thinking very seriously about going but I would have to find a way to fly in and fly out the same day. Right now prices are not obscene (not good but at least not obscene) but availability is another issue.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I looked into it, they still have packages that include airfare and room. Which costs you about $4,000.

Then you need to pay more to get better seating options. +4k for 100 level, +2.5k for 200.

It's a game for big corporations not the common man.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Easy,

Sterile corporate affair. The Superbowl is a corporate affair. It does not have the same feel of a playoff or regular season game. I would rather be with my friends and family and enjoy the up's and downs and celebrating with the guys I have been going to the games with over the last 10 years.

My group of friends that goes to the games 2 of them got tickets. 1 of them is going, the other is sold his to another season ticket holder.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
...plus I have a HUGE HD tv, the best beer, food, 72­° climate.... likely I would get nose bleed seat and need binoculars to the the goal post. Wow! magical experience? I don't think so!!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2zgyu7pr said:
Free ticket would definitely be enticing, but I am currently in the midst of a home purchase and the timing just sucks for spending the money right now. But if I were to have say two tickets free and I could trade one for the airfare I would probably be there.

Congratulations kid!

I had a few buddies who bought tickets when the prices dropped because of weather worries and low demand.

As much as I want to pay $500 for a hotel in NJ I would usually pay $50 for I'd rather hang out in Seattle with real fans and enjoy the city.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The airfare R/T would be the primary issue. If the ticket was given to me I would go. I have family and friends I can stay with in NJ. It's the total cost of the trip that would keep me from going at this moment.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Someone could give me free tix, airfare and accommodations, and I still wouldn't go. When I was in my 20's or 30's, I'd have been all over it. But at 52 it just sounds like a huge hassle and, well, watching football is one of the main reasons I bought my 65" Plasma. Plus I went to both of our playoff games in 2006, just 'cause I felt I had to be there, but afterwards I wished I had just stayed home. You miss all to cool commentary on tv when you're at the game, and you can see the game action so much better IMO. Plus my recliner is far more comfortable, the beer and food is MUCH cheaper, and I can smoke! So nope. Just gonna enjoy the SB from my comfy throne here, and it will be awesome!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm a single father so it would take two tickets to get me there. I hate NYC but we do have cousins there who would put us up. The other thing I worry about is the security of the event given the weather conditions and where it's being held. If it was just me maybe but I wouldn't want to risk my son's young life.

Reaction score
I had dibs on a ticket (I share tickets with a friend and our name was pulled in the ticket lottery) and while I didn't have the money for a the ticket or a flight, I could have raised that from friends rather easily(my CFO offered airline miles and our CTO offered to start a donation fund to send me)....what would have been more difficult is to replace the income that I would have missed out on as I would have ended up missing at least 2-3 days of work.....and unfortunately I'm already using up what little vacation time I have right now on a trip next month. So I gave up my ticket to another buddy of ours who hadn't been able to go to many games this year. I'm okay with it at this point and time, but you'd better believe that I'm going to plan ahead in the future and make sure I've got at least 3 days of vacation time saved up for Super Bowl time.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Give me tickets . I'll go, in a heartbeat, in the cold, in the rain, making so much noise that Manning will know where I'm sitting.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Same as with most everybody else, the cost of flight and hotel (plus food while I'm there) would be too pricy to offset a free ticket. But damn, that would be hard to turn down.

Latest posts