The one downside of this great season

kearly

Reaction score
Is that because the Seahawks season isn't over yet, it would be bad manners to rosterbate. I haven't held out this long in 8 years guys. My balls are turning blue.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The good news with the sublime send off that the 12s gave the Seahawks, I feel the hometown discount is now more real than just a fantasy.

I think a majority of players would definitely take less money to work for a world class organization including a modern stadium and state-of-the-art training facility, a player's coach, where the work is hard but fun, and a fan base so passionate it doesn't compare.

Especially considering we have free agents saying they've never experienced a programs quite like ours and how we run things around here.

Okay, maybe not the majority but I feel like younger players and older players alike will each make sacrifices to continue to be a part of this team while our Superbowl window with the legacy of being the next dynasty is wide open.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":gxipd04r said:
The good news with the sublime send off that the 12s gave the Seahawks, I feel the hometown discount is now more real than just a fantasy.

I think a majority of players would definitely take less money to work for a world class organization including a modern stadium and state-of-the-art training facility, a player's coach, where the work is hard but fun, and a fan base so passionate it doesn't compare.

Especially considering we have free agents saying they've never experienced a programs quite like ours and how we run things around here.

Okay, maybe not the majority but I feel like younger players and older players alike will each make sacrifices to continue to be a part of this team while our Superbowl window with the legacy of being the next dynasty is wide open.

Here here! It's enough to make a player want to run out with a smile and smoke weed!
BROWNER!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1z8h6mzf said:
Is that because the Seahawks season isn't over yet, it would be bad manners to rosterbate. I haven't held out this long in 8 years guys. My balls are turning SEAHAWK blue.

Fixed that for ya there Kearly.

Meh. What can I say, it's s'wat I do :229031_shrug:

You can splooge next week. 8)

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think the true discussion only comes down to 2 or 3 players anyway. Most of the core comes back. There just won't be cap for adding new guys like we did with Bennett & Avril anyway.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1w536l1v said:
I think the true discussion only comes down to 2 or 3 players anyway. Most of the core comes back. There just won't be cap for adding new guys like we did with Bennett & Avril anyway.

True, but we really fixed what needed fixing. We can fix OL, WR and depth through the draft. I think the key additions of Bennett and Avril put us over the top, and we can keep both of them if we restructure big Red's and Clemon's deals or release one of them.

I used to think hoping for a hometown discount was blind optimism, but NE had been getting guys to do it for years; they win and there isn't the drama involved with a lot of other clubs. I'm thinking guys are starting to see the same thing here except Pete looks to be a hell of a lot more fun that Bellichick and our facilities are most likely far better than NE's. Add in weather and no state income tax and it starts to add up.

The one problem I can see is that NE usually gets aging vets to come and over perform. These guys have already made good money in most cases. Our guys are young and most of them are out producing the only contract they've ever written. You wonder if things like : loyalty for giving them a shot when other teams wouldn't, loyalty to players (taking care of the guys that produce: Chancellor), the environment, the fan base, and winning will add up.

The scary thing is, it really only takes one guy to stick to his guns and get that maximum contract. Sherman or Wilson can crush the cap, although the team won't give Sherm 16 mil/year. It's really going to hinge on Wilson and what he is willing to take, and whether the salary cap goes up significantly with the new TV deal.