If there are truly "SEAHAWK HATERS"

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Isn't that a true sign that we've arrived on the national stage?

No one hated the Seahawks in '09.

Just sayin'. Try to enjoy it.

Eldorado

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":29hakn0d said:

I hate Steve Largent. He used to eat the broncos alive.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Coming from K-State, a college program that used to be irrelevant and now is highly competitive, I would say that you are right.

Nobody--I mean, nobody--talked smack on us except maybe The Boz in his book (he hated our uniforms in the 1980s when he was with OU). Nobody cared. Once we got good, suddenly people HATED us. Not just hated, but HATED in all caps.

I grew up in Chiefs country, and nobody I knew hated the Seahawks back then. They always worried a bit about playing you guys because Krieg had the Chiefs number, and when the Chiefs signed Krieg away from Seattle, the running line around the fan base was, "Well, at least we have a quarterback who knows how to win in Arrowhead." Otherwise, no hate.

Congrats, Hawks. In XL, you were passed off as little more than the Washington Generals to Jerome Bettis's Harlem Globetrotters (and refs helped make sure that scenario played out). Today, you are the Emerald City Hooligans. Embrace it and love it. I know I do.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2qksf6qd said:

This is so true. My Saints have experienced the same thing. Welcome to the world of the despised.

Although, other than the last three games against y'all, I will always have a friendly respect. ;)