Denver Radio - OMG haha!

the ditch

Reaction score
It's amazing how little Bronco fans know about the Seahawks, I assume it's pretty much all teams outside of their division. I mean, he could be intentionally trolling, though if it's local radio I doubt it, I also see lack of knowledge by most of the fans on their message boards.

They'll be in for a shock if that's what they actually think.

Miile High

Reaction score
FYI...I heard the show live yesterday. Apparently the Denver radio guys found out that some dude named Furnace or something was playing clips of their show.

They went on to say a lot of dumb things, and at first I thought they were serious. But their tone sounded pretty sarcastic, and I believe they were purposely giving the Seattle radio hosts more goofy sound bites to quote/play and get pissed about or laugh at.

Polaris

Reaction score
Those Denver fans are going to be for such a rude awakening come the super bowl.....

Miile High

Reaction score
the ditch":11oic2j2 said:
I mean, he could be intentionally trolling, though if it's local radio I doubt it,.

that's exactly what he was doing...

he heard from several Broncos fans in Seattle that local radio was taking sound bites from Denver radio...so he decided to troll...and apparently it worked.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
You mean to say that Denver radio was trying to sound dumber than the really are?

Polaris

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":19l2y1d6 said:
You mean to say that Denver radio was trying to sound dumber than the really are?

Is that possible? :stirthepot:

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I think a lot of Bronco fans just assume that because they have Manning, they are good. Sure he's had a monumental year, but I get this overwhelming feeling that the Broncos have no idea what type of storm that's coming their way. I expect Manning to move the ball, I suspect he will manage to get a couple TD's. What I think Bronco fan's don't expect is Beast Mode to pound the rock and sustain drives, Wilson to avoid pressure and slice and dice their DB's, the Hawks special teams to dominate and take advantage of the field position game.

I am increasingly feeling like this game is going to be an awesome display of Seahawk total domination. Am I wrong in this feeling?

largenutz

Reaction score
I ve been listening to denver sports radio everyday, and general consensus is that Seahawks havent played a good offence all year. The Afc west is the toughest division in nfl, as shown by 3 playoff teams.
No 12th man in NY.
no SB expierience.
Peyton has played vs better defences and secondaries over his career.
No way we have enough dbs to cover 5 recievers.
Sherman is the devil.
Broncos blowout, riot downtown.

Polaris

Reaction score
A lot of Bronco ignorance obviously.

largenutz":1nxangl5 said:
I ve been listening to denver sports radio everyday, and general consensus is that Seahawks havent played a good offence all year. The Afc west is the toughest division in nfl, as shown by 3 playoff teams.

Hardly and DVOA backs this. San Diego BARELY squeeked in with a 9-7 record, favorable schedule, and two officiating botches that handed them the last game (against a KC team that was blatently playing their second string).

By contrast by most accounts Seattle and San Fran were two of the top three teams in all of football (and the top two by many acounts). San Fran finished with the third best record in all the NFL (behind Seattle and Denver) and was only a wildcard because they were unfortunate enough to have Seattle in the same division. Then there is Arizona that finished the season at a very respectable 10-6 and after playing a BRUTAL schedule. However because the NFC and esp the NFCW is so brutal this year, Arizona couldn't get the critical division wins they needed. Even so they came within a hair of making the playoffs (and would have with the proposed expanded format). DVOA backs this analysis too.

By DVOA Seattle, San Fran, Arizona, St Loius is a much better line up than Denver, KC, San Diego, and the Raiders.

No 12th man in NY.

And Denver will be playing at Sea Level which means that fast agressive teams won't get winded from the altitude (a very real effect when playing in Denver). I also remind the Bronco fans that Seattle was 6-2 on the road, so Seattle can win quite well on the road (including a 23-0 shutout of the Giants on the Road)

no SB expierience.

History shows this is overrated and the Broncos don't have a lot of it either.

Peyton has played vs better defences and secondaries over his career.

No he hasn't (except us in preseason). The numbers are very clear about that.

No way we have enough dbs to cover 5 recievers.

Oh really? We have superior to elite level DBs at least 6 deep. We are one of the few teams in the league that really can cover five receivers....and we've proven this against teams like the Saints.

Sherman is the devil.

I doubt it, but even if he is (which I dispute), he's our devil. How many Bronco fans would be worshipping the ground he walks on if he were a Bronco?

Broncos blowout, riot downtown.

The riot is possible, but not for the same reason :D

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
" Russell Wilson is a little bit better version of Tim Tebow and the Seahawks secondary is, quote, "pretty solid""

I can confirm the tweet by Danny is in reference to an afternoon segment on Tuesday of this week and the hosts were in no way "trolling" but seriously discussing the matchup. In addition to the gem above, they equated Denver's Defense with the Cardinals' and said they were in no way deterred by Sherman and in fact thought the Bronc's should go after him in the passing game.

Good stuff really

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I won't even bother with them. It is always the same story. Every team's support system that talked about the Hawks for most of the season has said the same things.

It has no value any more. I listened before and I have yet to hear an argument with any validity. Sure, they have a good chance to win, but it is not going to be the game they think it is. Now I am hearing about the Denver defense... REALLY?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
They are on crack when it comes to the Denver defense. BUT, I do worry quite a bit about Terrence Knighton v Max Unger. Unger is not a super physical dude, and I think he will be completely overmatched 1 on 1 against Knighton. They are going to have to help with chips and whatnot.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1ax4qfwl said:
" Russell Wilson is a little bit better version of Tim Tebow and the Seahawks secondary is, quote, "pretty solid""

I can confirm the tweet by Danny is in reference to an afternoon segment on Tuesday of this week and the hosts were in no way "trolling" but seriously discussing the matchup. In addition to the gem above, they equated Denver's Defense with the Cardinals' and said they were in no way deterred by Sherman and in fact thought the Bronc's should go after him in the passing game.

Good stuff really

Ignorance is bliss in Denver.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pot might be legal in Colorado but Denver is on crack.

Sherman is a top 3 CB in the game.

Maxwell, with his sample size, is probably a top 15 CB.

Thurmond, is a top 25 CB. And imo he's equal in size and talent to Denver's best CB, Chris Harris, who is on I.R.

Lane is probably better DRC and Bailey in terms of raw ability and talent. He lacks the starting experience they have but athletically he's better and could be the #1 CB on some teams out there.

Earl Thomas isn't just the best FS in the game, he's the best Safety period.

Chanchellor isn't #1 but he's still a top 5 SS. However, he's hands down the most feared safety in the game today, possibly the most fear DB in the game.

Excluding Lane (0) and Thurmond (1), the 4 remaining players (Sherm, Max, Earl, and Kam) combine for more Interceptions than Denver's entire team.

They can STFU.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The thing I've heard in talking with a couple Broncos fans is that "Sherman can cover Demaryius, but Denver has too many weapons... who's going to cover Welker, Decker, and Julius Thomas?"

It's like they have no concept of the fact that both our starting safeties are All-Pros and that Maxwell has statistically been the second best corner in the NFL (behind only Sherman). I especially love when they throw in Julius Thomas's name. It's like, do you really think we're going to be afraid of him after we shut down Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis?

Latest posts