Finesse vs. Physical Football

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Having not played football beyond a high school level I'm curious to know from those who did. If your brand of football is the finesse variety (Broncos) how easy is it to prepare yourself to play a more physical brand (Seahawks) of football in a mere two weeks?

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Seriously?! No one has any input on this? I think this could be the biggest thing in the Hawks favor. Especially in the trenches. We already know it will be with LOB and Denver's receiving corp. How will Seattle's physicality translate to the OL, DL & LB match ups?

skater18000

Reaction score
Football games are won up front. If we win in the trenches, we'll win this game. As for the passing game, as a player, I hated being jammed at the line of scrimmage. If we can beat up the receivers like we did last week we will dominate.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I wouldn't call the Broncos "finesse" just because they have a good offense, that's kind of an insult.

if you watched some of their games or SoundFX yesterday you'd realize that one of the reasons they've been so successful is that Demaryus Thomas is a big dude, and pushes small corners around and they just can't cover him. Same with the other Thomas on their team.

We all know how physical seattle is but 'finesse' just sounds weak to me. I think we match up well with Denver but they are good on O because Peyton has brains, not finesse.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2bp484bk said:
I wouldn't call the Broncos "finesse" just because they have a good offense, that's kind of an insult.

if you watched some of their games or SoundFX yesterday you'd realize that one of the reasons they've been so successful is that Demaryus Thomas is a big dude, and pushes small corners around and they just can't cover him. Same with the other Thomas on their team.

We all know how physical seattle is but 'finesse' just sounds weak to me. I think we match up well with Denver but they are good on O because Peyton has brains, not finesse.

After last weekend there were several stories talking about the Seahawks brand of physical football and how the Broncos and Partiots didn't play a physical game. I equate that style to a more finesse style of play. It was also mentioned that the Broncos were talking about trying to match the Seahawks physicality. If a team doesn't normally play that way won't it be difficult to try and flip that switch and won't it get them away from what they do well?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Defense:
I don't know but I want to see how bad these Broncos WR's/RB's/TE's want this game. I have watched some highlights on the broncos Wr's and it seems they just catch and run all day. No real fighting at the LOS for position or any real contested throws so I think the broncos have had it easy compared to the competition they would face in the NFC. I've seen analysts compare seattle's defense to kansas city which to me their is no comparision. Seattle has speed and physicality at every level of the defense to match or over match the broncos offense also who is the Kam Chancellor on Kansas city's defense because I want to see Kam do work against this offense and see who keeps coming back for more.

Offense:
I hear how Peyton Manning is going to run a up tempo offense and keep the hawks on the field but the flip side to that is if Manning puts together a quick three and out spells trouble for the broncos D. The way the Hawks offense plays it will wear the broncos out and down. Pound the rock with Beast Mode and the Bailey package early and often IMO this is not the 9ers front seven look what it did to them. Get Pot roast and the front seven sucking wind and never let up. It could be like the NCAA National tittle Auburn vs Florida st. game but with broncos D-lineman taking a knee on the sideline with oxygen in the fourth quarter but we have the Defense to keep them down.