Can someone with insider summarize this

Cartire

Reaction score
All 106 players left are ranked with a paragraph about each. I'll post the top 5, I'm sure the mods won't allow for anymore. RW is #8 FYI.

1. QB Peyton Manning -- Broncos
Completing 32 of 43 passes for 400 yards and two touchdowns in the AFC Championship Game only affirmed what we've seen from Manning all season. He had arguably the best season of any quarterback ever. He has to be No. 1 on the list. Now, will he still be the best player on the field when the wind picks up at MetLife Stadium? We'll

2. CB Richard Sherman -- Seahawks
With all due respect to Darrelle Revis and Patrick Peterson, Sherman has established himself as the most effective cornerback in the league. The 49ers rarely threw at him during the NFC Championship Game, and when they did, Sherman made them pay. Say what you wish about Sherman's bravado, but he is a building-block player -- smart, prepared and perfect for the scheme.

3. FS Earl Thomas -- Seahawks
There isn't another defensive player on either team who is more important to his coach's preferred scheme. Thomas' range allows Seattle to play all that press-man coverage on the outside. He is the new Ed Reed, but more physical. Manning has gotten away with throwing some ducks against replacement-level defenders for San Diego and New England. Some of those won't fly against Seattle, and Thomas is a big reason why.

4. RB Marshawn Lynch -- Seahawks
There isn't a more punishing runner in the game, but Lynch is also extremely elusive. Lynch looks better every time we see him. Lynch owns four of the six 100-yard rushing games against San Francisco over the past three seasons, counting playoffs. He delivers body blow after body blow and eventually takes over games. He did it against the Saints in the divisional round and changed the game with his 40-yard touchdown run against the 49ers. We could argue that Demaryius Thomas is a better player, but Lynch is so important to Seattle. He also affects the game more frequently through the number of touches he gets. Seattle might be lost without him.

5. WR Demaryius Thomas -- Broncos
Thomas was a project coming out of Georgia Tech, where they didn't really throw the ball. Tim Tebow was waiting for him when Thomas got to the Broncos. That made the transition more difficult, but Thomas has hit his stride. Manning has helped him tremendously, but we cannot say Thomas is just a product of his quarterback. He is a top-10 receiver and maybe top-five. He would be good for any team.

rsm650

Reaction score
6. Percy Harvin
7. Michael Bennett
8. Russell Wilson
9. Brandon Mebane
10. Kam Chancellor

We definitely owned the top 10.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
rsm650":a0y533xj said:
6. Percy Harvin
7. Michael Bennett
8. Russell Wilson
9. Brandon Mebane
10. Kam Chancellor

We definitely owned the top 10.
good to see mebane getting some love, dude's been underapreciated his whole career

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Baldwin should have been on there instead of Demarius Thomas. Thomas gets all those stats because they throw a lot more in Denver. Pro-rate Baldwins stats if his team threw as often and he'd be ahead of Thomas.

Penman96

Reaction score
No one in the top 10 from Denver's defense eh? This is a great list in companionship with Sando's "Defenses win more SuperBowls" article (another article I can't access at the moment)

amill87

Reaction score
Penman96":15knf680 said:
No one in the top 10 from Denver's defense eh? This is a great list in companionship with Sando's "Defenses win more SuperBowls" article (another article I can't access at the moment)

One step further, there are only two Broncos defenders in the top 30! (DRC and Knighton)

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Denver's defensive unit is well coached and plays well as a group, but in terms of talent they aren't very good.
They're a good defense but that's why I feel they can be had

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"Manning has gotten away with throwing some ducks against replacement-level defenders for San Diego and New England. Some of those won't fly against Seattle, and (Earl) Thomas is a big reason why."

This ^^^^

falcongoggles

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3mkdd45b said:
"Manning has gotten away with throwing some ducks against replacement-level defenders for San Diego and New England. Some of those won't fly against Seattle, and (Earl) Thomas is a big reason why."

This ^^^^

And so had Kaep and how did that work out?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3rmt1rfh said:
hawksfansinceday1":3rmt1rfh said:

This ^^^^

And so had Kaep and how did that work out?
Kaep has twice the arm as Peyton and half the smarts so do those things equal each other meaning Manning throws three "ducks" our guys pick off? Sure hoping............

falcongoggles

Reaction score
They will get their yards, but it is incredibly difficult to dink and dunk for four quarters. Seattle will enforce its will and like a boa squeezes the life out of its pray, Lynch and the D will squash the will to compete out of Denver.

My confidence for this game is three times higher than the 49ers.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
so 2 experts have us with 8 of the top 10 players in the game, and we're known for having the best depth in football all the way to our 53rd man. And Denver is favoured ? Please. Though don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to go in as underdogs

falcongoggles

Reaction score
12thManNorth":31pug7rg said:
so 2 experts have us with 8 of the top 10 players in the game, and we're known for having the best depth in football all the way to our 53rd man. And Denver is favoured ? Please. Though don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to go in as underdogs

You just summarized the whole season

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
12thManNorth":1xetcgf0 said:
You forget that Vegas book had us as a 2-point favorite when the line opened.

It's the uninformed betting public that loves Manning that made Seattle the dog in this game.

Using this spread in this game to predict the likelihood of victory is definitely misleading.