It's a good thing I watched the game

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The team won with hardly any passing and by beating up the other team.

I don't want sexy football, I want face smashing wins.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. We beat a 12-4 team who had a highly rated offense and defense and we did it in a way that limited risk. We were able to do it with running the ball and leaning on our historic defense.

I always wonder why people want us to pass more when we don't have to. Moreover, I always wonder why people are uncomfortabke leaning on our defense. That would be like the Broncos not leaning on Peyton Manning.

BWRyan

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":8ezpxfas said:
I was thinking the same thing. We beat a 12-4 team who had a highly rated offense and defense and we did it in a way that limited risk. We were able to do it with running the ball and leaning on our historic defense.

I always wonder why people want us to pass more when we don't have to. Moreover, I always wonder why people are uncomfortabke leaning on our defense. That would be like the Broncos not leaning on Peyton Manning.

My problem is, low scoring games open up the possibility of losing on a fluky, weird way, where the better team doesn't win. For example, that tipped interception that turned into a 50 yard pass. Weird crap happens, and I'd rather not be within spitting distance of the other team when it does.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Yes you can't please most people here anymore, used to be fun on here now all doom and gloom. I have noticed a lot of the posters from the past don't come around much more(I wonder why).

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
BWRyan":1mnk8g2t said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":1mnk8g2t said:

My problem is, low scoring games open up the possibility of losing on a fluky, weird way, where the better team doesn't win. For example, that tipped interception that turned into a 50 yard pass. Weird crap happens, and I'd rather not be within spitting distance of the other team when it does.

So you want your team to win every game by double digits or strive to be doing so if not already in said position. You are following the wrong coach.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
BWRyan":2b8t0olr said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":2b8t0olr said:

High scoring games do this too. That Broncos/Ravens game last year where Moore is way out of position and lets Jones tie the game up on a really bad pass by Flacco was high scoring.

I think that the low scoring games just aren't as much fun to watch. If you're slugging it out with another team and you're getting a lot of touchdowns: exciting. If you're just grinding it out, not so much.

Although I will say that long TD by Lynch was really exciting giving how much the grind had built up.

BWRyan

Reaction score
At the end of last year, we had the running game, D AND passing attack. That's what I want. This year the D is better, but the running game's dipped slightly and the passing game has gone to crap.

I WANT IT ALL.