We will not win pretty and it's by design.

mort

Reaction score
We're built to avoid the single point failure. And for that I am thankful and will enjoy the ride and not second guess everything we do.

....Amen,
Go hawks!

OP
OP
M

mort

Reaction score
Oh, and Wilson only cares about one stat... W's

oasis

Reaction score
Agreed. Remember when everybody blasted the seahawks for drafting some bum named bruce in the 1st round, another bum named wagned in the 2nd, and some nobody named wilson in the 3rd?

Who am I to question anything?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Carolina won almost all of their games in the same ugly fashion. Over on Webzone, there's an epic thread calling for OC Greg Roman to be fired for conservative play-calling. SEA, CAR and SF ranked #26, #29, and #30 in passing offense this year.

Guess which three teams are still standing in the NFC?

Wartooth

Reaction score
85' Bears...I can't believe nobody see's the comparison.
Defense wins Championships!

irocdave

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks todays passing performance will get the Hawks to the SB needs to be evaluated. If we see the same performance from RW next weekend we will all be very disappointed in the outcome. BTW, we don't have the 85 Bears D, the current NFL rules do not allow for that type of play anymore. You need some type of offensive to get to and win the SB. From what we have seen over the last couple of months from the Hawks passing game we will be fortunate to get to the SB.

sturg78

Reaction score
Last couple of months we went 13-3 against some legit teams. 23 points will win us most games, and it just won us this one against one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Polaris

Reaction score
With our defense, if you tell me that we score over 20 points, then I tell you that we win an overwhelmingly high percentage of the time (near 100%). That said, I would like to see some improvement on offense, but in the playoffs, it's all about the "Ws"

Polaris

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3q8yx7tl said:
MysterMatt":3q8yx7tl said:
Right. We keep things close on purpose.

We avoid mistakes and turnovers on purpose.

This. By halftime, I knew that as long as we didn't turn the ball over, or otherwise make stupid mistakes, we'd win because the Saints were able to do nothing.

Apparently the coaching staff felt this way too which made for some damn unimpressive and frankly dull football and as a result we some some pretty darned umpressive offensive plays. I also think the weather played a role in this as well.

As for the Saints, they were playing conservative too until midway in the third qtr. Then Sean Payton realized that they were out of time, and had to take chances (the fact he kept going for it on fourth down is a prime indicator of this).

Unfortunately for Seattle, the Saints got incredibly lucky during that fourth qtr. So the Saints had to roll the dice, and the Saints kept getting lucky. This happens and too often it's deadly to the 'better' team. Seattle was able to survive it.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
DavidSeven":sma3q6lk said:
MysterMatt":sma3q6lk said:

So if the offensive strategy is to not make mistakes instead of taking control and dictating our will, then we have a losing strategy. Stop being an apologist for mediocrity.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
MysterMatt":7vrgbzpy said:
DavidSeven":7vrgbzpy said:
MysterMatt":7vrgbzpy said:

So if the offensive strategy is to not make mistakes instead of taking control and dictating our will, then we have a losing strategy. Stop being an apologist for mediocrity.

We have a losing strategy? There will be 28 teams sitting at home next week. And none of them are us.

Our will is dictated by our defense. Our defense relies on the offense not making costly mistakes (please see: Indianapolis/New England game for an example).

Seahawk79

Reaction score
DavidSeven":8whhp0h9 said:
MysterMatt":8whhp0h9 said:
DavidSeven":8whhp0h9 said:
MysterMatt":8whhp0h9 said:

We have a losing strategy? There will be 28 teams sitting at home next week. And none of them are us.

Our will is dictated by our defense. Our defense relies on the offense not making costly mistakes (please see: Indianapolis/New England game for an example).

I completely agree with everything you said, except I don't care what the reason is when it comes to a QB playing like RW the last 5 games. He's had a helluva year, so there's no debate from me overall he was great.

That being said, it's alarming to the eye if you struggle to pass some games when there are wide open guys deep and you can't top 150 yards and 1 TD with regularity. With the amount of takeaways and 3 and outs this defense gets coupled with where the O takes over, we are lacking in the scoring department in a mighty way. It's worked so far yes, but anyone who has a reason/excuse for the last 5 or so games by RW is only kidding themselves.

It's perfectly fine to realize how good he is and could be, but understand he needs to improve mightily at times too. At least he's due for a breakout game soon, which right now would be over 200 yards and a couple TD's. Another win and another week to get it going, go Hawks!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1o8ccl6y said:
DavidSeven":1o8ccl6y said:
MysterMatt":1o8ccl6y said:

Best record in the NFC and going to the conference title game are mediocrity?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1v62w88r said:
DavidSeven":1v62w88r said:
MysterMatt":1v62w88r said:

No. We're one game away from the Superbowl with a 16-1 record at home. Go bag on New England already since they basically copied our formula and it worked fine for them it seems.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1dg50nem said:
DavidSeven":1dg50nem said:
MysterMatt":1dg50nem said:

No.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Our defense averages 14.4 points per game, all we need to do is score 20 which we do with regularity (26.1 ppg)

In comparison, san francisco allows 17 ppg and scores 25.4 ppg

carolina allows 15.1 ppg and scores 22.9 ppg

This is Pete's game plan, great defense, great running game to keep the opposing offense off of the field, and play mistake free offensive football. Pete has a plan and it's a good one.

- Russell didn't have that great of a game, but he was following his coach's instructions to "protect the ball" which means don't take chances.

- Our wide receivers are okay but we need some improvement there.

- The weather yesterday was very bad with wind gusts up to 30 MPH with a wet ball which means accuracy is going to be tough to come by.

- The footing was a bit sloppy, possibly making it hard to make sharp cuts.

- If not for a few odd moments, it could have been a much bigger score for our Seahawks.

- I think the Breno hold was ticky tack and only called because of the recent letter sent out to call the game closer

- That "almost intercepted" pass that went right to the Saints wide receiver...

- The head shot on Percy

- The hard hit by 3 people colliding with Golden on his first catch limiting our best receiver.

- An onside kick with the ball bouncing off of Tate? How often does that happen?

- AND with our red zone passing struggles, just keep running the ball in there damnit! If you're going to fail at getting a TD in the RZ, at least beat the crap out of the other team and go with Beast Mode!