Win out and we are in the playoffs!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm f'in stoked over that win, and proud of it. It's not a "bandwagon"
It's pulling for you team, thru thick and thin. In what has been a very frustrating season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
At this point if I was betting I think they do win out and I'll be pumped about it. I think long term that could just extend the problems I still think this team has in getting over the next hump but I'll enjoy it while its happening for sure.

Wheetie

Reaction score
I ran all kind of scenarios thru the Playoff machine. Bottomline, win out and we are in.
There was even a scenario where we can lose to Cardinals and still get in.
Nope. Seahawks currently in the 8th seed. If the Rams and Vikings both win out also, Seahawks are not in the playoffs.

Wheetie

Reaction score
I'm approaching our Monday win with sort of a raised eyebrows approach. Yes, we got a solid win Monday, played great down the stretch, finally won a game we should have lost instead of losing one we should have won. We have the inside track to a playoff seed as our schedule gets a lot easier in our last 3 games.

But are we looking at fool's gold again? Is this just another mediocre Pete Carroll product? I've been tricked way too many times into thinking that we have a competitive team, so please excuse me if I have just one foot on the banbandwagon
I'm just wondering if benching Adams will be the catalyst for renewed enthusiasm both on the Defenae and in the locker room, which after Monday's big win, could catapult this team into an unexpected late season charge. If they can get in, and have a relatively healthy roster including the RBs and defensive backfield, I think they can compete even with the '9ers.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if benching Adams will be the catalyst for renewed enthusiasm both on the Defenae and in the locker room, which after Monday's big win, could catapult this team into an unexpected late season charge. If they can get in, and have a relatively healthy roster including the RBs and defensive backfield, I think they can compete even with the '9ers.
That's a definite possibility. While none of us are privy to the locker room dynamics, Adams could have been poisonous, especially with this last distraction of him insulting an innocent young lady, that the other players could have been just as turned off as many of us were. There's also the issue of his pay, that it could produce a certain amount of jealousy, especially since he hasn't been producing.

I don't see this 'renewed enthusiasm' as being significant enough to get us over the Niners, who are at this point the deepest and most talented team in the league. But I'll be watching. I've been wrong before.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Expecting a team that isn't great, to be great, might be your problem?
You can expect a team that has proven to be great, to be great. You can't expect a team that hasn't proven it, to be it.
That's fine but it's what leads to people making calls for changes. If a team isn't great but the coach keeps thinking it's great, there's a disconnect.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Those who grumble about being a consistent playoff team that gets bounced early should realize there are many fan bases that want desperately to even make the playoffs.

Yeah...those are loser franchises which a bunch of people here seek more out of this franchise, even if it means losing seasons. The salary cap is designed that teams can't maintain TOP level success once they pay their best players (usually QB). I think Mahomes is truly the first QB to get paid top QB money and still win a chip after his payday in what the last 2 decades? Tom Brady took paycuts (because unlike others he was willing to do what it takes to WIN for the team vs his wallet..that being said I don't fault people for looking after themselves, its human nature). Remember the Bengals making it to like 10 Playoffs in a row and not getting very far....only when they shook things up did they finally start going deeper.

Its not that a win is horrible or making the playoffs is horrible, but the issue is the sustained B level success is going to just follow the same path when clearly that is the ceiling. Others (like myself) are willing to take the loss to get BACK to the A level success. The issue is unless the owner of the team is deeply invested in championships, the owner is not going to make a change until their pocket books start getting hit...that's the reason why others like myself see the double edged sword of making playoffs and wins with a B-grade team.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Its not that a win is horrible or making the playoffs is horrible, but the issue is the sustained B level success is going to just follow the same path when clearly that is the ceiling. Others (like myself) are willing to take the loss to get BACK to the A level success. The issue is unless the owner of the team is deeply invested in championships, the owner is not going to make a change until their pocket books start getting hit...that's the reason why others like myself see the double edged sword of making playoffs and wins with a B-grade team.
^this

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Nope. Seahawks currently in the 8th seed. If the Rams and Vikings both win out also, Seahawks are not in the playoffs.
There is even one scenario where Seahawks, Vikings, and Rams all get in if they all win out and the Lions lose out.

There are countless scenarios.

The one main point is: We got to win every game and we are in.

The chances of all the stars aligning and unicorns fly over the rainbow which causes the Seahawks to win out and not get in...

Is less than 1%.

Wheetie

Reaction score
There is even one scenario where Seahawks, Vikings, and Rams all get in if they all win out and the Lions lose out.

The chances of all the stars aligning and unicorns fly over the rainbow which causes the Seahawks to win out and not get in...

Is less than 1%.
I'll feel a whole lot more confident if they beat the Titans.

PhxPhin

Reaction score

Is less than 1%.

Yep.

Right now the tiebreakers going against Seattle wouldn't shift if they win out and the Rams & Vikings win out.

The Vikings would still have the better conference record as all 3 of their games are against NFC opponents

Since 2 of those games are against the Lions, if they win out it would put them at 10 wins. If the Lions lost those 2 to the Vikes and also lose to Dallas, they would be at 10 wins

The division goes to MN at that point and Seattle would hold the tiebreaker over Detroit if both are on 10 wins - it's why they needed a Seattle loss this week to clinch a playoff spot

Maulbert

Reaction score
Go use a playoff machine. I've ran it through multiple machines with a ton of different scenarios. Maulbert is saying the same thing

There is one on espn and new York times. If the Seahawks win out they have a 99% probability to get in but it's not 100.

If the Seahawks win out but the vikings and Rams also win out, along with Detroit beating Dallas in Week 17, Seattle is out.

It's incredibly unlikely for that exact scenario to go down, but it is a mathematical and indisputable fact. If 710 said that they were wrong. I encourage you to go run some playoff sims yourself
Yep. I do think it's very likely we get in if we run the table, I just don't think the Vikings will beat the Lions twice.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The Eagles!? PLEASE LORD GOD GIVE US THE EAGLES IN THE PLAYOFFS!

If the Hawks get to the playoffs you're travelling to Philly playing a team that is SUPER hungry for revenge. Honestly I'd rather play the Niners if that's the what-if scenario. In that case the Hawks are the ones thirsting for their revenge game after 5 straight and mostly embarrassing losses and the Niners are the ones at home with SOME potential of their players being over confident going into the game. Plus its a nothing to lose game everyone and their mother will expect the Hawks to be dominated that game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That is quite literally the definition of “bandwagon” fan…why not make it the SB before you get on board?
Let's get something straight. I watch every single Seahawk game to its conclusion, rooting for us to win each and every game even when we've been eliminated from the playoffs and have done so since the get go in 1976. The difference is that there are times that I'm not as excited about our prospects as others, that I fully expect us to lose. If that makes me a bandwagon fan, then so be it.

Besides, why would you care if someone else is a bandwagon fan or not?