On to the NFC championship, but how crazy was your day?

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
We woke up this morning to thunder and then heavy hail bouncing off the windows... then big wind and heavy rain. The whole yard was white with accumulated hail. Came downstairs, made a cup of coffee, turned on NFL network and watched the pregame. My wife and son are sick with the flu, so got them situated on the couches with blankets, water, cold medicine. We settle in and right before the game started, snap... power goes out! What the...

So find the flashlight and dig the generator out of the garage and luckily had some gas in the gas can (with some fuel additive in). It required a few extra pull starts on the starting cord but it eventually fired up. So we run an extension cord through the dog door and plugged in the TV, Cable box (and of course had to plug my recliner in since it is electric powered). You can't watch a game in a recliner that doesn't recline.

TV fires up and at last we have football! Woo Hoo! Put together some snacks, and a few moments later, we get the loud shriek of an alarm. What the...? well it's not the smoke detector, but the carbon Monoxide detector. Oops, generator is a little too close to he dog door I guess, (glad we had that alarm). Ok, I better head back outside and move the generator a little farther away.

Back to my chair and recline back using generator power and the game starts. I was feeling pretty good finally and for the first three quarters, but after that it was a rough ride. I am normally a one or two beer guy just to keep the blood pressure level during a game, but today was a 5 Hefeweizen day. Damn it was a nail biter, but I will happily take the win and get ready for next week.

Way to go 12th man, Lynch and the defense. But kind of hoping the defense takes Bevel out behind the woodshed tomorrow and has a "talk" about getting fired up, having a better game plan for next week and completing some passes. But I'm still thrilled.

Power is back on and generator still at the ready, but I'm exhausted

Go Hawks!

rpmischris

Reaction score
woke up to horrible weather and a kink in my neck. Ate some food and played some forza 5 on my xbox one. Watched the game. Cursed at Bevell. Cursed at the Saints for all the cheap shots on Harvin. Ate some chicken strips. Watched more of the game.

OP
OP
BobinLaConner

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe Jimmy Graham would sign in and respond to this thread...

"my day was just horrible, I started out by trash talking Bruce Irvin and telling him how I was going to run all over him. Then the damn hawks defense kicked my butt all over the field and I didn't even get a single catch. We lost the game and are knocked out of the playoffs and now we get to go back to New Orleans . Even worse, Bennett said in his post game interview that I was overrated. "

OrFan

Reaction score
Good survival skills, football survival skills that is!

OP
OP
BobinLaConner

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
funny thing is, we bought the generator for the 2006 superbowl when the Hawks were in it and the weather prediction was storms and high winds. Didn't need it then, but sure did today.