The What's Wrong With Bevell Thread

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Marshawn lynch is not a sweep RB, stop with those!!!!

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
HawkGANG":ih10vww8 said:

This I can agree with. The Seahawks three one slant and it went from a first down. The Seahawks threw one time to the TE and it went from a first down.

Since it wasn't working :sarcasm_off: they should abandon it

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Stop calling bootlegs, defenses have figured it out and Russell either has to throw it away or get sacked.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'll bite, are we gonna run anything besides a slant

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Same Stuff I Said Was WRong After Houston And GOt Flamed Over

SeatownJay

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2xhi6qr9 said:
HawkGANG":2xhi6qr9 said:

This I can agree with. The Seahawks three one slant and it went from a first down.
Seattle ran several slants today, only one was completed. The rest were either dropped or bad throws by Wilson.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
If Bevell was forced to scheme against the Seahawks defense it might be the first game in history where an offense finished with negative points. There is just zero creativity in our game plans right now. The offense isn't even vanilla, it's flavorless like lukewarm tap water.

The worst part of this is that Bevell has coordinated himself out of a head coaching position the last five weeks, so we get to enjoy more three and outs next season.

And please don't suggest his incompetence was due to the inclement weather or being up by 16 or the loss of Harvin. This is a string of lousy performances. No more excuses.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hate him.

I hate everything about him.

I hate his favorite color and I don't even know what it is.

But I am sure it would suck and probably depend on the defense to make it better.

I want someone to hire him but at the same time I feel sorry for them. I wouldn't give him a job as a janitor.

The best thing for our team that can possibly happen is that he gets cholera from eating his own cr*p.

Seriously. A 15 year old playing Madden while hopped up on Adderall can call better plays than he does.

Never seen someone squander weapons and resources like he does. Ask the Vikings all about it.

ariel9302

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3813g14q said:
If Bevell was forced to scheme against the Seahawks defense it might be the first game in history where an offense finished with negative points. There is just zero creativity in our game plans right now. The offense isn't even vanilla, it's flavorless like lukewarm tap water.

The worst part of this is that Bevell has coordinated himself out of a head coaching position the last five weeks, so we get to enjoy more three and outs next season.

And please don't suggest his incompetence was due to the inclement weather or being up by 16 or the loss of Harvin. This is a string of lousy performances. No more excuses.

wow, i wish we could drink a beer right now. :thirishdrinkers: :13:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":37o218de said:

Do you mean just this game or in general? Because I think more slants were ran today than the whole season combined.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We lost a lot of the offense when Rice went down. We opened it up again with Percy but as soon as he got dinged Bevel dropped things back in four wheel low.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
davidonmi":1wwvra0p said:
this is hilarious..
a few weeks ago many of us were calling for Bevell for not calling any short passes.

I'm not saying Bevell is a great playcaller, but he is probably just adhering to the gameplan that Pete wants....Pound the run game and play suffocating defense...which we succeeded at today (and it worked).

hinton

Reaction score
The only thing thats frustrating me the the lack of the i formation. It seems like we have replaced it with sweep plays which basically never work.

And any kinda success with quick slants for 3-5 yards would be appreciated.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Pete admitted in his press conference that the Seahawks wanted to be very "precise and sound" in the second half. Reading between the lines I'm interpreting him as saying playing vanilla schemes and not turning the ball over. Incredibly frustrating.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I have no problem with the slant play, but when it doesn't work like 8 times in a row....

Sort of like Saints running screens today. They couldn't help themselves.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1vss3h7q said:
Pete admitted in his press conference that the Seahawks wanted to be very "precise and sound" in the second half. Reading between the lines I'm interpreting him as saying playing vanilla schemes and not turning the ball over. Incredibly frustrating.
yep... like not going for that 4th and inches.

davidonmi

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":2aupzrif said:
davidonmi":2aupzrif said:
this is hilarious..
a few weeks ago many of us were calling for Bevell for not calling any short passes.

I'm not saying Bevell is a great playcaller, but he is probably just adhering to the gameplan that Pete wants....Pound the run game and play suffocating <span class="b5ves4p" id="b5ves4p_6">defense</span>...which we succeeded at today (and it worked).
HunnyBadger said:
people wanted to run short passes when the Oline couldn't protect. Now they can, slants clearly weren't working today, so run them over and over again cause we wanted them 5 weeks ago? Bevell is payed to adjust and change what isn't working