The What's Wrong With Bevell Thread

Shock2k

Reaction score
Hmm. I know specifically on 2 slants it didn't work because the pass was behind the receiver. If you can't pass protect, you need to use those slants and crosses to keep linebackers honest.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
davidonmi":eh7ym5t8 said:
HunnyBadger":eh7ym5t8 said:
davidonmi":eh7ym5t8 said:
I'll bite, are we gonna run anything besides a slant
this is hilarious..
a few weeks ago many of us were calling for Bevell for not calling any short passes.

I'm not saying Bevell is a great playcaller, but he is probably just adhering to the gameplan that Pete wants....Pound the run game and play suffocating <span class="b5ves4p" id="b5ves4p_6">defense</span>...which we succeeded at today (and it worked).
HunnyBadger":eh7ym5t8 said:
people wanted to run short passes when the Oline couldn't protect. Now they can, slants clearly weren't working today, so run them over and over again cause we wanted them 5 weeks ago? Bevell is payed to adjust and change what isn't working
from my recollection without rewatching the dvr, those slants were open for the taking. some were not executed correctly because of RW throwing behind, some were on target but dropped.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As one of his biggest critics, I am tired about talking about "he who should remain nameless" and I'm sure folks are tired of hearing my rants. I am hoping for a miracle that he pulls his head out next week and hopefully in the superbowl. Harvin playing next week will seriously increase odds of better playcalling. Ok, I'm done with the subject and going to enjoy the win by getting a bite to eat, playing some poker and having an adult beverage or two. :)
Good job today 12's :)

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I think he is a great architect of plays, and a idiot play caller. He does not adjust to the game being played. His understanding of game clock management is that of a 2 year old child. The receiver routes are too deep almost every pass play. He forgets that we have tight ends on third down. His love for the empty backfield on third and short makes me puke in my mouth. Bevell doesn't exploit weaknesses of a defense, he tries to exploit the strength of the defense with plays that obviously won't work. He takes one of the most physical downhill running backs in football, and runs him sideways. Make no mistake he is the weakness of this team and needs to be shown the door. If we lose on the way to the superbowl it will be because of him. Other hawk fans may say that players are at fault for playing poorly, I say you can't pound a square peg into a round hole no matter the effort.

aawolf

Reaction score
I heard RW in his press conference say that in the third quarter, they played ultra conservative because they were playing into the wind with a big lead and knew they could make fist down in the third if needed. It was overly conservative in my opinion watching the game from my couch, but I understand the mentality.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
When Bevell leaves, it should be fun to see who is the primary recipient of so much negative emotion.

keasley45

Reaction score
bmorepunk":246962w0 said:
When Bevell leaves, it should be fun to see who is the primary recipient of so much negative emotion.

if the person who replaces him is as incompetent as he is, then it will be him. i think we are a once in a generation / decade type of team otherwise.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Bevell sucks. Go to the browns, sign tjack instead of drafting a solid qb for the future and all will be right with the nfl world. Fade away.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Montana is right, we'll be crying when bevell leaves us behind. Another great game against the saints and the offense gets no credit. Pathetic.

hawk45

Reaction score
aawolf":2ssc682z said:
I heard RW in his press conference say that in the third quarter, they played ultra conservative because they were playing into the wind with a big lead and knew they could make fist down in the third if needed. It was overly conservative in my opinion watching the game from my couch, but I understand the mentality.

Yeah, this. I thought it was a good strategy for the majority of the game where weather was crazy and we had a 16 pt lead.

We opened it up, relatively speaking, when the Saints pulled within 8, and Russell (and Baldy) made the one play they needed to make.

The Outfield

Reaction score
We should stop making these threads about Bevell stinking. His potential future employers might run across it.

keasley45

Reaction score
hawk45":31240gay said:
aawolf":31240gay said:

Yeah, this. I thought it was a good strategy for the majority of the game where weather was crazy and we had a 16 pt lead.

We opened it up, relatively speaking, when the Saints pulled within 8, and Russell (and Baldy) made the one play they needed to make.

you can be conservative without being predictable. you can be conservative AND be creative. you can be conservative and still manage to do better than 3 and out. And this team is going to learn the hard way that you cant just get up by 2 TD and just let off the gas. We had the saints demoralized and i'd say on the verge of giving in like they did 5 weeks ago and because we played it safe, they stuck around. Same thing happened against AZ.

hawk45

Reaction score
Keasley I agree with you about AZ, I was specifically speaking about today in these conditions. You're correct that this isn't going to fly or be defensible with different weather and a team that is shutting our run down more like a SF or CAR.

BlueOne

Reaction score
All I know is I almost break my remote every time I see Lynch split out at WR and I guess our playcall a ridiculous portion of the time. Also we underuse our TEs in the middle of the field to a ridiculous degree, Miller is a good pass catcher I can't understand how we never get him the ball.

hawk45

Reaction score
I will say I could go a long long time without ever seeing a wide run by Lynch and be perfectly happy. Up the middle, or those off-tackle runs that he cuts back work just fine.

And empty backfield needs to die.

Donn2390

Reaction score
The Outfield":3fb2l1fb said:
We should stop making these threads about Bevell stinking. His potential future employers might run across it.
I think any potential future employers for Bevell are a lot smarter than those who complain in here because we aren't scoring 50 points a game. The game was played as planned, we won. Bevell is fine...
Find something else to complain about

SeatownJay

Reaction score
One more thing I'd like to point out. In the first game against New Orleans, Wilson targeted tight ends 9 times. Today he targeted them once.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Donn2390":3kmavlqy said:
The Outfield":3kmavlqy said:
I think any potential future employers for Bevell are a lot smarter than those who complain in here because we aren't scoring 50 points a game. The game was played as planned, we won. Bevell is fine...
Find something else to complain about

I'm not going to complain about how much we score but I am going to complain about clock management and long developing plays on third and short, or empty backfield on third and short. Any future employers are going to be very disappointed when they find out what a clown of a play caller Bevell is. During this great season, Bevell's ineptness is the only thing to complain about.

Latest posts