Don't Forget TJ!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"Everybody is looking for Russell to take us to the Super Bowl and win the Super Bowl. So, if my chance comes or my opportunity knocks, you know, I want to make sure I'm ready. You have to stay ready, because at any point in time - one play - you could be in there and you could be the starter." - Tarvaris Jackson

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2429136/Backu ... ams-bigger

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I sincerely hope we don't need him to come in, but glad he's ready and willing to do what needs to be be done....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I love TJ, but also would really prefer he doesn't set foot under center until camp :)

Seeker

Reaction score
Tjack throwing the game winning touchdown to Baldwin in the superbowl would be such sweet poetry.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seeker":1qvlgp9d said:
Tjack throwing the game winning touchdown to Baldwin in the superbowl would be such sweet poetry.

Maybe the 3rd game winning TD to push our lead to +27.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I have to say I was probably his biggest critic in 2011 but he has really changed the way I see him. I really believe that year in Buffalo really helped him. A little time away from the system and a chance to see how bad it can get elsewhere.

I wasn't crazy even about bringing him in as a back up and kind of hoped the Mormon (forgot his name) would beat him out because I thought maybe he could still be developed and Jackson had reached his ceiling.

I am glad to say I was wrong about him. What I seen him do in every opportunity he has had since being back has made me believe he has turned that corner and is finally in command of his ability. He has been so much more fluid that I have ever seen him this year. When he has had his chances he has absolutely made the best of them and I now believe he is one of the best back ups in the league, if not the best and likely a better strater than a good portion of the guys that are out there starting now.

I am glad guys like Jacksonfan and the like are not around anymore. I think if those guys knew the amount of disdain they created for him they probably would have never written a post.

Unfortunately we only signed him to a one year deal and that means even if he didn't get starter offers (and I think he will) he will definitely get top dollar offers to be a back up. With our cap situation I don't see how we will be able to afford him and now I think that is unfortunate. I have really grown to respect him as a player, team mate and QB. I wish we could keep him around just not at the cost of losing Tate, Bennett or McCoy.

irocdave

Reaction score
If RW is injured I don't think the drop off will be massive. Even when he was injured and was starting games Jackson tossed a great deep ball and seems to have more velocity on passes than RW. IF the Hawks need to rely on Jackson in this years playoffs I would still feel confident about winning the game. This team wins because of the defense, period. If the D gives up 30+ the Hawks wont win no matter who is under center. Face it, the Hawks offense hasn't been above average this year and RW is a major part of the O.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
irocdave":2lb8dbbi said:
If RW is injured I don't think the drop off will be massive. Even when he was injured and was starting games Jackson tossed a great deep ball and seems to have more velocity on passes than RW. IF the Hawks need to rely on Jackson in this years playoffs I would still feel confident about winning the game. This team wins because of the defense, period. If the D gives up 30+ the Hawks wont win no matter who is under center. Face it, the Hawks offense hasn't been above average this year and RW is a major part of the O.

I like you.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2i8u7ky4 said:
I love TJ, but also would really prefer he doesn't set foot under center until camp :)

I have been thinking about this too. Just like the good old day of 2011.
Jackson to Baldwin!

minormillikin

Reaction score
TJack, since healing from the pectoral injury, is really providing the clipboard with a sturdy grip.

I've been analyzing the all-24 (extra cameras only show sidelines), and I don't think even Charlie Whitehurst has ever had a better clipboard-holding season.