Temp Check - How you feeling?

HawkStar3

Reaction score
Sitting here with a nervous feeling in my stomach. Waiting.
Saturday is a ways off still and I am already quite nervous for the game. Not the kind of nervous like I think we are going to lose. The kind of nervous when you anticipate something BIG.

I thought it would be interesting to get a feel for the board. Anyone else nervous already?

On a scale of one to I cant sleep at night and Im freaking out...
I am about a 7.5 already.
:49ersmall:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I'm strangely confident, which is unsettling since it's completely outside of my nature to be pessimistic. The Hawks should win, but if they don't then I can't do anything about it and just have to start playing my new copy of Madden 25 for my football fix. The best I can do is enjoy the win, and they should, by all means. If the worst happens....Serenity Now.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I am cautiously optimistic also. Hard not to have that little voice in the head that says do not get over confident. I still think this is a good match up for the Hawks and they should take care of business.

OP
OP
HawkStar3

HawkStar3

Reaction score
chihawk":36dj1v3r said:
I'm in Chicago so I'm pretty cold.

I'm not too far from ya in Wisconsin.. and I feel ya.
Cold doesnt describe the feeling when I scraped the windows on my truck last night.
It was painful!! Stay warm.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm actually more confident of this game than any other all season.

The season wins were a means to THIS! This is what it's all about. One game. It's what we lived for all year. BUT... BUT!
The stakes and immensly higher. It's win or die!! This is OUR TIME! It's been a taste in our mouths since mid-way in 2012, we missed out last year.

This is like the 78/79 Sonics, the year before we came close... this time we are at the threshold of the BIG GAMES again... but we are so so much better!!

Soak it in boys and girls... aaaahhhhh, I'm friggin' lovin' this!!!

OP
OP
HawkStar3

HawkStar3

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":2atzuivj said:
I am cautiously optimistic also. Hard not to have that little voice in the head that says do not get over confident. I still think this is a good match up for the Hawks and they should take care of business.

I have a buddy at work that is a closet Hawks fan. He insists that the hawks win BIG.
He is so confident that if they win by less than 14 he is buying me lunch.

I am trying to be that voice of reason. Hawks win... but, Im nervous.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am just as nervous as I always am during a Hawks playoff game. it's one and done so how can you not be nervous? - there is no tomorrow if you lose.

I feel the Hawks have everything in their favor - playing at home, already destroyed the Saints, two week rest, Harvin possibly back, Saints defense banged up, etc... Truthfully if the Hawks lose this week I will be more disgusted than disappointed.

If they lost a tough NFC Champ or SB that would be devastating - but if they lose this game to the Saints it would just be inexcusable.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'm confident in the team.
I think we'll see some different stuff from the offense if 11 actually plays!
You know the defense is champing at the bit!
Can't hardly wait for the game!
Go Hawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Always nervous before a game, but confidence wise, I feel very confident. Hawks are the better team, plain and simple. They are rested, will be fired up, etc. I expect a closer game this time though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Confident, but with a hint of anxiousness.

The problem (and it's a good problem to have) is this is the first time in my life that the expectations of this team is Super Bowl or bust, and not just SB, but WIN the SB. So the anxiety is anything short of that will be seen as disappointing season. Like I said, a good problem to have because that means we have a GREAT team. But the downside is anything short will not sit well with us the entire off season.

IndianaHawkFan3

Reaction score
Welllll....BRRRRRRRRR in South Bend, Indiana! -7 degrees with a wind chill of -36 :thirishdrinkers: Love it when the nose hairs freeze the second you walk outside! :th2thumbs: Loved we get the Aints again this week. :0190l: Was rooting hard for the Packers back here to defeat the dreaded :49ersmall: Feeeling Great for Saturday! :thfight7: "Go Hawks!!!!! :snack: Watching with the fire-place going!!!!

grizbob

Reaction score
:0190l: :180670: :0190l: :180670: :thirishdrinkers: :180670: :3: :180670: :mrgreen: :180670:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I have complete faith in our defense to keep us in this game, it's the offense that scares me. Our receivers dropping balls, Wilson holding the ball too long, Bevell trying to get cute--these scenes will probably haunt me all week. We ARE the better team, we SHOULD win, and yet...

So, nervous, I guess.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
If we lose this game I will freak the F out... This team has put in too much work to gain HFA to blow it on the first playoff game.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkStar3":3oprjigg said:
chihawk":3oprjigg said:
I'm in Chicago so I'm pretty cold.

I'm not too far from ya in Wisconsin.. and I feel ya.
Cold doesnt describe the feeling when I scraped the windows on my truck last night.
It was painful!! Stay warm.

I'm in Montana where we've already had days that are -30 or so below with wind chills. Of course, we never make the news when it's that cold...life just goes on normally.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Relaxed, the weather's nice, (about 15F), the days are getting longer, and I don't think New Orleans has what it takes to beat us at home. I expect a 10 point plus win this Saturday.

Russell Wilson is our Quarterback. Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner are the defensive QBs. I'm loving life and relaxed. :icon_jig:

AND, it's a Saturday game which will be cool because the only thing to focus on is our game, we won't know who we might play until 24 hours later. BUT the NFC teams on Sunday will know that they have to come to Seattle and will be very depressed. :th2thumbs:

Latest posts