Temp Check - How you feeling?

JonRud

Reaction score
This makes me feel confident:

The past 4 games the Hawks played 4 teams I would consider very physical - 49ers, Giants, Cards, Rams. Record was 2-2 and we outscored the opponents 77-45.

In the 3 games before that we played 3 teams I would consider 'soft' - Falcons, Vikings and Saints. Record 3-0 and outscored oponents 108-37.

In order to beat the Hawks you have to be physical and punch back, but against a softer/weaker team you just get dominated.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am nervous for every playoff game. Just that worry in the pit of my stomach that the team will not play to their potential.

Happens every year we're in the playoffs. I wish I could look forward and know the outcome so I could just enjoy the game. But I can't stand to not watch it live.

Hawks46

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3d1o4kzs said:
I'm strangely confident, which is unsettling since it's completely outside of my nature to be pessimistic. The Hawks should win, but if they don't then I can't do anything about it and just have to start playing my new copy of Madden 25 for my football fix. The best I can do is enjoy the win, and they should, by all means. If the worst happens....Serenity Now.

I'm with you, minus the serenity if we lose. I think this is the best opportunity we've ever seen to win a championship as Seahawks fans. The combination of our team, the cold weather Superbowl, and a weaker AFC all point toward once in a generation chance at this thing.

I am confident about the Saints though. We're good at close games, we're better at home, we win the vast majority of individual matchups, and we're pretty healthy and they're a bit dinged.

I just hope they come out and play with a chip on their shoulder.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":20bfw25s said:
I am cautiously optimistic also. Hard not to have that little voice in the head that says do not get over confident. I still think this is a good match up for the Hawks and they should take care of business.
This describes how I feel as well.

13thMan

Reaction score
Hoping for a W but fearing a letdown.... That could be simply the result of the past, but also, this team is sort of "stumbling" into the playoffs... RW's last 4 games is what really has me worried. I will just be happy with a win, no matter how ugly, etc...

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I have the flu, I feel like absolute garbage.

Need to get over this so I can cheer for my boys at full strength. Been drinking plenty of tea and eating mad fruit, hopefully that will combat this virus crap.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
13thMan":17bfiijh said:
Hoping for a W but fearing a letdown.... That could be simply the result of the past, but also, this team is sort of "stumbling" into the playoffs... RW's last 4 games is what really has me worried. I will just be happy with a win, no matter how ugly, etc...

I wouldn't call two convincing wins against the Giants and Rams, and two close losses to division opponents with physical defenses that were desperate and jacked up to beat us "stumbling."

Like I've said in other threads I think the Saints are a good playoff matchup for our offense to finally breakout........and if Harvin plays like we think he will? Gives me even more confidence.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
We have the better D. We have the better run game, although the Saints run game looked better last couple games. The Saints still struggle to win on the road. Brees still threw two picks last week. We are at home. We finished 13-3 and destroyed the Saints six weeks ago because we are the better team and they struggle to win on the road.

Only reason we do not win would be a meltdown on our part or really poor coaching and schemes. I cannot see that happening, but I am still anxious as all get out.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm my same ole pessimistic self. Seeing the home teams go 1-3 this past weekend really is what did it to me. Also the fact that its hard to beat any team twice in a season doesn't make me feel great either.

13thMan

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3lbaklbp said:
I'm my same ole pessimistic self. Seeing the home teams go 1-3 this past weekend really is what did it to me. Also the fact that its hard to beat any team twice in a season doesn't make me feel great either.

Good post... honestly, until I read this, it didn't even occur to me that road teams did the damage this past weekend...

As far as beating a team twice in the same season, don't go there! Reminds me of Jets vs. Pats a couple years ago... Pats destroyed the Jets in the regular season and then promptly lost at home as huge favorites to a Mark Sanchez led Jets team..... Ugh.

Stomach is turning...

13thMan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3l3g0iig said:
13thMan":3l3g0iig said:

I wouldn't call two convincing wins against the Giants and Rams, and two close losses to division opponents with physical defenses that were desperate and jacked up to beat us "stumbling."

Like I've said in other threads I think the Saints are a good playoff matchup for our offense to finally breakout........and if Harvin plays like we think he will? Gives me even more confidence.

To be fair, our local highschool team could've beat this years Giants and the Rams... Well, yeah, aside from the most important position in all of sports, they're pretty good.

Really though, when I said "stumbling" I am mostly referring to the regression of the offense over the last quarter of the regular season... You can't tell me that isn't disturbing in the least? The 49ers and Arizona both had a blueprint for RW... They both decided to crush the pocket while maintaining gap responsibility and contain and both executed that scheme very well.... Does NO have the personnel on defense to do the same? I don't know... I hope not.

Above all else, let's be honest.... NO at this point is playing with house money, and they just got a major confidence boost with their first road playoff win in the history of the franchise...

Either way, like I said, hoping for the win but nothing would surprise me I guess....