Why Are So Many Of You Cocky & Confident..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I hate how our fan base knock on other Seahawk fans who are less confident. It's like we have to be confident or bias to be a true fan in their eyes and I hate that. I have friends calling other friends fake fans because they are less bias and not to overconfident as others. I see a lot of our fans are sipping on that kool-aid and looking down on the Saints already just because of that regular season win. Some are already crowning us SB champs before the playoffs even started.

Call me a fake fan all you want but this is the playoff folks. Any team can get hot and go on a championship run.. Have these people been watching the playoffs in the previous years? These overconfident and cocky fans are usually the ones that hopped on the bandwagon in 2012 cause they haven't seen an upset and don't have that sour taste in their mouths like us lifelong Seattle fans who are used to being disappointed....

If memory serves me correct who would of thought the Ravens would win the SB last season or how the Giants would win before that or how the Steelers would win the SB in 05 as a wildcard..? My point is this is the playoffs any team is capable of making a run and winning the SB. You can scratch that regular season win against the Saints cause next week is different. The Saints have one game under their belt at the clink and expect a different game plan from Sean Payton and his boys. Would I be surprised if we lost to them? Nope but I sure as hell hope we don't. I am not looking down on any team and act like it's a cake walk. It's harder to beat a team twice in one season, I'm just saying. No need to be cocky.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I can't respond because paragraphs are your best friend. If you edit I'd be glad to answer your concerns.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing how so many Seahawk fans can be so confident. Not too many franchises have blow it as often as the Seahawks do (Det & Philly are pretty good at it too). A SB win this year will give me that total belief but I still find it hard to be too cocky when it comes to a Franchise that has 0 championships.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2fe2t8nj said:
I can't respond because paragraphs are your best friend. If you edit I'd be glad to answer your concerns.

Edited and paragraphed just for you. Now feel free to respond if you want.

OrFan

Reaction score
Every person sees it different. I am not going to put you down for the way you feel. I do not think those who feel confident and like what they see should be put down either.

No one fan is any better than any other, we just all have our own opinions, thank goodness for that or it would be boring as hell.

drdiags

Reaction score
I figure its just how fans are. They want to trash talk each other and anything less than full blown ego-maniac responses are a sign of weakness. After spending a decade on these forums I figure if you cannot beat them and don't want to join them, then you pick and choose those topics that look interesting and contribute. Otherwise, you are fighting a losing battle.

I look at PFT, Twitter, ESPN and other sports forums and this is the behavior of most folks. There really isn't as much X's and O's. More like a Pep Rally. No one wants to be talked down, you are messing with their buzz.

Some of the stuff you read on various sites by our fans and others will have you shaking your head but they are just letting off steam and not harming anyone. For the most part it has no long lasting impact, other than being labeled as an idiot fanbase by some poser who may or may not be a fellow fan (not the OP, the guy that says 99.9% of us here are ignorant rubes). Not sure how valid that number is but it sounds drastic.

EDIT:

Usually the cocky fan is going to be that way, no way he changes. If the team doesn't match his bravado, he will rationalize it and move on. Good luck trying to change his tone.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1qospggd said:
KCHawkGirl":1qospggd said:

Edited and paragraphed just for you. Now feel free to respond if you want.
Thank you sir. Give me until tomorrow though I am getting sleepy. I promise I will answer though because you have valid worries.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't even read it because anybody who thinks "our fanbase" is anything worse or different than any other fan base based on what a few "friends" have said is an ***.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":4vsg5cyk said:
I didn't even read it because anybody who thinks "our fanbase" is anything worse or different than any other fan base based on what a few "friends" .

Anyone who didn't care to read and assumed the OP said our fanbase is worse than others without any knowledge of him saying that and posted on a thread just to throw cheap shots at the OP (me) *****. Now you can shoo back to your cave coward.

main

Reaction score
I just cannot stand the fans that just started rooting for the Seahawks this year and try to talk smack to other team fans like the 49ers, Cardinals, etc. I have nothing against those that just started rooting for them.. just those annoying bandwagon fans that act like they've always been there.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Being a diehard of an NFL football team is an emotionally-exhausting endeavor. However you personally feel is the best way to react to the circumstance of any given game, situation or season is completely up to the individual. It's annoying to me that some fans can be such Debbie Downer's when others are simply trying to enjoy the ride and BELIEVE that great things lie ahead based on recent evidence that suggests as much, just as much as I'm sure I and others annoy other fans who want to remain "grounded" and feel justified in their beliefs based on history, trends, stats, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, who cares? Feel what you want to feel about the team. Say what you want to say. Picking sides/paradigms/stances is human.

seahawks08

Reaction score
You can only control what you can. We don't get paid to play. We are fans and we have our own emotions. No point worrying about things you have no control. Believe in your team when the rest do or don't. As a 12th man, do your part, make noise and anything you can to make a difference. No matter which team comes here, I will always believe we will win at home and mire times than less we have.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
main":1rzayz0m said:
I just cannot stand the fans that just started rooting for the Seahawks this year and try to talk smack to other team fans like the 49ers, Cardinals, etc. I have nothing against those that just started rooting for them.. just those annoying bandwagon fans that act like they've always been there.

I can dig it..

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":79055icl said:
I didn't even read it because anybody who thinks "our fanbase" is anything worse or different than any other fan base based on what a few "friends" have said is an idiot.
THIS! Anyone can be as cocky or not cocky as they want to be. Anyone can also be as confident or unconfident as they want to be. There are no set in stone rules for fandom as far as I've seen.

Seattle is 13-3, best record (tied) in the NFL, with the best HFA in all of pro sports, with the deepest and most balanced team in the NFL.

Am I confident, HELL YES! Am I cocky, probably! Oh well!
Wish the OP, would stop worrying so much about what others think and enjoy the ride! It's about to get REAL GOOD! :) :th2thumbs:

dradee

Reaction score
The Saints do not match up well against Seattle ,just the way it is.

Can the Saints win the game? Sure but are they likely to win? I doubt it.

Would you bet $$$$ on the Saints to win? I sure wouldn't .

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think looking past the Saints would be a mistake. They have a great coach and even better quarterback. They will be ready.

Having said this, I think this team is a team of destiny. I have faith.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2waahwrm said:
Zebulon Dak":2waahwrm said:
I didn't even read it because anybody who thinks "our fanbase" is anything worse or different than any other fan base based on what a few "friends" quote]
THIS! Anyone can be as cocky or not cocky as they want to be. Anyone can also be as confident or unconfident as they want to be. There are no set in stone rules for fandom as far as I've seen.

Seattle is 13-3, best record (tied) in the NFL, with the best HFA in all of pro sports, with the deepest and most balanced team in the NFL.

Am I confident, HELL YES! Am I cocky, probably! Oh well!
Wish the OP, would stop worrying so much about what others think and enjoy the ride! It's about to get REAL GOOD! :) :th2thumbs:

What was so great about that cowardly post of his that you have to post THIS! Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.