Why Are So Many Of You Cocky & Confident..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
@Zebulan

Bruh you are taking this a little too far with this jury stuff, relax brodie this is a public forum. If you want to talk shit go right a head. And I'm calling you a coward because you took the time to throw a jab at me after clearly saying you didn't bother to the original first post on this thread. Who gives a shit about a jury you ain't on trial. You just did something cowardly in my books that is all. Who cares about someone vouching for you like credibility matters on here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm very confident in a win, so shoot me. Why would you even care about how other fans feel about their team or how they react to announcers? They are fans, they are passionate about their team and they are going to get emotional.

Some fans will be overly confident, some fans will be overly pessimistic, who gives a shit? Let them be.

I expect us to go to and win the SuperB Owl based on what I have seen in the last year plus. This team, this front office, this defense, this QB, and this head coach have given me that confidence. Sure the Saints are a good team, but we have the number one defense that has actually played in a division that matters.

This ain't your daddy's Seahawks. These Seahawks have no idea who "those" Seahawks were so you can't use past history to cast the future of this team.

Go Hawks! :icon_new:

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
-The Glove-":mdzzyvjp said:
You act like fans being confident has any bearing on the outcome of a game. Does being worried make it easier to take a loss for you? A loss is a loss...it sucks. Doesn't matter if I'm puffing my chest or not. That's a part of football. As long as I don't see our players overconfident on social media, I'm good.

It doesn't make any difference I just feel like ranting. Hahaha.

Appreciate everyone taking their time to comment though including the cat who called me an idiot and the girl who I edited my long post for kindly because I thought she was honest about wanting to respond in paragraphs but I instead got burned by a sarcastic edited comment by her after doing so. Hahah..

jhawk91

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3t7qqksl said:
I have been very surprised by some of the over confidence shown by many on here as well. Yes, I tend to be more pessimistic around here than most, but it is the playoffs and the Saints are gonna be much tougher this time around than they were last time.

Honest question, exactly how many times have you been on suicide watch during Seahawks games?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3b50ve75 said:
-The Glove-":3b50ve75 said:
You act like fans being confident has any bearing on the outcome of a game. Does being worried make it easier to take a loss for you? A loss is a loss...it sucks. Doesn't matter if I'm puffing my chest or not. That's a part of football. As long as I don't see our players overconfident on social media, I'm good.

It doesn't I just feel like ranting. Hahaha.

Appreciate everyone taking their time to comment though including the cat who called me an idiot..

You probably a little buzzed just like I...it ain't nothing wrong with a little bravado. We're not playing next Saturday

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing that the team plays the game, and not the fans. Would hate to be too cocky.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the black and gold already have 42 pages going on their forum laughing about this thread.

-The Glove-":1zmv592e said:

^^ I liked this response, FACT.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dopeboy206":bge41pk0 said:
KCHawkGirl":bge41pk0 said:
dopeboy206":bge41pk0 said:
KCHawkGirl":bge41pk0 said:
I can't respond because paragraphs are your best friend. If you edit I'd be glad to answer your concerns.

Edited and paragraphed just for you. Now feel free to respond if you want.
Thank you sir. Give me until tomorrow though I am getting sleepy. I promise I will answer though because you have valid worries.

I said if you want to then feel free to post. No one is making you. I was generous enough to edit it for you because you sounded serious but I see you edited your comment to make it sound like you were sarcastic.. It is what it is. I'm not worried, I was just being considerate. Now you can carry on..
Actually serious but too buzzed to give your original post justice until I am sober. You don't have an issue with that do you? It's happy time for me especially after my nightmare day at work today.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
@KCHawkGirl

It's not that serious really. If you want to feel free. I just felt like ranting. I'll probably forget about this post tomorrow unless I still see it on the first page up top. Hahaha. The big picture is we're just fans like what the Glove said. Makes no difference we don't play the game on Sundays..I feel like kind of cheesy now for even posting my long ass rant. Hahaha

Well good night everyone I'm calling it a night on net and I'm just going to watch my show on netflix..

Smellyman

Reaction score
because this is a fans board. Looking at the saints forum most are predicting a win too.

Many think they will stuff Seattle's run and in turn, run on the Seahawks D.

Good Luck

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is reminding me of the poster who requested we have a Drunk Shack. LOL. Nobody but drunk posters are allowed to post in that forum.

Then again, the main forum IS the Drunk Shack after a certain (hiccup) time of day.

No matter what side of the fence you straddle at the moment...Enjoy a trip down memory lane...

[youtube]ifE6XkqMX9g[/youtube]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'll tell you why in only three words:

DEFENSE
E
F
E
N
S
E

WINS
I
N
S

CHAMPIONSHIPS
H
A
M
P
I
O
N
S
H
I
P
S

taz291819

Reaction score
Words that will never come out of my mouth:

"I'm not sure who's going to win...I just hope it's a good game."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dopeboy206":tqj3pq36 said:
@KCHawkGirl

It's not that serious really. If you want to feel free. I just felt like ranting. I'll probably forget about this post tomorrow unless I still see it on the first page up top. Hahaha. The big picture is we're just fans like what the Glove said. Makes no difference we don't play the game on Sundays..I feel like kind of cheesy now for even posting my long ass rant. Hahaha

Well good night everyone I'm calling it a night on net and I'm just going to watch my show on netflix..
Cool. The Glove is right. Enjoy your movie sir! I have two more games to lose tomorrow so probably should go to bed myself.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Aros":3s5iuw94 said:
This thread is reminding me of the poster who requested we have a Drunk Shack. LOL. Nobody but drunk posters are allowed to post in that forum.

Then again, the main forum IS the Drunk Shack after a certain (hiccup) time of day.

No matter what side of the fence you straddle at the moment...Enjoy a trip down memory lane...

[youtube]ifE6XkqMX9g[/youtube]
You didn't!!! Shando is classic! :th2thumbs: :thfight7: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :thfight7: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HawkWow

Reaction score
dopeboy206":145vm0y3 said:
E.C. Laloosh":145vm0y3 said:
Aside from you trying to occupy higher ground by painting yourself as a real fan whereas others are bandwagon fans who don't understand what is happening, the biggest problem that I have with your post is how comfortable you are with generalization and assumption. Leads me to make assumptions of my own, sorry...

Feel free to. Speak your mind...You're right I made some generalization and assumption from personal experience and also on the internet, forums, espn comments, ect.. Same thing can be said about other teams. All I am saying is this...You can judge me for this assumption also...but if you been watching the NFL for years and seen the tough times of the 90s and even witness some disappointments shouldn't you be a little more humbled and not cocky...It's okay to be cocky but some cockiness I seen online is over the top...To each its own I guess.

But how do we know if we are being too cocky ..or not cocky enough? I mean, we don't have much experience with losing after a bout of cockiness. We're the Hawks.. not the Ducks.

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":3cqvujcw said:
I'm a bandwagon fan that just started rooting for the team this year....

Me too. But I don't see the Seahawks of old on the field - so, I'll keep rooting.

Go WILSON! :th2thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.