past Seahawks roster question

Raptor22

Reaction score
I have a question about a Seahawks player from a few years ago. During the season we went to the Superbowl (2005), I believe we had a player named Joe Jerevicius (hopefully I didn't misspell that too bad). From what I recall he had a pretty good year that season but we didn't keep him much longer.

What happened to him and should we have kept him?

nsport

Reaction score
He had a great year... was an underneath crossing pattern threat and occasional deep corner threat. While here, he had a knack for making really important catches. Really good chemistry with Hasselbeck and he balanced the WR corps. We all called him JJ around here and I think most of the forum really liked him. If memory serves, Cleveland signed him the next year and he went on to disappear in that cesspool of dysfunction.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Jurevicius had a great year as a plug and play receiver much like Stokely had in 2010. It's all about the chemistry a receiver has with their qb. None the less, he was an unsung hero.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
OLYhawks":3cvw8ekp said:
Jurevicius had a great year as a plug and play receiver much like Stokely had in 2010. It's all about the chemistry a receiver has with their qb. None the less, he was an unsung hero.

"...unsung hero"? You weren't around this board in 2005, were you? All here were sick when he told the GM he was leaving.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A great player for us. I will always remember him fondly. I hope he is doing well.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":220nbyvt said:
OLYhawks":220nbyvt said:

"...unsung hero"? You weren't around this board in 2005, were you? All here were sick when he told the GM he was leaving.

No I wasn't, but when people talk about the success of the 05' season, JJ is rarely mentioned by the talking heads. Yes, we realize his role, thus, he was an unsung hero.

The Radish

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2zz9fwf5 said:
LymonHawk":2zz9fwf5 said:
He was also a terrific down-field blocker.
Beat me to it Lymon.

Not just terrific,,,TERRIFIC. He had the knack of knowing where the play was going and being there first and raising hell with the defense.

He also caught any balls that were in his area. Tate is becoming kind of a "mini" JJ. I say mini because JJ was taller.

Yes we did all weep when he took less money to go back to the Cleveland area but felt blessed for having him here that one season. He was so intense I saw him throw his helmet in discust at himself when he missed an almost impossible catch with 2 of our guys hanging on to him at Cheney training camp that year.

He was a perfect example of "you're going to get hit anyway so you might as well catch the ball" and most of our other receivers picked up on that.

:les:

p.s. this poster wept on hearing he was knocked out of football by such a stupid thing.

McGruff

Reaction score
JJ was one of the surprising heroes of that season. A lot of guys stepped up from nowhere to contribute.

Marquand Manuel was the other big one, jumping in and leading the team went Ken Hamlin got sucker punched by a stop sign.

That was also the year of the bounty hunter, wasn't it?

A

Anonymous

If memory serves, JJ caught a few clutch passes that won a playoff game or three.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sad to hear about the staph infection ruining his career. He was possibly the best TE to ever wear a hawk uniform, even in his short time here.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
JJ one of the few short-term in and out seahawks I would have no problem sporting a jersey for after the fact.