Harvin likely to end year on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Via Ian Rappaport's twitter

From #NFLGameDay: It’s doubtful the #Seahawks have WR Percy Harvin (hip) any time soon. Looking like he’ll end the year on Injured Reserve

I guess we will have to wait until next year......

Vetamur

Reaction score
Well..theyve been saying that all week... each day that goes by that they dont makes me optimistic we are in for a January Surprise.

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Hey look on the bright side, Percy has a lot less miles on him now, so he might play another year later in his career

themunn

Reaction score
Given the superbowl is still 5 weeks away, I can't see it happening while we're still in the hunt, 5 weeks is a long time.

if he does end up on IR, I don't mind so much, I'd rather the team made sure he is unlikely to re-injure himself due to inadequate recovery than risk the long term future on a gamble

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":74cx2g1i said:

From #NFLGameDay: It’s doubtful the #Seahawks have WR Percy Harvin (hip) any time soon. Looking like he’ll end the year on Injured Reserve

Is this supposition on his part or does he have a source telling him this?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rap was just on the NFL morning show. He said his sources say that Harvin will no play in the playoffs. He isn't even practicing. I think he is just speculating at the IR though.

Will I

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":1zwt9jki said:
seahawksfanatic000":1zwt9jki said:

Is this supposition on his part or does he have a source telling him this?

according to two sources with direct knowledge of the injuries

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... eahawks-ir

Barthawk

Reaction score
It is plausible, but if they do put him on the IR... why wait? This should have happened this week so another WR could have been brought in.. Kearse is Gimpy.. we could be down to 3 WR for this game..

maybe that is the game plan.. lots of two TE sets and MRob.. pound the ball all day.. I dunno.. perplexing if Harvin gets put on the IR in the next week or two..

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Rap's pretty good at what he does. I'm just kinda surprised a month more of healing wouldn't fully heal whatever he is dealing with.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The fact he isn't practicing raises the speculation he won't play this season, but as has been mentioned here before his contract becomes guaranteed for $11 mil next season if he's IR'd. So I doubt he'll be IR'd. Somehow though I still think he's a possibility for the playoffs.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
They won't put him on IR. His salary for 2014 is injury guaranteed, which means if he ends the season on IR his 2014 salary is fully guaranteed. If the Seahawks cut him within 6 days after the end of the season and he's not injured, there's plenty of salary cap relief.

Greenhell

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1qip6czz said:
but as has been mentioned here before his contract becomes guaranteed for $11 mil next season if he's IR'd. So I doubt he'll be IR'd. Somehow though I still think he's a possibility for the playoffs.

IMO, keeping him active is exactly what this is all about. Not having to guarantee the 11 mil. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I think we're all dreaming that we might still see him sometime in the playoffs. Nothing wrong with that.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm an NFL novice so please help me out here. Paul Allen is loaded so he can afford to carry the cash for Percy but what does this move cost the team? It's only the cap effect the team has to worry about right?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I saw a lot of noobs in harvin jerseys last week. Will look good next to their Flynn jersey next week.

Just keeps sinking in, this trade was so horrible.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Spiderdan":23wxgm2m said:
They won't put him on IR. His salary for 2014 is injury guaranteed, which means if he ends the season on IR his 2014 salary is fully guaranteed. If the Seahawks cut him within 6 days after the end of the season and he's not injured, there's plenty of salary cap relief.
I agree this is probably what is going on. Cap room is an area they need to manage wisely to retain players. Those that think he will be in the playoffs are keeping hope alive, but probably in for a sad realization that Harvin will not be assisting. The Harvin threads keep going though, and the outcome was probably already determined.

There are some great WR and lineman in this year's draft, so I can look forward to that. Especially since there is a first round pick. Viking trades should all be banned from here on too.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
HawkMeat":25bcxhwf said:
Spiderdan":25bcxhwf said:
I agree this is probably what is going on.

There are some great WR and lineman in this year's draft, so I can look forward to that.

Isn't it only a couple million in savings? The dead money is like 9m per through 2016 I thought?

Mitch

Reaction score
I believe that all of the speculation about Harvin going on IR comes back to Pete's one comment on the prospect of this happening. Does anybody have any real information other than he is not practicing? A first round bye gives Harvin two more weeks to get off the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.