seahawks owe fans

seahawksny

Reaction score
To blow the doors off of this sub .500 rams team. Its not a 9-5 team we are facing
Enough said

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'll be happy with a W, thanks. The Goats seem like kryptonite against our OL, but I want to see how our starters fare against Quinn and Long this time. I originally was thinking Chris (wrong Long) was out, so this will be a better test for them. Pete will have to really think about giving OL some love in the draft and FA if we drop this one because of those two turning us into turnstiles again.

I want to see the following: 1. A "W" 2. Our OL fare better against them than they have in the past. 3. Russell and WR's take advantage of their secondary better than we did last time (to enable this, see #2, LOL!) 4. Our D beat the brakes off of Clemens, stuff Stacy and dominate their WRs. They took us to the wire last time using basically the same game plan SF and Arizona used. I REALLY want to see both sides of the ball show some strength and sound planning to exploit this type of attack (contain Russ, play man on our WR's/ Pound the rock and paper cut us on 'O'), because that's what everyone will be trying to execute against us from here-on, if they're smart.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":59drsq1m said:
I'll be happy with a W, thanks. The Goats seem like kryptonite against our OL, but I want to see how our starters fare against Quinn now that Long is out.

I want to see the following: 1. A "W" 2. Our OL fare better against them than they have in the past. 3. Russell and WR's take advantage of their secondary better than we did last time (to enable this, see #2, LOL!) 4. Our D beat the brakes off of Clemens, stuff Stacy and dominate their WRs. They took us to the wire last time using basically the same game plan SF and Arizona used. I REALLY want to see both sides of the ball show some strength and sound planning to exploit this type of attack (contain Russ, play man on our WR's/ Pound the rock and paper cut us on 'O'), because that's what everyone will be trying to execute against us from here-in, if they're smart.

Wrong Long ding dong.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Personally I think it's rediculous that fans ever think they are owed anything teams, or players. That said I expect them to cone out rolling against stl in order to get some rhythm going into the playoffs, not because they 'owe' it to the fans.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3k6mln47 said:
Wrong Long ding dong.

Sounds like a Chinese movie title. For some reason I was thinking of Chris. Don't the Rams get some sorta fine for having one too many Longs? Very constructive feedback I might add.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":pigl1q06 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":pigl1q06 said:
Wrong Long ding dong.

Sounds like a Chinese movie title. For some reason I was thinking of Chris. Don't the Rams get some sorta fine for having one too many Longs? Very constructive feedback I might add.
IDK, as a guy who gets names wrong all the time, I thought it was hilarious.

The Radish

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1elurs27 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1elurs27 said:
Wrong Long ding dong.

He forgot,,,,walla walla bing bang!

:lol:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
JGreen79":1cevf7bf said:
Personally I think it's rediculous that fans ever think they are owed anything teams, or players. That said I expect them to cone out rolling against stl in order to get some rhythm going into the playoffs, not because they 'owe' it to the fans.

Exactly. I mean why should they owe us anything. It isn't like we make it possible for them to make obscene amounts of money to play a game or anything. No reason for them to make sure we are entertained.

Brahn

Reaction score
Bitter":3smnou6c said:
JGreen79":3smnou6c said:

Exactly. I mean why should they owe us anything. It isn't like we make it possible for them to make obscene amounts of money to play a game or anything. No reason for them to make sure we are entertained.

And it's not like they give you 3 hours of games 16+ Sundays a year, all while sacrificing their long term health. But you pay what? couple hundred dollars a year towards a sport that pays QBs 16mill plus? And demand your team wins the big game over the other 31 because of the money You spent?

Can we stop acting like the fans make it all happen? I recall reading how original football was being played for free without a crowd to watch it.

I invest money and time, they invest all of that plus far more... and yet you think they owe you anything? Seems like some people feel a little to entitled to things, and need to line up behind the yearly first round draft busts who do not work hard.

I bet you pay your insurance, does the insurance company owe you a car now for you giving them so much money?

kf3339

Reaction score
Brahn":ethcrgyi said:
Bitter":ethcrgyi said:
JGreen79":ethcrgyi said:

And it's not like they give you 3 hours of games 16+ Sundays a year, all while sacrificing their long term health. But you pay what? couple hundred dollars a year towards a sport that pays QBs 16mill plus? And demand your team wins the big game over the other 31 because of the money You spent?

Can we stop acting like the fans make it all happen? I recall reading how original football was being played for free without a crowd to watch it.

I invest money and time, they invest all of that plus far more... and yet you think they owe you anything? Seems like some people feel a little to entitled to things, and need to line up behind the yearly first round draft busts who do not work hard.

I bet you pay your insurance, does the insurance company owe you a car now for you giving them so much money?

If there was no fans in the stands or watching on TV how long do you think the sport would be a able to continue? How much do you think those players would make if there was no revenue for the owners. They are all billionaires for a reason and would not pay out over a hundred million dollars a year for nothing in return.

I'm not saying or agreeing that they owe us a win, but you should also not be making it sound like the fans have no stake in the process because that is equally stupid in my book.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Brahn":p5h9w14b said:
Bitter":p5h9w14b said:
JGreen79":p5h9w14b said:

I don't demand wins, only entertainment.

The reason I pay car insurance isn't to get a new car every now and again, it is to be compliant with law and have protection against unforeseen circumstances. And I have always gotten exactly what I expect out of the money I pay for insurance (I know there are people that haven't.)

The purpose of professional sports is to provide entertainment to the fans. With out that, they would all just be a group of people playing a game in the park (like my friends and I used to do.) At that point they do not owe anything to anybody. As professionals, they need to provide the service they are getting payed to provide. Playing football isn't that service but rather how they achieve the goal of entertaining.

I was not in the least bit entertained by what occurred on Sunday. I've gotten my money back for movies that were less disappointing than Sunday's game was. If it was just because they had an off day, that happens every once in a while and has to be accepted. If it is because they were playing vanilla and saving it for the playoffs, that is a disservice to the fans and directly against their claimed 1-0 every week is a championship week philosophy. I saw nothing from anybody outside of the defense in Sunday's game to make me believe anybody else was looking at it as a championship week.

I don't demand wins, only entertainment.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Bitter":1xrx6rje said:
JGreen79":1xrx6rje said:

With that arrogant, entitled thinking, I guess you can say the exact thing about ANY pro sports fan base. It's not like the Seattle Seahawks are the only athletes in sports making "obscene amounts of money", or that Seahawks fans do anything out of the ordinary to feel any sense of entitlement or being owed more than any other fans. There are teams that have great fan support, and whose players make tons of money that never even make the playoffs for their fan bases.

To anyone that thinks otherwise, get over yourself. We aren't owed anything. We choose to do this as a hobby. This is something we enjoy. We can support our team and it's players without being smug, entitled babies.

And that's not to mean we can't want or expect a win come Sunday. But let's save the "they owe us" nonsense.

Go Hawks.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3nep3s47 said:
Bitter":3nep3s47 said:
JGreen79":3nep3s47 said:

With that arrogant, entitled thinking, I guess you can say the exact thing about ANY pro sports fan base. It's not like the Seattle Seahawks are the only athletes in sports making "obscene amounts of money", or that Seahawks fans do anything out of the ordinary to feel any sense of entitlement or being owed more than any other fans. There are teams that have great fan support, and whose players make tons of money that never even make the playoffs for their fan bases.

To anyone that thinks otherwise, get over yourself. We aren't owed anything. We choose to do this as a hobby. This is something we enjoy. We can support our team and it's players without being smug, entitled babies.

And that's not to mean we can't want or expect a win come Sunday. But let's save the "they owe us" nonsense.

Go Hawks.

Like I said, I don't think fans are owed wins, but rather entertainment. And that is a standard every fan should expect from the team(s) they follow. That isn't a sense of entitlement, it is expecting to get what is payed for. When we pay for professional sports, we are paying for entertainment.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bitter":1o0g1vrk said:
SeaTown81":1o0g1vrk said:
Bitter":1o0g1vrk said:
JGreen79":1o0g1vrk said:

Go Hawks.

Like I said, I don't think fans are owed wins, but rather entertainment. And that is a standard every fan should expect from the team(s) they follow. That isn't a sense of entitlement, it is expecting to get what is payed for. When we pay for professional sports, we are paying for entertainment.

If you aren't entertained, then you stop paying. It's not a charity or a tax obligation. You have free will. The Seahawks put a product on the field, and if you aren't entertained, no one is forcing you to pay for it. They owe you nothing. Not satisfied with how a season is going? Sell your season-tickets and stop buying merchandise. Happens to various teams every year.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2mjz2wzj said:
Bitter":2mjz2wzj said:

If you aren't entertained, then you stop paying. It's not a charity or a tax obligation. You have free will. The Seahawks put a product on the field, and if you aren't entertained, no one is forcing you to pay for it. They owe you nothing. Not satisfied with how a season is going? Sell your season-tickets and stop buying merchandise. Happens to various teams every year.

That is a fair enough argument. I was kind of the opposite. I paid for season tickets in the lean years to make sure I could watch them every week. When they started winning I gave my season tickets up (so again I don't expect wins) and if they are ever bad enough to be blacked out I will probably try to get season tickets again. Unfortunately a fan's investment in a team is a little different though and more than just financial. I don't feel I was let down because they lost on Sunday but rather the way they performed as a whole. I also don't feel that one let down game (or a couple of games with obvious problems) means they aren't providing what they should be (in my opinion.) I am simply saying they get payed to entertain and that is what the fans are owed. If nobody was owed anything there would be no reason to pay them.

Brahn

Reaction score
kf3339":3gw1t1dc said:
Brahn":3gw1t1dc said:
Bitter":3gw1t1dc said:
JGreen79":3gw1t1dc said:

If there was no fans in the stands or watching on TV how long do you think the sport would be a able to continue? How much do you think those players would make if there was no revenue for the owners. They are all billionaires for a reason and would not pay out over a hundred million dollars a year for nothing in return.

I'm not saying or agreeing that they owe us a win, but you should also not be making it sound like the fans have no stake in the process because that is equally stupid in my book.

I do not how long it will last, because it will never happen. How would any business work without customers? Maybe that is the issue. People put to much stock in being a "fan" when really all we are to them is an avid repeat customer. We are customers to their product. We are labeled as fans so as to not make it seem negative. We are a customer, we are a resource, we are a commodity, we are expendable.

We are owed as much as any other customer is owed from a business. At the end of the day what stake do we really have in a Multi-Billion dollar business? Time, energy, and money spent that they would not even notice if we died? You can have your stake in the team, it will be located right behind the urinal next to my stake, we can hug and read the stupid book together.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Brahn":2lbjaqxg said:
I do not how long it will last, because it will never happen. How would any business work without customers? Maybe that is the issue. People put to much stock in being a "fan" when really all we are to them is an avid repeat customer. We are customers to their product. We are labeled as fans so as to not make it seem negative. We are a customer, we are a resource, we are expendable.

We are owed as much as any other customer is owed from a business. At the end of the day what stake do we really have in a multi-million dollar business? Time, energy, and money spent that they would not even notice if we died? You can have your stake in the team, it will be located right behind the urinal next to my stake.

Whether or not or individual status of being a customer has any impact on the overall business does not really matter. The very fact that we are customers means that we are owed something. The opinion on what that is will very greatly from person to person. In my opinion, if any Seahawk (player, coach, owner, etc.) thinks what this years team did on the field on Sunday was satisfactory in providing the customer what they are owed there is a problem. Especially considering their own claim of 1-0 every week and every week is a championship week.

If this were the 90's Seahawks, I would have been doing my best to enjoy an extraordinary effort by a group of over matched players. The effort on Sunday, from what I was able to see, was not acceptable by this years on the field Seahawks (including the coaches.) And not just talking about being "off". It seemed there was a serious lack of effort by a majority of the team.

Brahn

Reaction score
Bitter":mgm9x851 said:
Brahn":mgm9x851 said:
I do not how long it will last, because it will never happen. How would any business work without customers? Maybe that is the issue. People put to much stock in being a "fan" when really all we are to them is an avid repeat customer. We are customers to their product. We are labeled as fans so as to not make it seem negative. We are a customer, we are a resource, we are expendable.

We are owed as much as any other customer is owed from a business. At the end of the day what stake do we really have in a multi-million dollar business? Time, energy, and money spent that they would not even notice if we died? You can have your stake in the team, it will be located right behind the urinal next to my stake.

Whether or not or individual status of being a customer has any impact on the overall business does not really matter. The very fact that we are customers means that we are owed something. The opinion on what that is will very greatly from person to person. In my opinion, if any Seahawk (player, coach, owner, etc.) thinks what this years team did on the field on Sunday was satisfactory in providing the customer what they are owed there is a problem. Especially considering their own claim of 1-0 every week and every week is a championship week.

If this were the 90's Seahawks, I would have been doing my best to enjoy an extraordinary effort by a group of over matched players. The effort on Sunday, from what I was able to see, was not acceptable by this years on the field Seahawks (including the coaches.) And not just talking about being "off". It seemed there was a serious lack of effort by a majority of the team.

Ya, what you are OWED is a 3hour or so game played 10 days out of the year at home and 10 games played on the road at the min (if you have bought season tickets). You are owed a product on the field, it does not matter how well that product is put together as long as you pay to see it. To think you are "owed" anything beyond that is a customer who does not understand the purchase. Hell people waiting to get into the CLink still think they are "owed" the right to not check bags in still.

We are talking business, not well wishes and hopes and dreams.

Now if you have beefs with the product on the field during a 12-3 season well then I dunno what you are really looking for, maybe a 4-11 record like the Falcons?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Brahn":3tp3nubt said:
Bitter":3tp3nubt said:
Brahn":3tp3nubt said:

Ya, what you are OWED is a 3hour or so game played 10 days out of the year at home and 10 games played on the road at the min (if you have bought season tickets). You are owed a product on the field, it does not matter how well that product is put together as long as you pay to see it. To think you are "owed" anything beyond that is a customer who does not understand the purchase.

We are talking business, not well wishes and hopes and dreams.

And again, I think I am owed entertainment (the primary purpose of pro sports) and if I don't get it there is a problem. I am no where near delusional enough to think that what I feel I am owed will have any impact on anything. So as I fan I just accept that I won't always get what I feel I am owed. To me there is a big difference between a bad team playing like the Seahawks did on Sunday and this year's team playing like they did on Sunday.

I don't have a beef with what the team has done this season. I do have a beef with the effort that was provided on Sunday.