seahawks owe fans

Brahn

Reaction score
Bitter":688fx62k said:
Brahn":688fx62k said:
Bitter":688fx62k said:
Brahn":688fx62k said:
I do not how long it will last, because it will never happen. How would any business work without customers? Maybe that is the issue. People put to much stock in being a "fan" when really all we are to them is an avid repeat customer. We are customers to their product. We are labeled as fans so as to not make it seem negative. We are a customer, we are a resource, we are expendable.

We are owed as much as any other customer is owed from a business. At the end of the day what stake do we really have in a multi-million dollar business? Time, energy, and money spent that they would not even notice if we died? You can have your stake in the team, it will be located right behind the urinal next to my stake.

Whether or not or individual status of being a customer has any impact on the overall business does not really matter. The very fact that we are customers means that we are owed something. The opinion on what that is will very greatly from person to person. In my opinion, if any Seahawk (player, coach, owner, etc.) thinks what this years team did on the field on Sunday was satisfactory in providing the customer what they are owed there is a problem. Especially considering their own claim of 1-0 every week and every week is a championship week.

If this were the 90's Seahawks, I would have been doing my best to enjoy an extraordinary effort by a group of over matched players. The effort on Sunday, from what I was able to see, was not acceptable by this years on the field Seahawks (including the coaches.) And not just talking about being "off". It seemed there was a serious lack of effort by a majority of the team.

Ya, what you are OWED is a 3hour or so game played 10 days out of the year at home and 10 games played on the road at the min (if you have bought season tickets). You are owed a product on the field, it does not matter how well that product is put together as long as you pay to see it. To think you are "owed" anything beyond that is a customer who does not understand the purchase.

We are talking business, not well wishes and hopes and dreams.

And again, I think I am owed entertainment (the primary purpose of pro sports) and if I don't get it there is a problem. I am no where near delusional enough to think that what I feel I am owed will have any impact on anything. So as I fan I just accept that I won't always get what I feel I am owed. To me there is a big difference between a bad team playing like the Seahawks did on Sunday and this year's team playing like they did on Sunday.

"Entertainment" will always be based on opinion, you may feel a loss was not "entertainment" you may feel like a poor offensive performance was not "entertaining" At the end of the day, you watched it. you were entertained in one way or another for 3 hours either negatively or positively and yes they can both be "entertaining" based on your opinion. Your issue happens to be with the outcome and not the "entertainment" itself.

You feel "owed" an outcome different then the one you saw. That is not on the business. I can tell you I was entertained the whole game, sitting in my section at the Clink. Losing didn't suddenly change all that.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Brahn":1c891x1n said:
"Entertainment" will always be based on opinion, you may feel a loss was not "entertainment" you may feel like a poor offensive performance was not "entertaining" At the end of the day, you watched it. you were entertained in one way or another for 3 hours either negatively or positively and yes they can both be "entertaining" based on your opinion. Your issue happens to be with the outcome and not the "entertainment" itself.

You feel "owed" an outcome different then the one you saw. That is not on the business. I can tell you I was entertained the whole game, sitting in my section at the Clink. Losing didn't suddenly change all that.

Nope, it is not the outcome that impacted my feeling of not being entertained. If they had kept Arz from retaking the lead after going up 10-9 I would have felt about the same way about the game.

Brahn

Reaction score
Bitter":l5r8ijjg said:
Brahn":l5r8ijjg said:

Nope, it is not the outcome that impacted my feeling of not being entertained. If they had kept Arz from retaking the lead after going up 10-9 I would have felt about the same way about the game.

So when the Hawks were up at one point there was no entertaining you huh? You were just gonna huffle puff the rest of the way just so you could not be entertained? My guess is you WERE entertained at one point or anther.... then again maybe you were just sitting all quiet and such when we intercepted the ball each time. And the TD to Baldwin I bet you threw out a Harbaugh Humbug, when it put us in the lead. When the defense was dancing during a big 3 and out, nothing huh? Yup never at one point did an entertaining thing happened. If that stuff didn't "entertain" you then maybe you were only going to be satisfyingly entertained by a win.

------------------------------------------
Side Note:

"I was never entertained during the 3 hour game. I continued to watch the game without being entertained instead of doing something that would entertain me. This will allow me to complain about not being entertained even though I watched the whole game. I really wish there was something that could take my mind off of everyday life, and entertain me for 3 hours on a Sunday."

That's what you really mean right?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Brahn":1ic7heek said:
Bitter":1ic7heek said:
Brahn":1ic7heek said:

So when the Hawks were up at one point there was no entertaining you huh? You were just gonna huffle puff the rest of the way just so you could not be entertained? My guess is you WERE entertained at one point or anther.... then again maybe you were just sitting all quiet and such when we intercepted the ball each time. And the TD to Baldwin I bet you threw out a Harbaugh Humbug, when it put us in the lead. When the defense was dancing during a big 3 and out, nothing huh? Yup never at one point did an entertaining thing happened. If that stuff didn't "entertain" you then maybe you were only going to be satisfyingly entertained by a win.

------------------------------------------
Side Note:

"I was never entertained during the 3 hour game. I continued to watch the game without being entertained instead of doing something that would entertain me. This will allow me to complain about not being entertained even though I watched the whole game. I really wish there was something that could take my mind off of everyday life, and entertain me for 3 hours on a Sunday."

That's what you really mean right?

Where did I say I was huffing and puffing. I am not one of those saying the sky is falling over the game or even the problems they have exhibited over the last few games. I had positive reactions to several plays during the game including the first interception and the one right before half time that almost went for a TD. I had no confidence that anything positive was going to happen when Smith didn't quite make it into the end zone. The only notable negative reaction I had was on the kick off that Turbin fumbled. I said (out loud) "take a knee" when I saw him waiting for it in the end zone and as soon has he started running I hollered idiot loud enough to scare my dog.

So yes, there were points I was entertained but that doesn't mean I got what I felt I was owed. If I go to see an Adam Sandler movie and only laugh at two jokes through the whole thing does that mean I got what I was owed? Uh, never mind bad example. If I go to see an Adam Sandler movie expecting more than that I just being stupid. That is more comparable to the 90's Seahawks.

Brahn

Reaction score
Bitter":3jl6h6kf said:
So yes, there were points I was entertained but that doesn't mean I got what I felt I was owed. If I go to see an Adam Sandler movie and only laugh at two jokes through the whole thing does that mean I got what I was owed? Uh, never mind bad example. If I go to see an Adam Sandler movie expecting more than that I just being stupid. That is more comparable to the 90's Seahawks.

All things aside this had me rolling, that could be possibly the best metaphor usage today.

With that said, you did finally admit to being entertained if even just a little. And that was my whole goal. Merry Xmas bud.