What’s happened to the O?

ammoghost

Reaction score
Is anyone else worried about the lack of offense over the last few weeks? Wilson has not passed for more than 206 yards in the last three weeks (two of those weeks were less than 200 yards). This might be okay, but the ground game has been off as well. Lynch hasn’t been over 100 yards since week 10 against the Falcons. I know that this team is built on beating other teams up and at times that can lead to ugly games, but I’m starting to get a bit concerned...enough so that it has made the short list of things I would most like to receive Wednesday morning…even if I have to wait until Sunday. What do you guys think, am I worried for nothing?

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think teams are finding RW - pocket. Rewatch the card game and see their line collapse our Pocket. They drive our line 7 yards deep repeatedly. Yuk. Need to scheme block a bit more to keep dine off balance. Backside run blockers need to do a better job. What happened to the running back wheel route?

I would like to see a double (triple "I") fullback set with Lynch. Maybe Sweezy/Mrob or Bailey/Mrob. What the heck?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
No separation by receivers and the O-line got worked all game long.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Semi-related:

Pardon my extreme ignorance, but does Russell audible much? I'm talking completely changing the play. I see a lot of shifts and protection calls but I guess I've never paid much attention for some reason.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
We are too predictable. Teams know what's coming before the ball is even snapped. Even I know what's coming sitting on my couch.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I just keep hoping they are keeping it simple and venilla until the playoffs, but yea I am concerned! I am concerned that we have Lynch and every week they can't seem to get the running game rolling. I like DB, Tate, and Kearse, but I don't think they put the fear of a deep threat into any playoff caliber backfield. Harvin could be an X factor but he's MIA. I guess we'll see how it unfolds next Sunday.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
dbsn2420":27gbv4z2 said:
I just keep hoping they are keeping it simple and venilla until the playoffs, but yea I am concerned! I am concerned that we have Lynch and every week they can't seem to get the running game rolling. I like DB, Tate, and Kearse, but I don't think they put the fear of a deep threat into any playoff caliber backfield. Harvin could be an X factor but he's MIA. I guess we'll see how it unfolds next Sunday.

If they are keeping it vanilla, I would be quite disgusted. There is absolutely no reason to halfass anything until the #1 seed is locked up.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It seems to me like the WRs haven't been making the big plays that they usually make. Not sure if it's on them or RW or both. I wonder if it's a side effect of Kearse and Baldwin providing more tape for defenses to analyze and plan for.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If you're not worried about the offense right now you are delusional. It has been terrible since after the Saints game

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":32etrl7p said:
If you're not worried about the offense right now you are delusional. It has been terrible since after the Saints game
Rawng! Wee is da graitest!

gonzhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if Lynch is wearing down? and Russ seems more inaccurate-is he hurt?

It also really seems like our Oline gets its ass handed to them a lot? or just me? Okung hurt again, Max having a average
to below year, and also hurt a lot-Carp is fat...I kid, I kid, he could eat me. and the rest? It just seems the line has no real sense
of kick ass to them.

It also seems like we finally got the run game going, and the starters came back and mucked it all up, but did improve the Pass Pro right away?

irocdave

Reaction score
Kearse, Baldwin and Tate are all the same type of receiver. Smaller, quick but not fast and usually have good hands. Loosing Rice hurt. Keeping the tight ends on the line to block hurts the passing game. The O line isn't getting it done and the play calling isn't helping on the run game. It really does seem the OC is holding back on the play calling in the run game. I hope that's what is happening as dumb as it sounds. Attacking a team strength is not what you do when you need to win games, unless your so good at it....Maybe the OC is realizing the Hawks are not that consistent running the ball in the A-B gaps?

Would hate to see Lynches shelf life get wasted by a stubborn OC but it has been happening lately. Turbo needs to be swapped out with CM, you would think Turbo is related to Shawn Alexander the way he goes down.

plyka

Reaction score
I am not as concerned as most on this board are. The reason is that the problems are obvious, and its only stubbornness by the coaching staff that's causing these issues. We heard it from Pete, he said the defenders are playing tight and when that happens we want to go deep. Fine Pete your plan has you going deep. BUT EVERY FREAKING TIME!!! When it's not working change it up and stop being stubborn. I cant believe I'm telling Pete but one of the biggest weapons on the football field is surprise, its the opposing team having to compensate for anything. Thus when they know what you're going to do they have the huge advantage.

The game plan to beat the hawks has now been put together. On offense you're in trouble because Seattle is so good. What you must do is rush rush rush rush. Since the hawks offense sucks you'll get plenty of possessions and trys.

On defense you stack the box and play bump and run coverage on the WRs. You tell your edge rushers that their goal is not to sack Wilson but rather contain Wilson in the pocket. You depend on your interior line and the blitz to bring pressure. Wilson only has long routes and he doesn't have patience in the pocket. So after two seconds Wilson has no open wrs and he gets happy feet, he quickly runs out of the pocket directly into the edge rushers who are on the outside containing.

The solution? Try some short routes. When was the last time the hawks used a natural pick by running short crossing routes? What about a quick slant? A quick out or hook? A short TE in route? The options are endless if they stop being stubborn and change it up. What about a bubble screen? What about the back shoulder stuff? Run the defender, once he turns his hips to run with you, back shoulder pass. What about using the middle of the field? I mean this is football not rocket science. It should be easy.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
What I would like to know from the coaches

What happened to the bubble screens?
Why never any QB draws? Everyone runs them and Wilson is as evasive as a running back
Screen passes?
Draws?

The play calling lacks imagination. The play calling right now is pretty simple if it's broken down far enough. We are bigger, more physical than you are and we will run you over. I think that's why we struggle against physical teams at times.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I think it's point blank the o-line. When entirely healthy and at it's best it still isn't all that good imo. We have a running back that gets a couple extra yards every time he's stuffed and a QB that scrambles and makes plays on the run like nobody's business. They make this line look servicable so much that at times it seems we are ok there.

I hope they address it this offseason. They worry less there imo because Beast and Wilson can make so much happen without it. We are a superbowl caliber team - we should have a superbowl caliber o-line. Just my take - I know alot of guys probably think the WR group is a bigger issue.

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
From the first play of the Cardinals game - it was obvious to me that Russell Wilson had lost his "infamous" poise. When he dropped back to make his first pass he hurried the throw and looked disjointed. His timing was off and he appeared to be hurried throughout the game. IMO - it's been his composure that has lead to the Seahawk's best offensive plays - he has lost it. The play calling didn't adjust for this and he continued to struggle. The coaching really needed to give him a series of short passing plays so he could find a rhythm. A couple of bootleg passes to Miller and Willson early in the game would have helped.

If Wilson is to "rise to the occasion" against the Rams - he may need more early "coverage sacks" in order to find a rhythm, OR a series of bootlegs to loosen him up. Getting his pump fake back into the game wouldn't hurt either...

Tokadub

Reaction score
After watching the 49ers game yesterday I gotta admit I'm pretty jealous of their offensive line. It seems they always create these giant seams effortlessly for their running backs. Even when the defense is completely stacked at the line it seems Gore can just pop right through his own guys into wide open space on a regular basis. I haven't seen this happen for us in a LONG time it seems.

At times defenders have been able to run right through our O-line untouched, straight up the middle it's kinda ludicrous.

Wilson also took 4 sacks vs Cardinals, I think 3 of them in 4th quarter? I would say they are still a big weakness especially when we try to force the run right up the middle at least 10 times a game.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It may sound crazy, but I wonder if RW is over preparing for the games, and if the stress of winning a Super Bowl is getting to him a little bit. Sometimes it helps to just relax and play, have fun and not over think the game.