Considering we're handing out all kinds of criticism....

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
.....in my opinion yesterday's game was the worst showing by the 12th Man in the last three or four years. I don't know if we (and I say we because I am lucky enough to be a season ticket holder and am including myself in the group to be criticized) just assumed that we'd get the job done because we were at the Clink or what. However the noise level and excitement in the stadium just wasn't on par with what we're used to bringing yesterday. Just like many of the players on the field we need to be better with our "jobs" as well.

Yes, yes I realize that the players play the games and we're just a secondary component. However I also believe that the 12th Man's effects on the game are real and can be felt by the opposing team. There is a reason that most believe Seattle has the biggest home field advantage in the NFL, and we're a big part of that reason. This season could be special, we need to make sure we as fans do everything we can to help make it happen.

I fully believe that the 12th Man will be as loud as ever next Sunday. For those of you that are lucky enough to be in the stadium: do your part. I know I will. Cheers.

GO HAWKS!!!

seanoob

Reaction score
That's too bad. I thought the D had a good game, but perhaps that wasn't due to thunderous 12th man noise? Bah I say.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I dunno man, I thought it was pretty dang loud when we were on defense.

hawksmode

Reaction score
it was loud...the D showed up and so did the 12th man..we can only help so much...

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawksmode":3nm5bppq said:
it was loud...the D showed up and so did the 12th man..we can only help so much...

It was loud I believe I remember seeing 137.2 decibels which is loud

Seaswab

Reaction score
It was plenty loud, not Saints loud, but it was pretty loud

Crizilla

Reaction score
yea stupid post. I was at the game and it was freaking LOUD. especially after we took the 10-9 lead.

stang233

Reaction score
I will completely agree. It was not loud at all until the end of the 4th quarter. I kept looking around to see if there was a bunch of red in the stands but it was mostly hawk fans. Not to sure why. I think we all might have overlooked the cards. I did.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Twilight Zone game I guess. I am usually critical of when the 12's don't bring Volume 12 and yesterday they did.

ceej22

Reaction score
So you listened to KJR this morning too. Seattle was egregious on offense yesterday. In the words of Coughlin the performance was pathetic. 12th man is supposed to be quite on offense. I'm not about to put down the 12th man here.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Umm... It was pretty damn loud where we I was sitting. It seemed to only get louder as the offense continued to stall

Steve2222

Reaction score
The defense played a hell of a game. Being anymore loud wouldn't have made a difference.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well based on the offense inability to make anything happen the 12's could be deemed quiet with lack of plays to get behind.

tooshort

Reaction score
Crizilla":1zfkrdgo said:
yea stupid post. I was at the game and it was freaking LOUD. especially after we took the 10-9 lead.

Been at every single game in the same seats at that stadium since 2002 (except the year I broke my ankle) ..I wholeheartedly disagree, not even close to the last few Bad Holmgren or 1 Mora year as far as constant defensive noise.

Did the lack of noise on D matter? probably not.

Did the amount of noise on O matter? probably not

Was it a normal crowd in full throat? Definitely not.

*edit* When I say noise I mean "actual influential noise in the huddle and at the line on all defensive plays and NO OFFENSIVE PLAYS"

Yesterday would have been a good "well schooled" output for most fanbases, but for us it was too quiet on D and definitely not silent on O (I.E. un-12th like)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm a season ticket holder and I thought it was quite loud. The TB game was kinda quiet but this one was not.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This may be a surprise to some, but each section is different and you can have very different experiences based on where you sit. Where I sit (300 east side) this was probably the 3rd loudest game this season behind Saints and 49ers.

From what I could tell the morons making noise on offense were mostly the south-east section of the 300 level and only in response to the Wiiiilllson PA announcements. That is entirely the fault of the Seahawks IMO.

Either way, the crowd had minimal influence on our offense playing so poorly and the points the defense gave up were extremely good given 14 possessions and some of the calls made against them.

Green13

Reaction score
I'm in 304, and I whole heartedly agree with the OP. I was very disappointed by the people in my section. It felt like a cocktail party, everyone sitting on their hands, sharing recycling tips and comparing mortgage rates while waiting around for the automatic home field win so they could start preparing for their festive Seahawks Superb Owl party.

Do we need Guinness in the house to motivate crowd now?

It wasn't pretty.

SilNWest

Reaction score
I only get to go to 2 games a year or so, and yesterday was one of them.

In my section of 108 q, people were looking at me weird for screaming at the top of my lungs when we were on defense. My dad's ears are still ringing from me screaming in his ear, but no one else was yelling when the defense was on the field. I was pretty disapointed.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
First game I've lost my voice since the SF game and only didn't go to minn game.