If the Saints lose...

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
we are the #1 automatically, yes???

I didn't see this anywhere....

Seanhawk

Reaction score
No. The Niners can still overtake us if we lose out and they win out.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
We only eliminate the possibility of the #2, #3, #4, or #6.

Edit: Saints could still get 13 wins at this time.

Edit #2...thus the title of this thread...:) And the Rams are rolling...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Magic number is 1. For the season enchilada. The division, HFA and best record in the NFL. They are amazing folks.

I can only laugh at all the Niner fans who disregarded the way the Hawks played on the road last year. All the predictions of regression and road losses. I remember many of them saying "no way the Chickens go undefeated at home again, they can't win out of Seattle. 9-7."

How does a 6-2 road record sound?

I have heard it before, teams that play good on the road get to play at home in the playoffs. I am so jacked!

Go Hawks! 1 more baby!

Stuje1

Reaction score
A Saints loss would eliminate the 2 seed as an option. It would be only the #1 or #5 if saints lose. A Win by the Hawks OR a loss by the 49ers would lock up the 1 seed.

warden

Reaction score
Just doesn't matter what our competition does. We are in complete control of our fate and even have some room for error

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3vhwx3mt said:
I forgot about the Whiners... my bad. ha

Thanks guys.

It's alright, they are pretty forgettable.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This would be true if we had taken care of the Niners.

Unfortunately we let the Niners hang around.

They could still end up the #1 seed and we could end up #5. Should have taken care of business.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
warden":3rwto3zn said:
Just doesn't matter what our competition does. We are in complete control of our fate and even have some room for error

Disagree.. Although we only need 1 more win (in regular season ) there is no room for errors IMO.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Funny thing is The 49ers need both CAR 'AND' NO to lose another game to be able to even have HFA. Of course they play each other so that eliminates one team and then you have CAR @ ATL and TB @ NO.

But it's not even going to go that far cause SEA wont lose the next two home games.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkFan72":rudh3gy6 said:

They could still end up the #1 seed and we could end up #5. Should have taken care of business.

Are people really hung up on this? Does anyone seriously think the Cards win next week. C'mon.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":iis2j9c3 said:
HawkFan72":iis2j9c3 said:

Are people really hung up on this? Does anyone seriously think the Cards win next week. C'mon.

Just saying it COULD happen. Otherwise the NFL would have already awarded us the #1 seed and the division. It's simple mathematics. It could happen.

It won't, but it could. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

Now that the Saints have lost, does this mean that the 49ers are now the only "threat" to us having the #1 seed? There is no way the Saints can get now, even if we somehow lost the next 2, right?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2oljfr0t said:
Sarlacc83":2oljfr0t said:
HawkFan72":2oljfr0t said:

Unfortunately we let the Niners hang around.]

Just saying it COULD happen. Otherwise the NFL would have already awarded us the #1 seed and the division. It's simple mathematics. It could happen.

Now that the Saints have lost, does this mean that the 49ers are now the only "threat" to us having the #1 seed? There is no way the Saints can get now, even if we somehow lost the next 2, right?

No, what I don't understand is why you've spent a week handwringing about the 49ers loss and losing the division. Read your first two lines again, then stop acting like Seattle has a half game lead.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3touioa8 said:
HawkFan72":3touioa8 said:
Sarlacc83":3touioa8 said:
HawkFan72":3touioa8 said:

Unfortunately we let the Niners hang around.]

No, what I don't understand is why you've spent a week handwringing about the 49ers loss and losing the division. Read your first two lines again, then stop acting like Seattle has a half game lead.

I haven't spent a week handwringing. I haven't even posted about the Niners game since last weekend. I just think it would have been nice to handle business last week so we would have the #1 seed locked up already.

strohmin

Reaction score
If the Seahawks cant take care of Arizona and St. Louis at HOME!!!!!!!!!

Then why even worry about Home field advantage in the playoffs.

Polaris

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3ij85zb5 said:
we are the #1 automatically, yes???

I didn't see this anywhere....

No. If we win the division we are, but unfortunately San Fran won today. Had San Fran lost or tied, Seattle would have clinched HFA.

However, Seattle only has to win or tie a single game, and it's all moot.

However, the Saints loss did insure that Seattle will not be the number two seed (or 3, 4, or 6 seeds either).

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
How does the tiebreaker work? Best the niners can do is tie us. We have the same division record and are 1-1 vs the Niners. Plus we beat the Saints and the Panthers who beat the niners. How can they still win the division if we drop our last 2? I know this isn;t going to happen, just curious, i would have thought that the victories over common opponents would give us the edge.