Best Friends a Saints Fan

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
and he sent me this pic because we get a laugh at all the sudden flux of "fans"
p.s. thanks Radish (for the info on how to put a pic in)

Attachments

• Bandwagon.JPG
    Bandwagon.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 1,600

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
*shrug*

Pretty much true.

However, what team is this NOT the same case for before they became really good? Oh, that's right; none.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Cannot there be fans since day one that choose not to be part of this occluded mess?

Seahawks.net= Self entitled high post elitists who believe their opinions are worth something.

Your high post count just means that you have NO LIFE.

Bandwagon? Priceless.

"I hang out here and post incessantly" GET A LIFE.

Welcome fans.

And get off your high horse Elitists. We get it, you're
"special."

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
There are millions of displaced hawks fans who lived or did not live in Washington at one point looking for a ride. I lived in Montana and Washington for 26 years. Now live in Dallas and get called a bandwagon fan by locals for supporting my hawks. Not surprising. Humor. I miss the days of $17 tickets to the Kingdome. Even then I just went with friends for fun. Drink and be merry.

I am so happy to see people excited about hawks nation and excited to see the grass grow blue and green for a change. :)

OP
OP
Tempest_Crow

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
The "bandwagon" is most likely the result of the good season, and people can tout the Seahawks with out being ridiculed. Trust me I get it. I joined the military and couldn't follow my home team worth a damn. All my info was days old and games were recorded and I already knew the outcome. Try being from the NW and talk to a bunch of guys that grew up in the SEC. Holy Crap! You wanna talk bias. They ask who my favorite college team was, and I say the Ducks and their "Wha...Who?" The Huskies they knew about just because they were doing well for a few years, but I was a fan well before the Ducks were "cool". I root for any college out of the NW. The Ducks first and so on.

So I get why some are just piling on. Trust me. Try being stationed in Colorado Springs with a Bronco fan. My first Seahawk game was in Denver. Moon was our QB. Does that make me less a fan? No. Nor does it lessen anyones passion for the Hawks now. Bandwagon is for those that will keep riding it when the parades over.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I moved to Seattle in 1976 from Montana with my Mother and younger sister when my parents divorced. Been a Seahawk Fan since the first season. Only games I've been to were in the Kingdome. You see a lot more of the quiet Seahawks fans now because of the teams success. Doesn't mean they weren't here all along.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with bandwagon fans. I only have a problem with bandwagon fans who claim to be old-timers.

shawnsim

Reaction score
BlueTalon":39na55tb said:
Nothing wrong with bandwagon fans. I only have a problem with bandwagon fans who claim to be old-timers.

And who are you to judge that?

Do you know anything at all?

KK84

Reaction score
shawnsim":2l0hj1b0 said:
Cannot there be fans since day one that choose not to be part of this occluded mess?

Seahawks.net= Self entitled high post elitists who believe their opinions are worth something.

Bandwagon? Priceless.

Welcome fans.

"special."

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

shawnsim

Reaction score
KK84":j0qkwhgv said:
shawnsim":j0qkwhgv said:

Bandwagon? Priceless.

Welcome fans.

"special."

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

LoL I get it. It pisses me off when I see people discounting lifelong fans just because their post count is low.
Not everyone has the liberty of posting 4700 messages.

There is a very real attitude against new members around here and it just needs to stop.

KK84

Reaction score
A very few posters have done what you have described and have been jumped all over for it. Guess what though? Telling someone they have no life because they posted a few thousand times over years of posting is every bit as stupid and ridiculous as calling someone bandwagon for having a low post amount.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
I saw a good quote by some one in the /r/Seahawks subreddit that went something like "I don't judge people for when they get on the Seahawks bandwagon, I judge them if they get off."

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Especially since the OP only has a low post count in the first place, your post doesn't seem to make sense contextually, shawnsim.

shawnsim

Reaction score
KK84 said:
A very few posters have done what you have described and have been jumped all over for it. Guess what though? Telling someone they have no life because they posted a few thousand times over years of posting is every bit as stupid and ridiculous as calling someone bandwagon for having a l

No. My assertion is that these are REAL fans that just decided to come out of the woodwork, then get jumped on by you kind fellows.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Geez shawnism, lighten up. The Op was making a joke. And you are wrong about Net, the majority here welcome new posters and don't equate low post count with new fan, just new member.

Enjoy yourself and don't take things too seriously. :th2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
And if you would take the time to notice, the Op only has 40 posts and admits to getting help on how to post a picture.

shawnsim

Reaction score
After lurking for 4 years I see things differently. I have the handle on the posters here.

godawg

Reaction score
Shawnsim, no need to get bent out of shape. I've been on this site for some time and you just can't have a thin skin. Some folks will always want to put others down, act like they have superior knowledge, information, whatever, but most of the folks on this site with high post counts don't act like that. Usually, when folks announce their maiden post on Net, they are greeted with open arms. Like any group there are bound to be a few a-holes, but over all this is a friendly bunch. I may be an avid fan, but I bring very little special knowledge to my posts, and usually I don't get a lot of shite for it. If people give me shite, and they do (usually the information nazis), I just let it slide. Keeps the blood pressure down.

OP
OP
Tempest_Crow

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Wow shawnism, please do not speak for me. I have been a part of this community since 2000. When it was originally "scout" I believe. Don't remember really because when the split happened it took me awhile to find .net. As I have stated in the past I don't normally post because if I take the time to read a post someone already covers what I want to say and there's no sense on repeating myself or restating what's been said. But like you've said people are finding it easier to express themselves because of the winning team. There's more to talk about then the doom and gloom.

The above picture is how a lot of other fans think of Seahawk fans. WE know better but others don't. That's why it can be funny for most of us. We've all gone through it before in 2005 most recently. You probably remember. So take a step down from your soapbox and look around and see that most of those around you are just like you. Proud and excited and a little sensitive to outside influence!

rsm650

Reaction score
I'll be honest - I'm pretty much a bandwagoner. When I was living in Washington I only bought single game tickets and made the long ass bus ride to Qwest when the Seahawks were doing well...Didn't have enough time for season tickets and only had enough money for 1 or 2 games a season. I skimped out on lost seasons even though the tickets were dirt cheap. I'm so sorry! However, I never stopped supporting the Hawks even in the most dire seasons.

Whew, finally got this off my chest :D

Oh yeah, and that picture is very funny! LOL