Who in nat'l sports media will pick the 9'er over the Hawks?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I can't wait... someone out there will, you know they will. Please... bring me the predictions that the 9'er will beat the Hawks!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think the majority of talking heads are basically gonna say "well, Seahawks looked good last week, but I'm gonna give it to the 49ers at home. They're just too good and the Seahawks with a 5-1 road record just aren't the same on the road." Then we will all involuntarily throw up.

Game day comes and after it's all said and done we will all laugh and be merry after we crush the 9ers spirits once again.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Just saw Douche & Douche also known as Mike & Mike say they are both picking Frisco this week. Will enjoy their squirming next Monday morning.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This game means a lot more to SF than it does Seattle and that will make a lot of national pundits pick SF.

Little do they know that this game means a lot to Seattle. A chance to lock up the division, possibly knock SF out of the playoffs and prove for another week NFC dominance.

I expect RW to have another outstanding game and if our receivers continue to catch the ball the way they did (besides Kearse's goal line drop) I agree by saying this game isn't close.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Niners are favored by 3.5 right now, which is saying they're .5 points better than us there, with the average HFA getting 3 points.

I don't find this unreasonable; we haven't won there since 2008. Also, like someone said above, the Niners NEED this in a way we don't.

Both teams can't stand eachother so they're both going to play hard. They were calling us SheHawks and I'm betting our guys won't let that go. Being an underdog will also fuel our guys.

I'm not worried about the game, I think we win by 10 points honestly. But being the underdog doesn't offend me.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
You just got to wonder how anybody is stupid enough to call our 5 -1 road record lousy. And with the Niners down three games, how can anybody think they're just the greatest thing since sliced bread? I mean, c'mon now. Sure, pick the whiners in a close hard-fought game, it may happen. But to think this is anything close to a slam-dunk for them is just plain laughable.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1n6vjpg1 said:
Trent Dildofer, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Skip Clueless...............the usual haters.

Young was all over Seattle last night. I bet he'll pick the Seahawks.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
There are some very good arguments for picking either way, imo.

We seem to have the Niners' number now, but both of those last two games in which we've destroyed them were in Seattle.

The last time we faced them in SF, Wilson was still developing, and it showed in our offensive output. Plus, we were coming off an emotional, big win against the Patriots.

I can easily see some talking heads looking at our big win over NO, looking at SF playing at home and winning their last two in a convincing manner, and looking at Crabtree's return to top target status as reasons to pick the Niners. And those are fair arguments... they may not end up being right, but they're fair.

BamKam

Reaction score
I would say a lot. The National Media loves the 49ers and want them so desperately to be better than us.

Anyone watch First Take? Bayless and Smith always talk about "the only hope of someone beating Seattle at home". You can tell in their faces they hate admitting we are for real too.

There are a few on board with us like Trey Wingo and Adam Schefter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Both teams are playing well, but the niners are a very desperate team fighting for their playoff lives...................at home...................with revenge on their mind.

So I wouldn't expect what you saw last night to happen on Sunday. Should be a close game.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
With the Seahawk getting better under more challenging circumstances (losing key starters) and Wilson "in the groove".
Mouths hanging open in the football world while we play OUR GAMES. Clowns are all those picking our opponents to beat us, they might as well color their hair and ride a unicycle while juggling!

NorCal

Reaction score
I actually don't think this game means that much to the niners' season either. In the end, I think it will only influence whether the Niners are the 5 or 6 seed. With the injuries on the Oline this week, I have no clue what they do. My guess is they try to throw it a lot. Hope its a good game.

Edit: Clarification

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NorCal":w4tickxa said:
I actually don't think this game means that much to the niners either. In the end, I think it will only influence whether the Niners are the 5 or 6 seed. With the injuries on the Oline this week, I have no clue what they do. My guess is they try to throw it a lot. Hope its a good game.

This game means EVERYTHING to the niners. Football is about pride as much as anything, and the Niners are going to be hell bent on showing the Hawks that they don't think they're done being the best team in the NFC West, or the NFC.

Never ever discount pride, rivalry and revenge in sports.

NorCal

Reaction score
I'm not saying they won't be up for the game. Of course they will. I think these two teams genuinely hate each other. But its not a do or die game. That comes in January

Kaiser

Reaction score
i'm not sure you noticed that the 49ers are hanging like a dingleberry to that 6th seed, and if they lose there are 3 teams that can tie them for it. not really a nonchalant place to be in entering week 15.

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2f93tqbg said:
Trent Dildofer, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Skip Clueless...............the usual haters.

Skip hasn't picked against us since Sherman calling the media idiots. He owned up and said he wouldn't pick against us again. Steven A picked the saints though.