Will Pete win COTY

• Yes

Votes: 52 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 59.4%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There is chatter about Russell Wilson being in the MVP race, but how about Pete Carroll? If the race ended today I'd say Pete would be very deserving of the COTY award.. and likely in a heated battle with Sean Payton, Andy Reid and perhaps Ron Rivera or Rex Ryan.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I think he deserved it last year and was snubbed. I would love for him to get it and he deserves it, but I think Reid gets it this year.

KK84

Reaction score
Barring a collapse, Reid has this one in the bag. Right next to a ham sandwich.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I see it going to Reid (who is not undeserving).

Pete's consolation prize will have to be a Lombardi.

Axx

Reaction score
Sean payton will prob win because hes the nfls golden boy

kearly

Reaction score
Reid will lose a few games, I suspect a few of them will be ugly losses as well. I think Pete's got a great shot, especially if the Seahawks finish 15-1 with victories over the Saints, 49ers (twice) and Carolina. Some blowout wins would certainly help the cause.

Obviously the press disagrees with me, but I think it's silly how coaches who benefit from obvious outlier seasons usually win this award. This award needs to be going to the best top coach having the best season, IMO.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Axx":2mzs3bss said:
Sean payton will prob win because hes the nfls golden boy

Golden boy that they banished for a year?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
My vote goes to Pete. Seattle is Top 10 in efficiency rating for offense (#8), defense (#3) and special teams (#2). That's complete team coaching.

The media will vote for Reid and his 12-13 wins over -.500 teams.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Coach of the decade, more like it. Dude took a very broken franchise, one with a tendency for giving up when the games started getting away from them, and turned it into the NFL's most feared team. We are now the benchmark for how one goes about building a championship team in four years.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If Peter were coaching a different team, I think he'd win.

drdiags

Reaction score
I thought Pete was good for it last year, but the Colts story carried more weight with the voters (who are other NFL folks, not writers. The writers do MVP, NFL Folks do HC and FO honors).

I think Reid or Payton will get it this year. I would consider Pete and he would get my vote, but I am biased so that doesn't count for much.

nsport

Reaction score
Andy Reid right now for his turn-around of the Chiefs - but they'll probably have 2-3 losses by the end of the year. Carroll absolutely deserves the award in my opinion over Reid though. I would admit it'd be a neck-neck race.

Laloosh

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that Pete should fake a heart attack and cut his wife's break lines?

I'm on board as long as the media attention doesn't affect us on Sundays.

Sac

Reaction score
I'd love it if it were Pete, but Andy Reid took a zero to hero. Even if they lose 3 games down the stretch and have to take a wild card, Reid will win.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seems like certain coaches get a lot of credit for taking over rosters loaded with 1st round talent and looking good because the last coach was so incompetent.

Amazingly, Alex Smith was involved both times!