Urghh!

Nearpost

Reaction score
Just realized we are 49'er fans next week. I am assuming we want a two win lead over all our NFC rivals.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I'm cheering for the Saints. They still have two games vs. Carolina coming up plus I like our chances beating them at home in a few weeks anyway.

I love the fact that they play SF, Seattle, St. Louis and Carolina twice over the next 6 weeks. Those are physical teams with very good defensive lines. This leads me to think that they are going to lose a few games (and more importantly get beat up in the process.)

Watching that SF game yesterday was awesome because not only did they lose but they took a physical beating too.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Saints. Securing division is first priority.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
TwilightError":1wnrylfc said:
I'm rooting for the Saints. Securing division is first priority.

Exactly.. Plus we ain't letting the saints beat us at home on Monday night in a season defining game.. Plus saints will lose one or both games to the Panther guarantee!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
My confidence in my team and a modicum of self respect prevent me from ever, ever rooting for the god forsaken niners!

Blaze

Reaction score
I was about to mention this, for me I will be rooting for the saints.

red17hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2dvcvevt said:
The more 49ers lose the easier it is to claim the division. Go Saints!

Absolutely! We will take care of business at home on 12/2. For now, let's just get 49ers deeper into their misery.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Just looking at schedules I'm not sure I could justify rooting for the 49ers.

Excluding this game against the saints, the only two threats on their schedule are the Rams and Seahawks and both of those games are at home. They play @Washington but the redskins aren't very impressive. Outside of that they play Tampa, Atlanta, and Arizona. I'd probably put there record in those games somewhere around 6-1 or 5-2, for a final record of 11-5. I honestly think we will beat them - there is no great home field advantage at candlestick, no reason to think we can't just play our style of football and beat them.

Saints schedule is not so favorable. They have to play the Panthers twice, Seattle, and @ the Rams who are apparently no joke and that close game against them suddenly doesn't look so bad. Their defense disarmed the colts. They play @atlanta and vs. tampa which should be wins but they are also division games. I see no less than 3 more losses for the Saints.

So in reality i don't see the 49ers or Saints (or lions for that matter) finishing any better than 12-4, while I can't fathom the Seahawks dropping more than two of their last 6 games and should finish no worse than 13-3.

Of course this is all moot if the Seahawks just do what they are fully capable of doing, and that is winning the rest of their games.

JonRud

Reaction score
there are pros and cons to either.

Yes - I would love the Saints to lose so we can get 2 games ahead of them for the #1 seed and not make 12/2 a 'must' win.

But I would also like SF to lose to secure the division title...and also I would love SF to collapse and miss the playoffs though that is not too likely. But I would prefer to get them out of the playoffs entirely if possible, same with GB.

so next Sunday this game is a no win / no lose type of game. Gun to my head I probably root for the Saints to lose as I just want the #1 seed at any cost.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im rooting for the Saints. If the 49ers lose and we go to 10-1 the Division is pretty much ours. The Saints still have alot of tough games coming up and worst case Scenario id rather be 2nd seed than a Wildcard