Urghh!

Anguish

Reaction score
Steve2222":2x9u1pju said:
Anguish":2x9u1pju said:
Steve2222":2x9u1pju said:
Lol well if you'd still cheer against the 49ers in that situation I provided you are in fact not a fan of the Seahawks. And I think everyone on this board would agree. No pounding my chest at all. That literally makes no sense for a Seahawks fan to do.

I seriously doubt there would be ANYONE on this board that would agree with you about my Seahawks fandom if they had any idea what they were talking about, but I digress.

Hypothetical Situation.....

2014 Season

Week 17 Standings

Arizona 11-4
Seattle 10-5 (own the tiebreaker against Arizona)
San Francisco 8-7

Week 17 Games

Arizona @ San Francisco
Tampa Bay @ Seattle

Who are you cheering for in that AZ @ SF game?

I'm cheering for Godzilla to put us all out of our misery, which seems as likely as that fantasy hypothetical situation you have posed. (Cardinals @ 11-4... giggle) But, in the real world, I wouldn't be cheering.
Electric football godzilla

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I had this conversation with some people about this same match up last year when it looked like the Saints might be in striking distance of the wildcard. I remain as steadfast as ever in my assertion that you NEVER want a division rival to win until the point at which you have the division locked up. After that you can start worrying about seeding. But you always want the division first. Go Saints!

dbmack

Reaction score
Anguish":1b4924x1 said:
I will never EVER root for a 49ers win.
:13:

and I'm married to a 49er fan. It is kind of funny though - mr dbmack hasn't watched the 49ers/Panthers game on Rewind yet and still has no idea they lost. I offered him the laptop to hook up to the tv this morning so he can watch it and he said "maybe later". It is so hard not to say outloud "Niners lost!!!" but I do keep saying "9-1". Thank goodness he also likes the Seahawks so he doesn't find me annoying when I say that. :D

vant

Reaction score
Division first. We do NOT have the division locked up. We could lose NO@SEA, we can lose SEA@SF, and we may even drop another. That'd put us at 12-4. If the 49ers win out, they'd be at 13-3 and win the division.

GO SAINTS!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Seahawks just need to play their game the rest of the season and it'll all shake out favorable with both div and hfa. We play both teams, we're up on both of them. Just play your game, Seahawks.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'm not rooting for anyone in this game. I'll root for a tie.

I do, however, think a NO win is better for us. Losing out to NO would put us at the #2 seed. Losing out to SF would put us at the #5 seed. We need to win the division first and then worry about HFA second.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
So here's some fun info:

Let's assume that the Saints beat the 49ers, but SF manages to right their ship enough to beat Washington and St. Louis afterward. That puts them at 8-4.

If we beat the Vikings and the Saints, that means we go into the game @SF with a 12-1 record.

In other words, THAT is the game when we clinch the division (you know, assuming that Arizona doesn't reel off 4 straight wins between now and then).

kinesmajor

Reaction score
Steve2222":35k9ztq2 said:
kinesmajor":35k9ztq2 said:
Anguish":35k9ztq2 said:
I will never EVER root for a 49ers win.

Yep

Hypothetically speaking in a future season, you wouldnt cheer for the 49ers Week 17 playing against the Rams/Cards who are tied for the NFC West #1 at 11-4 with Seattle?

You'd still root against SF even though it helps Seattle? I wouldn't really call you a Seahawks fan if that was the case. Just a huge 49ers hater.

Question my fanhood. Yawn. No I would not root for the 49ers. A real fan of the Seahawks wouldn't. They would root for the rams/cards to lose. I would cheer they lost, not that the 9ers win.

You sound like a closet 9er fan to me!

When we where in the afc I didn't care about the 9ers. Now they are our rival. As simple as that.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Let me put on my mod hat....

Guys, enough with the "Real Fan" BS. It's a no-go around here

Sac

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2dz6yi90 said:
Let me put on my mod hat....

Guys, enough with the "Real Fan" BS. It's a no-go around here

A "real" mod wouldn't say that....oh wait...:grin:

BlueTalons

Reaction score
kinesmajor":5lyca4tf said:
Question my fanhood. Yawn. No I would not root for the 49ers. A real fan of the Seahawks wouldn't. They would root for the rams/cards to lose. I would cheer they lost, not that the 9ers win.
Exactly. You are cheering for a team to lose as opposed to cheering the other team to win. In no way does a team winning help the Hawks...it's the team losing that helps.

Unless you are talking about gaining SOV... :hmmmm:

GO HAWKS!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
As long as the Niners are mathematically capable of winning the division, I want them to lose.

Winning the division is of great importance because not only does it give the Hawks at least one home game, if the Niners make it past two playoff games on the road (which they are very capable of) if the Seahawks do not have HFA throughout, we could still have the NFCC at The Clink. I want it all, but I want that division title more than anything right now. Getting distance between the Niners allows for a larger margin of error.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The Saints look like they are rolling, both running and passing. Don't let that Jets loss fool you. Brees had to throw like 3 picks for the Jets to be in that game.

9ers D won't allow as many points as Dallas did last night, but I don't see how 9ers can keep up with the Saints scoring, especially if their 2 starting TEs are out. They rely on that TE package a lot. Stop Gore and you've made them one dimensional. They are due for at least 2 more losses this season.

We just have to take care of the Saints on that Monday night, win the other games we should win, and we should be good. :les:

Latest posts