Urghh!

Steve2222

Reaction score
kinesmajor":1v3k40z6 said:
Anguish":1v3k40z6 said:
I will never EVER root for a 49ers win.

Yep

Hypothetically speaking in a future season, you wouldnt cheer for the 49ers Week 17 playing against the Rams/Cards who are tied for the NFC West #1 at 11-4 with Seattle?

You'd still root against SF even though it helps Seattle? I wouldn't really call you a Seahawks fan if that was the case. Just a huge 49ers hater.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Win the division and beat the Saints at home along the way is the only thing I can cheer for. We can actually have that mentality with this team, finally.

Anguish

Reaction score
Steve2222":1zgpq64i said:
kinesmajor":1zgpq64i said:
Anguish":1zgpq64i said:

Yep

Hypothetically speaking in a future season, you wouldnt cheer for the 49ers Week 17 playing against the Rams/Cards who are tied for the NFC West #1 at 11-4 with Seattle?

You'd still root against SF even though it helps Seattle? I wouldn't really call you a Seahawks fan if that was the case. Just a huge 49ers hater.

Question my fandom all you like. Beyond that, spot on!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Really, the main thing I want out of that game is for both teams to beat the snot out of each other. But I want the digits to lose, because reading their board after a loss is so entertaining. And I want their obnoxious fans to be completely demoralized.

(I don't want their non-obnoxious fans to be demoralized, but I'd prefer it to their obnoxious fans being happy.)

Steve2222

Reaction score
I'm also more confident in us beating NO in Seattle than I am us beating SF at Candlestick. Another reason I'm cheering for NO.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
You would be crazy to root for the 49ers in this game. Winning the division is everything. It's difference between playing three road games in the playoffs vs. just one or none. Getting the #1 seed is cool for bragging rights, but it doesn't determine anything. Neither #1 seed made the Super Bowl last year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Anguish":259j1rdf said:
Steve2222":259j1rdf said:
kinesmajor":259j1rdf said:
Anguish":259j1rdf said:

Yep

So you admit you WOULD cheer for SF if it helps Seattle out?

Steve2222

Reaction score
DavidSeven":14q13ekv said:
You would be crazy to root for the 49ers in this game. Winning the division is everything. It's difference between playing three road games in the playoffs vs. just one or none. Getting the #1 seed is cool for bragging rights, but it doesn't determine anything. Neither #1 seed made the Super Bowl last year.

With The Seahawks, getting the #1 Seed is almost as close to a certainty of going to the Super Bowl as you're going to get.

Anguish

Reaction score
Steve2222":122o4dyu said:
Anguish":122o4dyu said:
Steve2222":122o4dyu said:

Where did I admit that? I admitted to being a huge 49ers hater while letting you pound your chest and tell me I'm not a real Seahawks fan.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I could not care less, I root for no other team. Let them play their little games, let them feel like they are a contender. Reality bites. Anyone who faces us will be shaken then breakin'.

All other bets on hold.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Steve2222":1zi3qqce said:
DavidSeven":1zi3qqce said:

With The Seahawks, getting the #1 Seed is almost as close to a certainty of going to the Super Bowl as you're going to get.

Disagree. THIS YEAR's team has not shown huge variance in home vs. away games. @Arizona and @Atlanta were arguably the two best games they played, and both were on the road. They've looked beatable at home against Tampa Bay and Tennessee. Could have easily lost to Green Bay and New England last year at C-Link. HFA guarantees nothing. However, having to travel for three consecutive weeks takes its toll, and avoiding that should be the #1 objective above all else.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Anguish":101gdk1p said:
Steve2222":101gdk1p said:
Anguish":101gdk1p said:
Steve2222":101gdk1p said:

Where did I admit that? I admitted to being a huge 49ers hater while letting you pound your chest and tell me I'm not a real Seahawks fan.

Lol well if you'd still cheer against the 49ers in that situation I provided you are in fact not a fan of the Seahawks. And I think everyone on this board would agree. No pounding my chest at all. That literally makes no sense for a Seahawks fan to do.

Anguish

Reaction score
Steve2222":1mg3dg91 said:
Lol well if you'd still cheer against the 49ers in that situation I provided you are in fact not a fan of the Seahawks. And I think everyone on this board would agree. No pounding my chest at all. That literally makes no sense for a Seahawks fan to do.

I seriously doubt there would be ANYONE on this board that would agree with you about my Seahawks fandom if they had any idea what they were talking about, but I digress.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Anguish":2qk6jxny said:
Steve2222":2qk6jxny said:

I seriously doubt there would be ANYONE on this board that would agree with you about my Seahawks fandom if they had any idea what they were talking about, but I digress.

Hypothetical Situation.....

2014 Season

Week 17 Standings

Arizona 11-4
Seattle 10-5 (own the tiebreaker against Arizona)
San Francisco 8-7

Week 17 Games

Arizona @ San Francisco
Tampa Bay @ Seattle

Who are you cheering for in that AZ @ SF game?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ewoejrp said:
Anguish":2ewoejrp said:

It would behoove you to take a look at the water you're about to dive into. You might find it rather shallow.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
No question for me. I'll be a saints fan along with father Sarducci (think that's his name or is it Guido?) for that game. If we can't beat the Saints in our house then we got bigger problems going into the playoffs.

Here's the real kicker though. If the Saints win then all AZ has to do is beat the Jag's to be tied at 6-4 with the Niners and the final game between the two played in AZ.

With all the shit talk by Niner fans during the offseason that we are pretenders and will be exposed and lucky to go 500 this year and all year long the only reason we have won any game is because we are lucky and the ref's help us out every game while our DB's hold every play and Pete teach's our players to cheat on and on. Our success is satisfying in more ways than one and their failures are nearly as delicious.

The best way for this season to go is for us to get the #1 seed while the Cardinals overtake the Niners for second place and we go on to win the super bowl.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
TwilightError":3qmy7iil said:
I'm rooting for the Saints. Securing division is first priority.

This. If we don't secure the division, nothing else matters we're a wild card plain and simple. If we lose to the Saints and 49ers (which I doubt), then we'll still be okay if the saints win today.

themunn

Reaction score
Steve2222":us4z3m1w said:
Anguish":us4z3m1w said:
Steve2222":us4z3m1w said:

2014 Season

Week 17 Standings

Arizona 11-4
San Francisco 8-7

Week 17 Games

Arizona @ San Francisco
Tampa Bay @ Seattle

Both teams to be disqualified

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Steve2222":2nhooep6 said:
Anguish":2nhooep6 said:
Steve2222":2nhooep6 said:

2014 Season

Week 17 Standings

Arizona 11-4
San Francisco 8-7

Week 17 Games

Arizona @ San Francisco
Tampa Bay @ Seattle

Why are you beating this horse? Is it important for you to feel like you have proven yourself the better Seahawks fan?

Your talking in the heat of the moment and I understand his point but I am pretty sure by next year when things could be way different and we haven't been trolled by Niner fans for a while, he would see things differently but right now they are relevant and obnoxious.

Drop it already. Your making a strawman argument towards a fellow Seahawk fan. It's a waste of energy.