Urghh!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I never root for the Niners to win.

I just look at this weekend as a win-win scenario. There are good things that come out of either team winning.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
If the Saints beat the 49ers next week, in all likelihood the WORST we would get is the 2nd seed. If the 49ers beat the Saints it makes the 1st seed slightly easier to obtain, but keeps the division race alive. I think winning the division is more important, but either way I'm happy. I think I just won't worry about who wins this one. We're in a good situation either way and we control our own destiny.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you assume we will beat the Saints at home (which you should be), then we want the Saints to beat the niners, which barring a total collapse assures us the NFC West title, which gets us one step closer to home field advantage.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I think the 9ers goose is cooked. They really screwed themselves losing to the Panthers at home. They are beat up and going to NO where it will be extremely difficult for them to win and your starting safety for the 49ers????? **drumroll** Craig Dahl. Eric Reid suffered his 2nd concussion so I can't see him playing this Sunday. I would also circle their last game at Arizona; that could be for a wild card spot.

Sac

Reaction score
TheWalrus":336p6nzf said:
I'm cheering for the Saints. They still have two games vs. Carolina coming up plus I like our chances beating them at home in a few weeks anyway.

:13:

rsRyno

Reaction score
I would much rather the fate of home field lie with us than to root for the Niners to beat the Saints. Heck, I'd rather not get home field than to root for the Niners.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawker84":1xe4xlk1 said:
Anguish":1xe4xlk1 said:
I will never EVER root for a 49ers win.

This times a gazillion. I just as soon take care of them ourselves in December. Go Saints...

The way we are playing, I think we will beat both of them so whoever loses is Gravy. Kaepernick has yet to score a touchdown on our first string defense in his career. How in the hell are the Niners going to beat the Hawks?? This game is gravy because one of them is going to lose. :thirishdrinkers:

kidhawk

Reaction score
This Saints/Niners game is a win/win for us. We have our lead on both teams, we play both teams so we control our own destiny no matter what happens, and no matter what the outcome of this game, we will put more space between us and at least one of these teams. Of course a tie would be the ultimate outcome, but with the Saints offense, I just can't see them being in a tie situation without scoring in OT. I won't actively "root" for either team, but I'm with a few people here who want to lock up our division first and foremost, and I also believe that we should beat both teams, but if I put odds on both games, I'd say we have better odds of beating the Saints than the Niners.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we all can agree on one thing. RW > Kaepernick.

How times have changed. I remember last year everyone in the media was all over Kaepernick's jock calling him the best young QB in the league. All it took was the off season, which gave the league enough time to figure out how to stop the read option, which forced Kaepernick to become a pocket passer.......which exposed his erratic accuracy.

#23 in the league

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... UARTERBACK

stack600

Reaction score
49ers at Saints, Like Eric Davis and T.D. were talking on NFL AM, The Saints at home in the Dome put up 40+ points. On the Road outdoors they are not the same team and have struggled on the road (damn that sounds familiar) So that would equal out to
Saints beat 49ers in N.O.
Seahawks Beat Saints In Clink
And then Seahawks Beat 49ers at The Stick for the last time we play there.

Go Saints this week
GO HAWKS Forever

sutz

Reaction score
I love the fact that we don't have to root for either of them. We control our own destiny. :229031_shrug:

Hawks46

Reaction score
TwilightError":2kw1yjih said:
I'm rooting for the Saints. Securing division is first priority.

This. If SF loses, they have virtually no shot at the division title.

The Saints still have a damn tough schedule ahead of them. They've split the series with the Panthers the last 2 seasons, and the Panthers have fielded their best team since 2005 this year. NO loses at least one of those games.

Plus, with less to play for, I'd love to see us crush the Niners at their house. This could be the start of a physcial domination of a division rival that could really get into their heads.

NO looks damned good, but we should be able to beat them at home. If not, what's to say they don't come here and beat us in the playoffs? I don't want to give them confidence.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Saints still have to play the Panthers twice. Other than The Saints and Seahawks, SF doesn't have anymore challenges.

I'm cheering for the Saints.