Is it just me?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I am a football fan, more important I am a Seahawk fan. For the last few years when the Hawks season ends...I am done...Done. I can't watch any more, the conference round or even the superbowl. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? :shock:

NYCoug

Reaction score
Nope, not just you. With the way the league has catered it's game to the pass attack and numerous other things that have turned me off to the NFL, I've become a Seahawks fan and a Seahawks fan only. I can still appreciate a great play and a great game (like the Denver/Bal game, I watched that and loved it, but with the sound off) but I'm done with awful officiating, terrible commentating, biased media perceptions, pink jerseys, countless awful commercials, etc. It's really become a joke.

Now, I just go to Carlow East, get nuts with a bunch of other Hawks fans, and could care less about who wins any other game in the NFL. You are not alone.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Nope. Games from here out hold little interest. I'll watch them if I don't have anything better going on, but I'm not going to carve out a four-hour chunk of my time and ensure I can watch it at all costs. (Meaning that like a lot of other games during the season, it'll probably be on in the background while I work or surf the web.)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'll still watch all the remaining games except the Pro Bowl, which is a total waste of time.

Always looking to see what other teams are doing and how they accomplish it.

hawker84

Reaction score
i will watch the niner game, to see how ATL fairs with them, but probably not the AFC game... and depending on who's in the SB, i may or may not watch..

WSUhawk4life

Reaction score
I am typically a huge football fan, and normally when the Hawks season ends I find my self still looking forward to watching playoff football.
However, this year I just seem to not care as much about the other games going on this weekend. It's probably because of the fashion we lost in.

Maybe on Sunday some football will help. I doubt it though because as others have stated, the ECB and crappy commentators have wore me out.

Zowert

Reaction score
Thats usually the case with me too. But i'm going to watch the Niners/Falcons game. I can't stand Jim Harbaugh. The guy is a major D-bag. So it would be wonderful to see his dreams crushed in Atlanta.

bingotown

Reaction score
I'll watch if I'm free but I won't set aside the time to watch like I do the hawks. I will keep an eye to see who knocks off the whiners.

drdiags

Reaction score
I will watch the conference finals and Superbowl. There are always some interesting story lines and I like witnessing history as close to firsthand as I can. Now if I were 20 years younger, I might be doing something else with my time but my Greek god physique is toast, so motivation to flaunt it is gone.

JonRud

Reaction score
I will watch Sunday just to hope Atlanta wins and I can watch Harbaugh act like a dickhead in the press conference. that would put the only smile on my face this week.

djb28

Reaction score
I have always been this way. I watch two sports. Seattle football and Hockey , Detroit and nothing else matters. I will put other games on and watch from a far or while on my pc or doing stuff throughout the day, But It has no grip on me like a Seahawks game. In fact it is so bad that Last week my girl had family over. It was unseasonably warm, so she said. "I knew your game was on so I got everything outside this morning. I told everyone to stay outside and not walk in your TV path!"

LMAO. That is a good girl! She knows whats up!

I do appreciate her efforts. But nothing else matters But Seahawks football when it is on and I think she appreciates that I am not an NFL frenzy fan that I spend 13 hours in front of the TV and watch each and every game avoiding other important things in life!

The Radish

Reaction score
I mentioned this elsewhere and in the past. When the Seahawks lose their last game football season is over.

I wouldn't walk across the lawn if you paid me to watch other teams play. I mean,,,what's the point?

There is no NFL, merely Seahawks football.

:les:

p.s. since the season is over for me its time to change the last few weeks winning avatar and desktop.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The Radish":p862q8bf said:
I mentioned this elsewhere and in the past. When the Seahawks lose their last game football season is over.

I wouldn't walk across the lawn if you paid me to watch other teams play. I mean,,,what's the point?

:les:

You've summed it up perfectly, Les. This is EXACTLY how I feel.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The Radish":1yh51mtn said:
I mean,,,what's the point?

Yep.

Time is valuable, on to other things on the weekend that have a higher priority than watching other NFL teams.

Next time I'll watch is when the Seahawks are picking their 1st round pick in the draft!

ParisPC07

Reaction score
I'll watch the rest of the season this year because I don't work on Sundays. I'll watch the Super Bowl, too. It just doesn't feel the same. My attention span wanes, etc.

Largent80

Reaction score
I had Sunday ticket all of this year and did not watch a single game outside of the Hawks. I simply am not interested to see other teams playing for what I feel should be ours.

Coxal

Reaction score
Same feelings here... But if the Pats are not in the SB this year I might be watching because the matchup will bring some fresh air on this league (Atlanta-Baltimore would be fun).

Btw I do like watching college football.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
It's still NFL football of which I am a fan. So, while there isn't as much attention, I still watch and enjoy.

SirTed

Reaction score
I figured it out this year, actually.

It totally depends on how the Seahawks do.

If the Hawks are a 4-12 team that was never in contention then I can watch the playoffs, I'll pick a team or two that I'm rooting for, etc. This year, I probably would've picked the Ravens and Texans.

But because the Seahawks made the playoffs, had a better than decent shot at winning the whole damn thing, once they're done, I'm done.

It's just too heart breaking when I know the Seahawks could have won it all.