Was this game the type that we needed?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I was worried early in the game that Jeff Fisher was giving our playoff contenders some ammunition against Russell, since they seemed to keep him well contained. Then I started thinking about the way Russell prepares, and I think we got just as much ammunition to fight what teams might try to do against him in the future. The more different things he sees, the better he gets and if he can find the openings in the defenses that teams are going to throw against him, he can be prepared to grind out an offense against it.

on a team level, I think it was good for us to have to fight a bit after 3 straight blow out wins. It was good for us to have to stuggle and overcome that adversity and be grounded a bit in the process. Going to Washington/Dallas/Green Bay/San Francisco/Atlanta will not be an easy road. We faced down a very good (despite their record) Rams team and managed a win. I think it might have been just what this young team needed.

GO HAWKS!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wilson isn't going to see nearly the same level of defense against the NFC East team he plays. (Right now, Redskins who have one of the worst pass defenses in the league.) So in a sense, it is good for him, but in another, I don't know that it's going to make any difference in his preparations.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Good wake-up call, because now the Seahawks players know that they have to get real and in a hurry, as NOBODY should be taken for granted.
I do agree that Wilson will just keep stokeing the experience into his bag of D-Reads, but what I want to see, is the O=Line to get their asses in gear on Pass Protection because Wilson doesn't need to learn how to overcome inept play by the guys that are counted on to keep him upright, and healthy.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I think the whole team probably needed a refresher that every week is not going to be a blowout. It's probably a good thing that this happened before the playoffs.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The toughest defenses we play are in the against the NFC, bar none.

drdiags

Reaction score
I saw some shots of the games they were playing on Sweezy. His head was probably swimming. I would bet Sweezy is going to be on a short leash next week. Haslett is going to be attacking that B Gap with just as intricate DL gaming as the Rams did.

olyfan63

Reaction score
What were they doing to Sweezy? Please share some details. There was a recent thread on Moffitt being inactive, in favor of Sweezy, for the Rams game. Curious to hear a new take on Sweezy based on the Rams game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to see RW get out of the pocket sooner next Sunday. Roll outs will be most beneficial, early and often to counter the aggressive blitzing we will see.

JKent82

Reaction score
I think so. I'd like to have had it occur with better execution but I think this was good for the Hawks in the end. I feel like the playbook was all little constrained this week as well.

Next Sundays gonna be fun!