Wilson: unselfish

fav13259

Reaction score
Running that TD when he could have passed it to get the record. That's putting the team first, giving the Seahawks a W and extra momentum going into the playoffs instead of thinking about himself and the record... God I love our QB

quadsas

Reaction score
I would've been happier if he passed there. He had an open man.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Russell deserved the record, plus they were offsides so it was a free play. But he made the play to help the "team" win the game so I'll take it.

SDakota Hawk

Reaction score
Is it just regular season that counts for the record? I can't find anything that says it cannot continue next week in the WC round.

Pstark3

Reaction score
I think that him running it in speaks more about the type of QB he is more than breaking the rookie record would. Him giving up fame for himself for the better of the team epitomizes "DangeRuss"

Cartire

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1qtltrf1 said:
That's exactly what I thought. They gave him the play to get it. Rather than risk anything for it all, he played it safe and ran it in. Well done, Russell! And congrats on tying a really, really big record!
It's just regular season. All records are held to that standard unless otherwise mentioned. The only ones usually mentioned are consecutive streaks, and even they show different stats for both.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3lv85w9x said:
That's exactly what I thought. They gave him the play to get it. Rather than risk anything for it all, he played it safe and ran it in. Well done, Russell! And congrats on tying a really, really big record!

He was probably just too nervous to break the record :mrgreen:

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2x8hdq8t said:

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Russell wanted it and I'm sure everyone wanted it. Then he just said screw it and ran it in for the touchdown. Now I'm just hoping Wilson gets the OROY which he rightfully deserves.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
RW is all about team wins and not individual stats. That's a leader. If he throws it, he could miss it, could be batted down, ... etc. He is confident in his legs ... just go get it and he did.

MarinersFanBart

Reaction score
I highly doubt he was even thinking about the record during the play. He only cares about winning games.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He was thinking about it. He said in post game that he was about to toss it to, I think Zach, but that breaking the record isn't who he is so he ran it in.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
That was an awesome play. I was telling my wife all about it and said, "See you can tell he was thinking of shovel passing it right there, but he pulled it back and did the sure thing." He's a total class act. I love how honest he is about everything, it seems. When interviewed on NFL Network, I think, he said,"Yeah I think bout being compared to those other guys (other rookie QB's) and yeah I want to be the best." That said he will always put team first. Super cool!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How many TD's did Payton rush for that season anyway? I mean what is the rookie QB record for total TD's?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Timberhawk":10nqte3k said:
That was an awesome play. I was telling my wife all about it and said, "See you can tell he was thinking of shovel passing it right there, but he pulled it back and did the sure thing." He's a total class act. I love how honest he is about everything, it seems. When interviewed on NFL Network, I think, he said,"Yeah I think bout being compared to those other guys (other rookie QB's) and yeah I want to be the best." That said he will always put team first. Super cool!

Totally. I could see he was thinking about it during the play and decided screw it and run it in, because that's what was open.
I was hoping he'd pass it, but he knew running was the correct read and sure thing, and he couldn't help himself, with the game on the line.
Too bad the Rams didn't cut off the run and force him to throw for it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":29dcn05a said:
How many TD's did Payton rush for that season anyway? I mean what is the rookie QB record for total TD's?

I dont know if its the record or not but Cam Newton had 35 last year. 21 throwing, 14 rushing.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1ixgm1rx said:
RW is all about team wins and not individual stats. That's a leader. If he throws it, he could miss it, could be batted down, ... etc. He is confident in his legs ... just go get it and he did.

Exactly! :th2thumbs: