Sherman baiting the QBs

Galen96

Reaction score
Anyone else notice this in the SF game? He did it early in the game in the endzone, and almost came up with it, but then did it on the EXACT same play later and got the pick?

I noticed he purposefully fell behind the receiver and came shallow and then turned on the jets on both plays and in the last second breaks for the ball...

AMAZING player!

Pstark3

Reaction score
Best thing is with the interception he grabbed, "normal sized" Corners rarely make that play, and may have been a touchdown.. Not a whole lot that Handikaep could have done with that throw without overthrowing, just an amazing play by sherm

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Like many of our current seahawks , i hope they are Hawks for life. But especially for Sherman.

The Radish

Reaction score
Al Michaels noted the first time and mentioned Kapernick should have learned from that throw. After the second he said "he clearly didn't learn from the first time".

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Haha.. I do it in tennis all the time..show them the green.. their eyes light up. and then you close on it..
boom

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":h6dbxkqv said:
Not gonna say it...he is a Master at it, but not gonna say it... :p

What's wrong with saying he is a master baiter? We finally have a hard nose team and a corner with some major swag who's also a master baiter, and the problem? If our '05 defense had some better master baiters we win the super bowl and we all would've been so happy it would've been better than mastu--- oh, I get it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
It's really going to hurt us if he is suspended. He is so much better than Browner. The team didn't miss his play at all. It will miss Sherman. (praying he delays a suspension or get's it dropped)

OP
OP
Galen96

Galen96

Reaction score
I think Thurmond could step in for Sherm pretty comfortably. He won't get the picks that Sherm gets, but he will provide excellent coverage.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Galen96":nsc4s770 said:
I think Thurmond could step in for Sherm pretty comfortably. He won't get the picks that Sherm gets, but he will provide excellent coverage.

If he doesn't sprain an ankle putting on his shoes that is.....

OP
OP
Galen96

Galen96

Reaction score
CANHawk":331ewvzt said:
Galen96":331ewvzt said:

fair enough ;P

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Galen96":w6u4rgyl said:
CANHawk":w6u4rgyl said:
Galen96":w6u4rgyl said:

fair enough ;P

GLASS! There, I said it before someone else (cough, Dom, cough) does :p

Perfundle

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":35t5vsmj said:
Like many of our current seahawks , i hope they are Hawks for life. But especially for Sherman.
And he doesn't just bait QBs during the play. He baits them before the play too. From the Yahoo article earlier:

"I'll go say something to the quarterback," Sherman explains. "I'm like, 'Hey man, I'm over here. Don't be scared to throw it my way from time to time. I'm just your friendly neighborhood cornerback.' And then they'll throw it up. You've got to find a button, and push it.

"It worked with Tom Brady. I wasn't getting very many balls that game. I just kept, constantly, saying, 'I'm over here. I'm out here. You're not throwing it to the edge very much.' And there was a play I was lined up in the slot, we were in man coverage with [Deion] Branch, and he threw it up, and I picked it. I almost got another one he threw to [Wes] Welker.
Psychological as well as physical baiting. Very impressive.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Some of his superior intellect will rub off on Lane,Thurm and company. Sherm is bringing out the best in his backups, bringing the position to a whole new level..Go Hawks

Throwdown

Reaction score
I know some people are kinda down on him, but Lane did it on Sunday night, if he had actually catch the ball he would've been gone for 6 too.