Pete was right

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Remember when he said that they may have gotten they best player in the draft right after drafting Russell Wilson? It seamed at the time that Pete was just being PomPomPete.

It's becoming evident to me that he was sincere in that statement.

Luck or RG3 may end up being the best player, time will tell, but regardless we got a hell of a player at 75.

madbohem

Reaction score
brings up a point about Pete...

often his statements are treated dubious at best, as in people thinking its all coach speak... but every time, he has said it like he believes it be or is.

just like so many people doubted it was a real competition at the QB position.

I find it odd that Pete is so often doubted about what he says immediately and no one has really caught the fact that if you just believe what he says in the first place, you can't possibly NOT know what he is doing.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Compare that to this ... Freshman and Sophomore at NC State.
[youtube]U-wiv71nNlU[/youtube]

Watch how defenders get tired of chasing him ... poor guys.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I wish I could go back in time about 10 months and post all over the internet that Luck is getting taken #1 overall, but he'll end up being the 3rd-best QB taken in the draft.

Talk about trolling, man, that would be so much fun to do.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3k6em8vn said:
I wish I could go back in time about 10 months and post all over the internet that Luck is getting taken #1 overall, but he'll end up being the 3rd-best QB taken in the draft.

You mean like a time machine?

Uploadfromtaptalk1356405486681

Twisted

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":qjmr8bu1 said:
Remember when he said that they may have gotten they best player in the draft right after drafting Russell Wilson? It seamed at the time that Pete was just being PomPomPete.

It's becoming evident to me that he was sincere in that statement.

Luck or RG3 may end up being the best player, time will tell, but regardless we got a hell of a player at 75.

gonna go out on a limb and say RW has surpassed anyone and everyones expectations so far, maybe even his own?

I can read expressions to a degree and Russel at times has had that expression on his face "I "don't get it? I thought moving up to the NFL was going to be a lot harder, least thats what I was told"

lol, he has to be wondering whats up when he reviews film, um, when are they going to come at me? lol

best part is instead of constantly trying to fix things he can focus on the game within the game, I have to wonder if part of that inner game wasn't schooling the best defense in the league? I for one am still trying to process it all, but yea wow..

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
hawksfan515":y44xc9y8 said:
I remember Pete also compared him not to Doug Flutie or Drew Brees, but to Fran Tarkenton.

[youtube]v4AyYF_7gHQ[/youtube]

God was he right.
God that video is awesome! :th2thumbs:

largenutz

Reaction score
This thread is awesome LMAO^^^^ All that for 6 yards! Awesome, russ probably rushed for 300 yards last night! Ridiculous! Defenses gotta be gassed by the 4th quarter just from chasing him!

sc85sis

Reaction score
I can't help wondering if the coach at NC State regretted pushing Russell off the team because of baseball.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":zzcqtir6 said:
RolandDeschain":zzcqtir6 said:

You mean like a time machine?

Considering the time of year he probably meant via ghost of Christmas past. But then he couldn't troll. :?
Well, Merry Xmas yall! :th2thumbs:

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
He looks like a cat playing with a mouse in that video....so badass. Watch when the lineman comes for him, and he lunges out of the way really quickly.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
As you can imagine, the issue was discussed on talk radio here all day today and people actually wondered about something else. People wondered why coach TOB (Tom O'Brien) didn't get more out of Russell Wilson during his time here.
Watching RW methodically dissect the best defense in the NFL after just 3 months on the job, people realized that NC State could have/should have achieved more than those 7-9 win seasons.
RW was pushed out, because another QB in the waiting (Mike Glennon who was compared to Andrew Luck) threatened to leave the school, if he wasn't given a chance to play. TOB was fired a few weeks ago from NC State after another disappointing season. Glennon did produce some wins, but people here know that Russell is the guy who could have elevated the NC State Wolfpack program to new heights.
sc85sis":35lnzcbu said:
I can't help wondering if the coach at NC State regretted pushing Russell off the team because of baseball.

Seeker

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the biggest steal in any draft since Tom Brady.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilsons biggest asset is his ability to want to learn, the smartest thing he did before he was chosen was to seek out Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and pick their brains. Now it has become a regimine and he looks like Fran but studies like Brees and Manning.

For all of that and using the Football QB thread as an example he is so low key and under the radar that nobody can even try to trash talk him because he gives nobody anything to comment on.