Greatness Inspiring Greatness

NYCoug

Reaction score
When I was getting ready for the draft, I remember watching Russell Wilson highlight videos and thinking "damn, his receivers are pretty awesome." Dudes were making sick catch after sick catch. So I checked out the NC State and Wisconsin rosters and more often then not came away thinking "Who?!" The more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was just what Russell Wilson does. Never has an athlete taken the phrase "making others around him better" so literally.

It's starting to happen in Seattle now...

This team, screw it, everybody believes in Russell Wilson now. And now his greatness is starting to rub off on his teammates. These guys are willing to run through a brick wall for him right now because they've seen first hand what he's capable of and where he can lead this team. It took longer than it did in Madison for everyone to fully buy in to what the kid is capable of but now that the belief is there, greatness is set in stone. Check this out...

"He made guys look silly out there," Seahawks defensive end Red Bryant said. "This is the National Football League. He's a handful, and I'm glad I don't have to play him.""He made guys look silly out there," Seahawks defensive end Red Bryant said. "This is the National Football League. He's a handful, and I'm glad I don't have to play him."

Not gonna lie, the thought of Red Bryant chasing around Russell Wilson is a pretty funny one. Sorry Red, you're still the man!

While I believe the need for at least 1 other playmaking receiver is a real one, I'm starting to think whoever it is we pick up or draft will be the kind of guy that might not boggle the mind with his physical abilities but is someone who can consistently get seperation and be one of the same mind with Wilson. Jared Abbrederis anyone? It's a shame that Wes Welker isn't going to get any younger because I'd say he'd be the perfect fit for this offense. Then again, even with his age it might not be a bad idea. The Seahawks are opening up a window to win, although it would be a terrible move if it came instead of re-signing one of our own key guys.

Sorry, got sidetracked. Point is, I'm getting the feeling that no matter who we throw out there at WR we will see good things. Russell's greatness is rubbing off on everybody.