Bored at work has got me...

ProckHawks

Reaction score
...thinking of the future. Year 3 of the 4 year plan for the Hawks will most likley be a playoff year. Sooner then I expected. I believe we're one more draft/FA pick-ups/Offseason away to make a serious push for a Super Bowl.

I know its early but I believe we need depth at WR. Big time playmaker. 1st maybe 2nd round draft pick. Someone who'd go nicely with Rice, Tate and Baldwin.

We need a true 4 down DE to replace Clemons and to help Irvin. In the 1st or 2nd.

A big body DT. Slowing down the run has been a but of a problem since the Niners game.

Prob the biggest need. LB. KJ and Wagner are stars but I feel like they could get better at that spot. Hill is getting old and our depth isn't to deep.

Twisted

Reaction score
dunno if they need one but it sure would be a nice tool in the tool box..

did I just call seattles receivers tools? lol

Basis4day

Reaction score
ProckHawks":2bof9qqe said:
We need a true 4 down DE to replace Clemons and to help Irvin. In the 1st or 2nd.

That doesn't really fit schematically. Clemons plays the Leo, and the front office has said that they in-vision Irvin playing Leo when we no longer have Clem (He is getting older).

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think we should take a RG/RT in the first round, WR next and then go from there. Probably a DT after that.

Linebackers have proven over the years that you can find good ones later in the draft, similar to running backs actually. Especially if we have starters like KJ and Wagner, a LB could develop under them/provide welcomed depth.

OP
OP
P

ProckHawks

Reaction score
I still think we need a soild WR outta the draft. Rice is our 1 and Tate being our 2. Baldwin is great at the slot. After those guys its very thin. I really doubt Obo lasts another offseason. Kearse and Edwards aren't gonna cut it. Rice and Badlwin are injury prone. I really think we need a wideout in the 1st or 2nd round. I wouldn't mind if the Hawks drafted Robert Woods(USC), Keenan Allen(Cal) or Justin Hunter(Tenn Volts).