Want a good laugh? Power Rankings

amill87

Reaction score
Weekly ESPN power rankings are up.

I'm not pulling for a disrespect card here, in fact we are getting some respect (Sando and Fox have us 7th)

But who is this Graziano guy? His rankings are just atrocious

Cowboys, Steelers, and Lions are ranked ahead of us with a 2-3 record. Guess he ranks off what he thinks the team can do in the future not what they have actually done this season.

Power rankings

The Radish

Reaction score
amill87":2snvj9o6 said:

I'm not pulling for a disrespect card here, in fact we are getting some respect (Sando and Fox have us 7th)

Cowboys, Steelers, and Lions are ranked ahead of us with a 2-3 record. Guess he ranks off what he thinks the team can do in the future not what they have actually done this season.

Power rankings

I don't object to stillirs & Lions being ranked above us because they were/are considered better teams to start the year.

'boys however are hopefully not going to even make the playoffs and should not be considered a "superior" team at this point of the season.

:roll:

jewhawk

Reaction score
amill87":2u5am6wa said:
Not that I agree with Graziano, but isn't that what power rankings are? Here is a list of rankings based on only what the teams have done this season.

Those overall rankings seem pretty fair to me. I would probably put the Seahawks at 10 instead of 9 as I think the Broncos should be much higher.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Graziano is the NFC east blogger so I'm sure he want the teams he covers to like him and give him access. He is just looking out for his own interests there. Obviously his rankings are ridiculous, but it just underscores how meaningless power rankings are

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
amill87":251uhsbd said:

Power rankings

Someone I guess asked him about this in the chat:

OleSagginSeahawk (60 miles west of Seattle)

Indeed. One more if you have the Time. Why did do you skirt the question? How do you Rank the Cowboys above the Hawks?

Dan Graziano (12:42 PM)

I think they're better.

:lol:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Haha what a penis. He responded to a poster on the ESPN blog.

" Hi Graziano. Just visiting from the NFCW. I can maybe understand GB being above the Hawks, But How in the World do you rank the Cowboys above the Seahawks in the rankings. Thanks and keep up the biased work!"

" "I believe the Seahawks are purely a product of their home field, which is the only place they can even eke out a win. The Colorado Rockies of the NFL. And they lost to the Packers, as everyone saw, so I consider them 3-3 and not 4-2. Any more questions?""

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ask the Texans how important meaningless power rankings are.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
It is kind of funny to see a professional be such a hater. Love it.

With this much hate out there, we must be doing something right.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I think referring to that guy as "a professional" can only be done on the same level as referring to a crack whore as "a professional" in that they are only called that because in both cases they receive money (and/or crack) to perform a task regardless of actual skill.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Well he gets a paycheck from ESPN, like it or not, it's his job, and therefor a professional.

Sad I know, but the truth.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
More proof that everyone has opinions, but a lot of opinions are more informed than others.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Meh.. its not like the postseason is determined by these power rankings. Let them think what they want, 4-2 is 4-2 at the end of the day..

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3zw03eyv said:
Meh.. its not like the postseason is determined by these power rankings. Let them think what they want, 4-2 is 4-2 at the end of the day..

I am LymonHawk, and I approve of this message. :mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Graziano is partially right, the Hawks are a different team on the road, they don't play with the same energy and sharpness as they do at home.

You can't plan on having home field advantage through the playoffs, so if the Hawks consider themselves Superbowl contenders, winning on the road is a must. Whatever the Giants are doing to be the road warriors of the NFL, copy that shizzle toot sweet Pete.

Hey that rhymed.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Didn't we go down and beat Carolina in their house? That was supposed to be a dynamic offense. Obviously we have a lot to prove on the road, but I'll tell you what winning in your house sure beats losing in your house. Look at San Diego last night. There are plenty of teams who have gotten beat at their house. The Pats lost to the Cards in their house. The Pack got beat handily by the Niners (8 pts, read not a squeaker) at Lambeau and they only beat the lowly Saints by 1 at home.

I get it, respect is earned. Some teams have folks respect based on the year before and I am cool with that.

I also laugh at Power Rankings. We ain't college football. It's one reason why I am a much bigger NFL fan than college fan. Power Rankings are for folks with esteem issues. We play this out on the field. I don't need to know what some pencil necked pen pusher thinks of my team to feel good about them.

I laugh at the continued dis of the Hawks over the Green Bay game. This season is unfolding like a microcosm of our team. Folks may think we're faltering in the first half now and again, but we steadily land body blows and by the end of the fourth the alligator arms are showing up and teams just want to go back to the sidelines.

I don't know that we will win a Super Bowl, but I tell you what, this is emerging as one of my top five all time Seahawks clubs. I love the characters on this team and I love the character of this team. I promise I will support these guys win, lose, or draw and even in a blowout. I hate the way the national media inserts the so-called "Fail-Mary" at every opportunity. I hope that this team shoves that "Fail-Mary" where the sun don't shine and it's just us and our team in a bunker celebrating victory to victory.

Pull up the side-rails, boys, this bandwagon is closing down "we all we got and we all we need..."

nsport

Reaction score
Shoot - why didn't I think of this before. I am going to start publishing my own power rankings. I have some salt. A bit of "experience" as they say. Look for me to build a website in the coming days - I will SEO optimize the foshizzle out of it and we can get some damn respect. My only pledge: unbiased viewpoint. If we are x, I won't say we're y.