THAT... is the Russell Wilson..

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
THAT... is the Russell Wilson..
Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm
  • I've been dying to see.

Well done rook. Well done.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Re: THAT... is the Russell Wilson..
Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:22 pm
  • Good thing. If you said something negative today i was gonna ban your ass. :D
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:45 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:I've been dying to see.

You mean he's getting better with experience?? Who would have ever imagined such a scenario!!??
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:I've been dying to see.

well said Beck well said!
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:05 pm
  • You know what helped him in this close, high pressure game?

all the other ones he's played, he probably wasn't even nervous.

I think this team just freaking clicked, and that is a scary scary thing.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:I've been dying to see.

You mean he's getting better with experience?? Who would have ever imagined such a scenario!!??

Everyone knows you can tell a player will be a bust by how he reacts to the coin toss in the first pre-season game.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm
  • The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 pm
  • Today made a huge difference. It's Wilson's job now. He proved he's a winner and a clutch QB.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 pm
  • All it took was time. Crazy.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:49 pm
  • I was very impressed with RW today. I was also impressed with our wide receivers as well!
    edogg23
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:49 pm
  • There will be more bumps along the way and likely some more bad games. But I think he'll be special. Bad QB's and lucky QBs lead two scoring drives to come back in the 4th.

Major kudos to the receivers too.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:12 pm
  • Wilson's arm strength is unreal and underrated I think. Made those throws look effortless and that ball was sailing 40-50 yards like it was shot out of a cannon. With all that being said, his accuracy was spot on. I think the trust is there now for Wilson to be a bigger part of the game plan as far as throwing the ball. The best thing about him is he has got a good head on his shoulders and seems 100% committed to improving and to be the best in the league. As far as leading two 4th quarter comebacks, lucky or bad quarterbacks don't have the patience or presence of mind to handle the situation.
    EmonacoZ71
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 pm
  • Kudos to you guys that said he was capable of this all along.

I'm very much a "prove it" type of person. Wilson proved he can be above average today and definitely was not mediocre. Even with the fumbles and it seemed like the same ole Hawks giving the game away, he hung in there and earned a lot of respect from me and I imagine a lot of other people today.

This is what I (and I think everyone really) wanted all along and I couldn't be happier right now. If Wilson continues down the road he's going, we could be in for something special this year.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm
  • I probably posted my concerns about Wilson in every START FLYNN thread, so feel compelled to post my congrats to the rook in every Wilson thread, now and going forward. I'm a believer and finally satisfied that he has earned the top spot on this team.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 pm
  • And now he has beaten Brady, Rodgers, Romo and Newton.

This kid is the real deal... he can flat-out play.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:21 pm
  • But he's too short......LMAO.
    Nice job kid.
    SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:21 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

Sweet backhanded compliment! :roll:
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 pm
  • I can't wait to see if there's a new "NFL QBs on Facebook" macro after this week. :)
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:24 pm
  • We're still only seeing a glimpse of what Russell is capable of, IMO. Hopefully this performance will cause Pete to open up full throttle. Russ is a baller.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:27 pm
  • VHawk wrote:
    EastCoastHawksFan wrote:The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

Sweet backhanded compliment! :roll:

He isn't wrong. That secondary is terrible. Russell did his job, which is to punish a bad secondary for 8-10 yards. The receivers did their job, which is to make the catches. It isn't a back handed compliment, it is truth.

Hell, even a receiver throwing a pass made that secondary look terrible.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm
  • i like this kid, he's got some serious moxie and ice water in his veins. can't wait til the offense really get on the same page. WOW!!
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:35 pm
  • Maybe,Bill Belichek is still a master at scheming especially a rookie QB.Isn't it time just to honestly give RW some props?
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:38 pm
  • Today was a very impressive showing by Russell. Time to keep it up against the Niners D.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 pm
  • Man ...Wilson kicked ass. what else needs to be said.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:49 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

And he took full advantage of it. Finally.

That's all the "Wilson doubters" like myself wanted to see from him. He stepped up in a big way after it looked like the team was on the verge of possibly getting blown out.

Very pleased with Wilson today.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:54 pm
  • and to think, with 1 more key completion.in 2 games... we could be 6-0
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:20 pm
  • A day where he brought the team back from 2 scores behind. Russell proved he's got that something today!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:11 pm
  • Did NO ONE see him play at Wisconsin, or know that he was a top QB at TWO different D-1 teams? Broke Andre Woodson's all-time NCAA record of 325 consecutive pass attempts without an interception? First team All-ACC AND first-team All Big Ten? Set the single season FBS record for passing efficiency (191.8)? I mean, it's not like there weren't signs.
    Daddy Love
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm
  • Yes he deserves props today. He played damn well, best game yet. I can see being a RW believer too. Keep it up rookie!
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 pm
  • Daddy Love wrote:Did NO ONE see him play at Wisconsin, or know that he was a top QB at TWO different D-1 teams? Broke Andre Woodson's all-time NCAA record of 325 consecutive pass attempts without an interception? First team All-ACC AND first-team All Big Ten? Set the single season FBS record for passing efficiency (191.8)? I mean, it's not like there weren't signs.

His bright future has never been a question.. it was the present that many were questioning.

The last two weeks though? He's answered those questions. His biggest test will no doubt be on Thursday, but Wilson played great today.. and now the present looks much brighter than it did against St. Louis.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    EastCoastHawksFan wrote:The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

That's all the "Wilson doubters" like myself wanted to see from him. He stepped up in a big way after it looked like the team was on the verge of possibly getting blown out.

And if you guys had had your way, you'd have never gotten to see it because he'd have been on the bench.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 am
  • not me, i'm sorry for flynn, but he's a paid up insurance policy.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:

And if you guys had had your way, you'd have never gotten to see it because he'd have been on the bench.

Haha! Gut punch. I s'pose a few saw that coming. So many people wanted to conveniently ignore he fact that, yes, he's a rookie, but is playing a much smarter game and keeping his composure better than almost any rookie QB I can remember. A comment made by Sidney Rice today rings true in this case. He said something to the effect that Russel has played against some pretty good defenses in most of the games played so far, and has done pretty well when considering how he's been handcuffed by play calling and protection at times...he went on the say that if you add-in the fact that RW is still a ROOKIE it makes what he's pulling off right now 10X more difficult.

I remember a post someone made about the instant gratification most fans are looking for, and it's so true in this case. Some of the posts are so ridiculous as to justify the fiippant benching a rookie QB because they've 'suffered too long already as a Seahawk fan' I've been a fan since 1976, but won't use any suffering-fandom excuses to support stupid decisions by our coaches. The same goes for all the Madden-level GMs out there. Give it a break. Unless the rook totally stinks it up, you stick with him for the first season. It's about developing for long-term success when you've got a high-ceiling guy like Wilson, not yanking him for some flash in the pan that gives you false hopes for maybe one season (see "Difer, Dilfer, Dilfer!"). I'd put dollar to dognut that opposing D's would figure out Flynn's game in short order even AFTER Pete and Bevel pulled the straight jacket off him. Wilson adds mobility, a better deep ball, superior work ethic and intangibles such as leadership and better improv skills, IMHO. When has this team had all of that in one package? A long-in-tooth Warren Moon doesn't qualify.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 am
  • That game winning deep TD pass was ridiculous! For a small dude (in comparison to other QB's in the league) Russ has a cannon arm. I wouldn't say he has Stafford or Vick arm strength, but he's sure up there. He can air it out. Not many QB's can throw THAT deep with such great accuracy. Right on Rice's numbers, and if you give Sidney Rice that kind of opportunity, he's not going to drop the ball.

They should let Wilson throw deep more often. That is if the receivers can get up down the field. Even if they're covered, Tate, Edwards and Rice are great at catching in traffic. Golden Tate is what, 5'10"?? But he plays like he's 6'4" because of how high he can jump up and grab the ball.

I think as time goes by and the more Russell Wilson and Golden Tate play together, the more chemistry they'll develop and they could be a similar tandem as Brady-Welker (well, not THAT good, but you know what I mean). Oh I forgot Doug Baldwin. He's not targeted often and I believe he only gets a few receptions a game, if that, but he manages to make at least one spectacular catch a game. Balls that would be interceptions, Baldwin turns into receptions.

We have been hard on the receivers so far this year, but I think they came through in the second half yesterday. Good thing the Pats secondary is a joke. They have one good DB, that's it really.. I can't believe they let Sidney Rice get behind them on that game winner. Rice was well known as a deep threat during the year Brett Favre had that outstanding season. Hitting Rice for more than 1,300 yards receiving on 83 receptions. He's not the type of receiver that gets a ton of yards after the catch, more a wideout that gets open deep and comes up big on 40 yard plus pass plays.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 am
  • My hat is off for RW. What I bitched about last week (I'll say again, I never called for Flynn to replace him, I just wanted him to show more than FG's and stalled drives), he and the Offense fixed. Yes, it was against a lackluster secondary, but he still made it happen. He played well and I cheered for him all the way. Next up, a tough 49ers defense. Let's go Hawks!!
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:41 am
  • Outstanding RW!!!! And, it is nice to see some of his doubters (especially Hasselbeck) giving him props. Well done.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information